Dr. Vineet Arora

5 1 2.8

You may also like

Rate Dr. Vineet Arora

Dr. Vineet Arora's Ratings

Dr Arora saved me from going blind. It can't be easy being one of the few retina specialists in the area with a huge aging population. The office does their best to accommodate appointments and the doctor tries to save you visits by doing tests when you are there.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2868099].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 16, 2015

I was so happy with my experience with Dr. Arora. He is very busy,his office is very busy ,but he is an incredible Dr. After being officially blind for almost 5 years he gave me back me sight. I was able to see my granddaughter for the first time! She is now six years old!
his staff are very friendly even with how busy they are they are organized and helpfull. If you you are looking for a Dr. Who will sit and talk to you for 20 min....this is not the Dr. For you. If you want results her certainly is!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2867268].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 16, 2015

The clinic is extremely busy, so expect the phone to ring 50 times or more before you get an answer (IF you get an answer at all). Paperwork is bottom priority, so expect to wait weeks if you require paperwork such as claim forms completed. .. and be sure to keep duplicate copies, because files can go missing. If you are not a local resident, be aware that what you thought was going to be a referral appointment, followed by treatment & release; will likely be half a dozen appointments, pre-ops, procedures, rechecks, injections, drops (all of which will require a separate appointment), so get a room & expect to stay a few weeks.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2830782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Staff put improper dose of dilating eyedrops in my eyes resulting in huge side effects which neccessitated a trip to ER because I thought I was having a heart attack . Also called me into a side room to ask me if I had a medical condition ( which I did not) after putting the eye drops in which made me think they realized their mistake. Dr Arora insisting to me that I had an eye condition which I did not and would not listen to me when I disagreed with him. Will never darken his doorstep again. I would drive to Toronto to see a specialist before I would ever go to him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2711152].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

I don't want to go into further detail about my experience. It is my hope that Dr. Arora has gained the ability and experience to change people's lives for the better.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2635525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

I completely disagree with those who did not like their experience with Dr. Arora.
Yes he is "to the point" ,but isn't that exactly what you want when someone is dealing with your health. Dr. Arora diagnosed the seriousness of my husbands detached retina. He cleared his schedule and did emergency surgery the very next day. Dr Arora kept a very close watch on his progress, checking his eye every day. He was vey concerned about the pain caused by pressure behind my husband's eye and did several procedures to reduce this pain and make him more comfortable. A second surgery to remove the cataract and further treat the retina has just taken place.
We have found both Dr. Arora and his staff to be completely professional, caring and accommodating. Yes, sometimes the wait is long. Take a book, relax and you will be well looked after. I would recommend Dr. Arora to my family and friends.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2631987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

Been going to see Dr Arora for several years. Always a discusting experience. No parking, over crowded waiting rooms, understaffed, usually wait for an hour or two to be seen by the doctor for about 30 seconds. He has misdiagnosed problems, scheduled unnecessary surgery that I discovered was not necessary or had already been performed, missed significant problems that other opthamologists have discovered, referred me to other opthamologists that could not find any reason for the referal, scheduled redundant OCT's (3 in one month). I can go on......

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2605015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

Caused blindness in my 90 year old grandma's eye during routine procedure! No solution and no apology! This man should not be treating people.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2536446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

I've read many of these comments, and I'm a bit taken aback. Understanding the climate out there and available expertise, yes he is busy... He's a dying breed of doctor. In terms of skill sets, support, and general caring - I must vehemently disagree with most of these comments. I did my own homework, I took interest into the lensectomy procedure and understood many basics that others seem to annoy the doctor asking. I have NO issues with Dr. Arora's accommodating my schedule, his staff were very considerate with understanding my challenging schedule and I did actually feel a genuine concern for one issue I had raised, which ended up being a side effect. Any questions I've had were answered promptly and professionally.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2483644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Staff are rude, lazy, curt, loud, show absolutely no discretion, loudly discuss patient files within the waiting area, no one greets you when you arrive, place eye drops in patient's eyes WHILE sitting in the WAITING ROOM, office is messy, unorganized. Waiting room is cramped, 1 bathroom for males & females, broken chairs, bathroom is filthy, have to ask staff for supplies. Staff look sloppy. Vineet is extremely arrogant, no bedside manner, no conversation unless you initiate questions, we're treated like numbers, won't refer files & threats to destroy them when asked to refer to another specialist. It's a money grab!constantly says need to return for more needles! Absolutely hate going to this clinic.Senior patients especially, aren't treated w/any respect or confidentiality. Barely any parking spaces for # of patients. Wife runs attached office. No powered accessible doors for wheelchairs, walkers, canes etc. Govt need to investigate NOW!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2450053].votes_count ]]