Ratings for Dr. Vineet Arora

Dr. Arora saved my eye sight. That's all I care about. Certainly you have to wait but tell me which specialist sees you on time. Even my gp keeps me waiting. Bring a book and a coffee and trust me you will be happy you waited. Staff work hard and are helpful.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

Years ago my husband was referred to Dr. Arora. After waiting for a LONG time in the waiting room, he saw my husband for just a couple minutes. Said NOTHING then proceeded to do laser surgery on a floater in question. No medical history was taken, NO CONSENT given (written or verbal) NOT ACCEPTABLE. The laser was painful. (he's had this done before and knows what it should feel like and this was WAY more painful.) Dr. Arora is VERY quick to zap which was confirmed when my husband consulted another specialist who said it should NOT have been done. With every surgery, the benefit needs to outweigh the risk and the scar tissue there now is worse than the floater. He may be a busy doctor but that makes NO excuse for not taking time to inform a patient and let them decide if they want a surgery done or not. I regret NOT reporting this to the OMA, lodging a formal complaint. Please slow down and don't treat patients like a product going down an assembly line!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

just left the doctors after waiting 45 minutes for him to tell me in 2 seconds I'm fine and to make an appointment for a years time. As I sat there and watched 6 people go in and out of his office. He left the door open for each patient. Everyone could hear what was being said, and 5 minutes didn't even go by!!!!!! No wonder our health system is going down hill! His secretaries could of called me and everyone else to give the results or lack there of! I will NOT bel going back that's for sure! .

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

You think with that many patients he would get a bigger office. It always a ZOO in there.. no chairs where people are standing. One time people had to wait outside from the amount of people inside!! It doesn't make sense how that office can be like that. When I take my dad in he usually has to sit on his walker because there is never any chairs for him to sit it

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I agree with previous posting.People should focus on a good work he does.I was legally blind and my vision is fully restored.I don't worry is I have to wait a bit,he is well prepared and organized,once ,how else wouold he be able to take care of so many people in so short period of time.He is not rude,just very direct,He does his job well,highly recomand him

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

My wife has been a patient of Dr. Arora for over 7 years and there is some important info that the complainers don't realize. First, there are only 2 doctors in the Hamilton area that do eye injections, so his case load is insane. So yes there are piles of files around the office as he sees that many patients a week. Second, he is so dedicated to his profession that he chooses to work on saturdays, giving up his free time to help those in need. if he seems a bit short, it is because he is over worked and tries to see as many people in a day that he can physically manage, and that is good for us but hard on him. So give the guy a break and focus on what he is good at, and that is eyesight restoration. I also have found that those who find him "rude" are expecting way too much, asking for the world, and too quick to judge. Stick it out and you will see the dedication and devotion to his patients. Great doctor, nice guy, amazing staff who have to deal with mounds of paper work, which they do manage to keep organized despite other peoples comments to the contrary. focus on the good comments and you wont be disappointed.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Check on the cpso.on.ca to see details about him finally. Read the Hamilton Spectator ten or so back issues.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Dr. Arora is an amazing doctor! Best in the area. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Arora for 7 years I am delighted with the care I have been given by him . There is always a wait in his office due to the.volume of patients he cares for.but he is worth waiting for I feel very lucky to be his patient.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

I saw Dr. Arora when he was on call. My sight was returned by this great man after another eye doctor screwed up my surgery. It's a busy office but you just need to be patient. I would not go anywhere else. His staff work hard and pleasant to deal with.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016