Ratings for Dr. Joseph C. Casarona

Someone has been writing on t he Internet and it sure as heck was not me.Insider Pages,ZDNET, AND Rate my MDS SCREWED UP CONCERNING THIS. Someone was smearing me and the doctor. Dr Casarona faced unbelievable homophobia along with other Doctors. Dr. Neuri diagnosed me correctly, but pulled out his diagnosis because he had no billing rights and billed under Dr Salgado. Dr Salgado tested me 6 times for HIV BECAUSE I SAID I was/am homosexual, but he is terrible doctor and way off the mark. Dr Casarona was smeared and driven out of medical profession because he fought them. He was right on The mark. I had epilepsy. A lawsuit took place from 2006 to 2011 and ended because my lawyer died.Dr Neuri said his own diagnosis was wrong and he is he head of Epilepsy. My name is James Sullivan and I monitor homophobia in healthcare. I never had HIV or any sexually transmitted disease. Maybe Neuri does as he visits male pros. I SUGGEST ALL GBT MEN WITH ILLNESSES GO TO NYU OR NY Cornell. DR Casarona was professional, OBJECTIVE AND Excellent NEUROLOGIST

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

Insider Pages, ZD Net, and Rate my MDS are a disgrace. I am the patient mentioned as Justa patient on their page. I would never list my medical information on a page. All the doctors discussed ethics, but no one ever considered that when climbing to the top you don't use a patient, myself to prove it. Another common problem that occurred was if Dr Casarona and Dr Salgado didn't like one another, then for the sake of the patient and professional ethics one steps out of the picture. Do you think I was not that stupid to not know what every doctor was doing.This doctor was not the only doctor to blame, but every single neurologist was to be blamed at NYM because they all didn't persue truth for the benefit of the patient. This lawsuit would have never happened if Doctors obeyed obeyed a simple privacy law called HIPPA, and not speak to the NYCDOE, my boss.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

One of the best neurologists hands down. You may have a wait but that is because he takes time with ALL patients. He has a way of delving deeper into your problems, as Dr's are not mind readers and pts need to tell a dr what is wrong. I cannot fathom using any other neurologist. As far as the last statement he created turmoil, sounds like someone is harboring a grudge

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Dr. Casarona has caused turnoil, and a lawsuit. He should not be a doctor. He has been reported ti the Office of Professuinal misconduct

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

Dr. Casarona is the absolute best neuro I have ever met! He is professional and caring and his knowledge is unbelievable. I would highly recommend him to any and everyone I know. If you must wait in the waiting room it is because he is always assuring his patients and making certain that they understand completely what their problem is and how it will be treated. I wouldn't trade him for all the doctors in the world. !

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Dr. Casarona is an awesome neurologist who truly cares about his patients. I love him & respect his knowledge & opinions regarding my health. I have multiple conditions, including SPINAL: post 5-level spinal fusion L1-S1; now 11 new herniations; KNEE- 6 surgeries on right knee, including 2 total knee replacements (1st one was botched); NERVE DISORDERS - Radiculopathy; RSD-Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy with nerve involvement in right leg; Narcolepsy; Depression. It's hard to find a doctor that is willing to work with me due to all my physical issues & resulting complications. I was initially referred to one of Dr. Casarona's colleagues Dr Jonathann Kuo, for chronic pain mgt. Dr Kuo, who is also awesome, referred me to Dr C. They share an office in Manhattan & from Day 1, Dr Casarona has been amazing. Yes, I have to wait hours but I know this so I plan for it. He spends a great deal of time with all patients & is thorough indeed. I highly recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

If you want to wait in an over crowded room with no stimulation except outdated dogeared magazines and the occasional snore of other patients in waiting be my guest. I waited 3 HRS for this guy while he chatted on his cell phone and received 2 drug reps for extended conversation and laughter. I felt so sorry for the woman at the front desk. She kept apologizing for the wait and fending off angry patients. When I finally saw his majesty I was told that I had headaches. Was given 4 prescriptions and ordered a battery of tests 2 of which were given in his office. I never returned and went to a real neurologist Dr. Salgado who advised me that my last MRI (which was shown to Casarona) confirmed that I had a sinus infection. I was told to see an ENT and needed no medication or bogus tests. Don't waste your time go to a REAL neurologist.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2009

Very helpful and he seems to know what he is doing. His appointments frequently run hours late. I usually call ahead to find out when I should actually come.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2008

I waited 2hrs only to hear "you have a bunch of strokes" He hardly spent 5 minutes. Most dissapointed

flag | Submitted May 28, 2007

By far the best neurologist in methodist. Extremely knowledgeable, no nonsense, caring, benefitial. The Hospital administration should ensure that this man is treated with the greatest respect for the great strides he has provided to ensure a patient's well being.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2007

Dr. Joseph C. Casarona's Credentials

• Univ Di Modena, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Modena, Italy (Grad. 1981)