Ratings for Dr. Vineet Arora

Saved my eye and that's all that matters. Now I can see!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Yes he is busy. Bring a book and a list of questions. Staff work hard. The testing that has to be done is obviously needed otherwise he wouldn't order them. They are your eyes after all.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Now I know why this doctor has plenty of bad reviews... Saw it for myself and I agree with everyone. He really needs to learn how to treat others he says are his patients. His office is busy enough and should be thankful to have patients to care for not just for the money. It's constant testing my dad has to get done that are paid for and every time we come back for follow-ups he says the same thing. I am starting to look for someone else as its a WASTE of my time and money!!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I had the distinct impression that this doctor gets paid by the transaction. No bedside manner, and he couldn't seem to wait to get rid of me and on to his next paycheck.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Worst visit! Will be NEVER going there again. My mom was treated horribly by this man. She obviously had issues by being an 80 year old women, but you could tell he cares less. He sat with her for 2 mins and told her to come back in 3 months. No other discussion to what was going on or what will happen at next visit. I would advise to go somewhere else even if it is further then you wanted to go!!!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Who knows what motivates this doctor? In less than 3 minutes, he diagnosed my husband with macular degeneration and pressured him to "make haste" to sign on to get Lucentis treatments -- at $1600 per injection, of which "at least 10" were required. Holy Hannah! Of course, one would do anything to save one's eyesight, so the best course of action would be to have a second opinion, before signing on to such a radical solution. When a second opinion was sought, it turns out my husband had CATARACTS -- a condition which is a far cry from macular degeneration!! Unbelievable that such a divergence in diagnosis should occur, and one can only surmise that it is the value of Lucentis that bolstered Dr. Arora's diagnosis, since it was completely incorrect. The second ophthalmologist that was consulted actually took a number of tests, and reviewed the matter closely with my husband -- even going so far as to bring out charts and textbooks to show the difference between the two conditions -- in an effort to assuage my husband that he did NOT have MD. This behaviour by Dr. Arora is appalling -- and frightening. My husband is a professional, at the top of his field in research, and were it not for that, he might have given in to this depressing diagnosis. It is difficult to imagine what others are succumbing to in Dr. Arora's office, who haven't the ability, or strength,or knowledge, to do their own research. There are so many who would be easily intimidated, or cowed, by such a diagnosis and would easily submit to the treatment -- which might not even be necessary. Beware of this doctor's diagnoses, on all counts, and please seek an informed second opinion. It is in your best interest to do so!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Rude and unprofessional. Made me feel like he had no time for me. Would not recommend him to my worst enemy. I'd rather be blind than visit him again. Dr Vineet Arora is a jerk.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Arora saved my eye sight. That's all I care about. Certainly you have to wait but tell me which specialist sees you on time. Even my gp keeps me waiting. Bring a book and a coffee and trust me you will be happy you waited. Staff work hard and are helpful.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

Years ago my husband was referred to Dr. Arora. After waiting for a LONG time in the waiting room, he saw my husband for just a couple minutes. Said NOTHING then proceeded to do laser surgery on a floater in question. No medical history was taken, NO CONSENT given (written or verbal) NOT ACCEPTABLE. The laser was painful. (he's had this done before and knows what it should feel like and this was WAY more painful.) Dr. Arora is VERY quick to zap which was confirmed when my husband consulted another specialist who said it should NOT have been done. With every surgery, the benefit needs to outweigh the risk and the scar tissue there now is worse than the floater. He may be a busy doctor but that makes NO excuse for not taking time to inform a patient and let them decide if they want a surgery done or not. I regret NOT reporting this to the OMA, lodging a formal complaint. Please slow down and don't treat patients like a product going down an assembly line!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

just left the doctors after waiting 45 minutes for him to tell me in 2 seconds I'm fine and to make an appointment for a years time. As I sat there and watched 6 people go in and out of his office. He left the door open for each patient. Everyone could hear what was being said, and 5 minutes didn't even go by!!!!!! No wonder our health system is going down hill! His secretaries could of called me and everyone else to give the results or lack there of! I will NOT bel going back that's for sure! .

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017