Ratings for Dr. Norman A. McDonald

My parents see this doctor and every time they leave his office they get a prescription for antibiotics, when I know they have a common cold. He actually prescribed antibiotics over the phone once for my Dad after speaking to my Mom. I think he should get updated on all the new research out there on antibiotic resistance. It's very scary for me to see my parents get this kind of care, when they think its good . it isn't. I think he needs to retire.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Extremely good doctor very very knowledgeable my doctor for 40 years absolutely no complaints

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

I agree with the majority of the comments in that Norman is not very punctual but worth waiting for. I would rather wait for him than be on time with another doctor that I don't have confidence in. He has been my doctor for 15 years and always makes my annual visits as pleasurable as they can be :-)

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

Has been our family doctor since 1970. He is not punctual but that is because he is thorough and does not rush you out the door. He gives you the time to bring up your concerns and then addresses them. Very good doctor unfortunately I fear he will retire soon.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

He is a good Doctor and a good guy, hopefully he will not retire for awhile yet. He should decrease his patient list though the wait times are to long.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Because of this Doctor, my mother is dead actually, she died in 1979. I was 16 months old at the time. I was not able to meet my mother or know her because of his Neglegence.Check it out, 1979 in all the newspaper. Anyway just thought I would share. As for staff reviews and such, I truly have no idea.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

maybe your appointment is not at the scheduled time, BUT he is sooo great and thorough that I know that he is giving the people ahead of me the best care and he will also treat me with the same courtesy and expertise. NEVER rushes you out of the office. Dr. Norman McDonald is there to help in whatever way he can. He is AWSOME!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

He has been my doctor for 28 years and has been helpful and has taken the time to understand my explanations of the problem without ever jumoing to a wrong conclusion. He has performed minor surgery for me with excellent results but when he thinks I need a specialist, he recommends one rather than trying something he would not perform as well. He is sometimes late seeing patients because he is so popular and as a result has a lot of patients. In spite of that he has on occasioin agreed to see me at his office after it should have closed when I felt it was urgent.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2008

A doctor who never, never rushes you out of the office no matter how may patients are waiting. He is always cheerful no matter what time of day your appointment is. All concerns are always addressed. He is #1 in our family's books.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2007