Dr. David Amato

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David Amato

I am so thankful for Dr. Amato and his amazing staff! He clearly explains all of my options and ALWAYS ensures that I am getting the best care possible. I will never switch dentists again.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Dr. Amato had my best interest in mind and he and his staff made me feel comfortable and cared for. Dr. Amato is extremely knowledgeable and the staff were very friendly. My appointment was speedy and enjoyable!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Dr. Amato is an amazing dentist, knowledgeable and caring. I felt very at ease throughout my appointment. Staff is very friendly. Great experience!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Dr. Amato and his team were fantastic and treated me professional care. My health was put first and they made me feel comfortable from the minute I walked in. Elizabeth M.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Had my wisdom teeth taken out . The Amato team took great care of me. Thorough consultation made me feel comfortable in knowing what to expect , before , during and after . Highly recommend Dr.Amato and his awesome team !

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Love going here! I use to hate the dentist and have avoided it/them for years but after meeting Dr.Amato and having a consultation first he truly put me at ease, I highly recommend him and his office to anyone that is unsure or uneasy with visiting the dentist.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Dr. Amato is the most down to earth and friendly dentist. I had my wisdom teeth just recently extracted with him. His staff are kind, attentive, and make you feel at home. The Royal York Dental office is beautiful as well. Dr. Amato let me know exactly what to expect with recovery after the procedure. When I left the office, I was given a bag with instructions and an icepack, which was very convenient for me. They were all so accommodating knowledgeable with any questions I had or wanted to clarify. Awesome experience!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I had the same dentist for 30 years until he retired. When Dr. Amato took over the practice, I was a bit nervous because of my dental phobias, but he has been absolutely terrific in every way; sensitive to my nervousness, incredible in being able to administer freezing completely and knowledgeable and professional in all the actual dental work done. The staff (most of whom have been there from the old days) are terrific too.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

It's worth a trip to the dentist just for the view of Hamilton from this 11th floor dental office! Dr Davide Amato has taken care of my teeth since way back in 97 when he was in Stoney Creek. I can’t say enough good things about this dentist. Dr Dave is a top notch dentist caring for you every step of the way through your dental adventure, always asking if you're OK. He just makes you feel very comfortable through everything a dentist normally does. Thanks to Dr Amato and his team my teeth are as perfect as they can be, with odd crown or two, but overall great! It is such a good feeling to know I took good care of my teeth and they are all still there. My main reason for a review today is to share the excellent experience I recently had with this office and tell the people of Hamilton how great Downtown Dental is! Just recently I had a sore tooth, it ached. I called Downtown Dental and I got in within a few days. I was able to handle the pain by not chewing on that side, so it wasn’t an emergency in my books. They were able to diagnose I needed a root canal and with Dave’s expertise he was able to go through the crown and patch it up again. It was quick and not painful, thanks to freezing. The appointment took a few hours because Dave was thorough and wasn’t rushed. Two months later and I’m still pain free and so lucky I have Dr Dave and his knowledgeable staff as my dental professionals! Downtown Dental is located across the street from the Century 21 apartment building on Main St E in downtown Hamilton. Parking is free in the lot just past the building on the left, you get your ticket validated by the Downtown Dental front desk staff to avoid paying. You take the elevator on the left up to the 11th floor and turn right out of the elevator and the office is on the left. 105 Main St E, Suite 1111. You won’t go anywhere else after visiting.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

Best dentist I've ever seen! I had the same dentist for many years, but as he got older, he started missing things, and eventually I had a few bad experiences in a row with him causing pain as he tried to fix a cavity. This causes me to be nervous of dentists, and I stopped going for two or three years. I then saw a recommended dentist in Hamilton...who freaked me out even more, and I went another year without seeing anyone. When I finally saw the team at Downtown Dental they put me at ease. The staff are friendly (always chatting and they remember things you've chatted about last time if you get the same hygienist...or embarrassing things you've done while under sedation...oops!) The dentist had to tell me that I needed three root canals, but he explained it to me, and suggested IV sedation...best idea ever!!! I was able to get half my mouth fixed in one go (two root canals, and a ton of cavities fixed), which I never would have been able to sit for without the sedation. He also saw my mom and she had to have a tooth extracted. She thought she would be ok, but when he went in to pull it, she started panicking...he stopped and told her he wouldn't have any issues waiting until she could be sedated. She told him to continue because she had taken time off work for this, but afterwards, he told her that he wanted her to please book a sedation appointment for the other large procedure he had to preform, because he wasn't ok with her being so scared in his chair. All in all great dentist, and great staff!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Dr. David Amato's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Davide Amato was born and raised in Toronto. He has been happily married for the last 17 years and has two wonderful teenage daughters. Upon graduation from the University of Western Ontario in 1990 with his Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.), Davide was accepted into the Toronto General/Western Ontario Hospital Residency program, which provided him with extensive knowledge in many facets of dentistry. Davide continues to engage in continuing educational courses to keep updated with the newest techniques and advancements offered in dentistry, including endodontics, oral surgery, implants, cosmetic dentistry, oral sedation, IV sedation, tissue grafting, and periodontal surgery. He loves transforming his patient's smiles. In his spare time, Davide enjoys snowboarding, weightlifting and travelling to new and exciting places.

• Italian
  • English

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 1990)

• Wisdom tooth extraction