Ratings for Dr. Michael M. Massumi

I have seen Dr Massumi for chronic pain for at least 20 years now. He is a ver understanding and extremely educated pain management physician. When other doctors are fearful to administer pain medication to those who need it to function, Dr Massumi treads into this field. Granted he is working in an area where the risks can be great for patients who can abuse the medication or become addicted easily, I have never known him to over prescribe. Independent doctors such as this man are harder and harder to find as the big medical establishment and insurance companies try to control the market. Don't be afraid to see him. I've referred plenty of patients to him who have all had positive outcomes, including my mother.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Dr. Massumi is crook, a low life, drug pusher, who is only interested in the money and not the patients well being. He puts you on a med cocktail that is ment to get you hooked and keep coming back for more meds and those God aweful injections, which has caused permanent damage to my spine due to the volume and reckless nature of performing such procedures. If you want to become an addict then he's the doc for you. They took his license away and he lied and stated he was having his office redone. He might be one of the most despicable people on this earth, with his monotone almost robotic demeanor and his complete lack of care for his patients. He deserves negative stars and avoide at all costs.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Massumi isn't a bad guy, but (holy cow!) he sure does love giving injections -- injections that may or may not help. And I have to tell you: He is not very delicate in delivering injections, so if you're leery of needles, consider yourself warned. At one appointment in particular, he gave me close to a dozen shots, and I woke up every day for the following three days feeling like I'd been hit by a bus. Be prepared to get stuck A LOT, at each and every appointment. He doesn't take insurance like most doctors do; he charges a flat fee for everyone, and provides the patient with the paperwork to submit it to his or her insurance company. This would be ideal for people who don't have any coverage, but not so ideal for people with small or small-ish copays. Lastly, until they, "get to know you," you have to pay in cash.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Dr.massumi is one of the best doctors I have ever had and I would refer any of my friends or family that have neuro problems or pain management issues as well as arthritis,rehabilitation. Dr.Massumi is a very knowledge doctor you will not be disappointed!

Submitted May 13, 2015

I have been in severe pain for 5+yrs and been to 10+ doctors trying to get a correct diagnosis and relief. Doctor Massumi has been able to give me relief through both meds and injections. He is not a therapist and doesn't listen to pain complaints but will teach while working on you. He seems to make every effort to keep us from becoming too addicted while getting our bodies to heal themselves through different types of injections. Definitely recommend to those who don't want to get further addicted but does give meds when required. I also find the staff helpful and pleasant to deal with.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

I was lied to by the receptionist with accent and black hair to sucker me into paying 150.00 assured me I wouldn't ha echo have injections and the doctor would refill my pain meds ! Well I get there coming from my family doc he gave me Ned's that both cause drowsiness and cut my pain meds in half first visit second visit he cut them again ! And have me injections ! I was lied to and was being weaned off without me knowing ! I was left in terrible pain and broke ! He is a money hungry liar ! I lost both my jobs and he didn't e en care only wants money .. He likes to talk and not listen .. Asks same questions or surprised wen you tell him something you told him last visit .. I would it recommend him as pain management doctor !!! Receptionist with black hair and accent lied to get me in the office and waste money I didn't have !!! I am in disability and he took no et from me knowing he wasn't what I was looking for ! Do not trust him or his staff

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

Massumi lies, he shot me with very strong antiinflamatories 9 times in my lower back, prescribed me anti inflamatories-yet I have heart failure. Um..that's LETHAL! He continued to do so- I refused his shots the next time.. He said he talked to my Dr about a serious misunderstanding- I asked him to verbally verify 3 times-he said yes he talked w/ my Dr. He lied-My Dr said he was told by secretary to talk to her. Now he's withholding the anti inflamatory info when he sent my records to my new pain Dr.. I asked why? He replied -I'll talk to your new Dr. I said no fax them-I have a right as a patient...he said I'd have to pay money for them by law his asst will be calling me. I said how much? he said 6 dollars. I told him My new Dr already faxed a request and he did not send all my info.Now I have to pay? He said yes- WHAT A QUACK! HE COULD HAVE KILLED ME! beware! he's so wrapped up in his $$$ he does not even look at patients records!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

He was sanctioned for his injection process. Apparently he was giving too many injections too frequently. More than 1 patient(s) complained to the state. His office was closed 3 months due to this. He prescribes a boat load of medications (I am assuming for the money). Lied to me about why he was closing (stated his office had to install special super expensive equipment, only to return 3 months later and all he installed was this little machine 3 feet high with wheels on it...hmmmm you closed for 3 months for that???) He lied to me to get me to write a letter about how he helped me. Made me feel bad for him by telling me that the state was pushing him around telling him how to rx his patients. In reality he was giving us all too many injections, too frequently and not doing it properly. I feel bamboozled. He had me on like 6 medications which I complained about all of the time. Insurance also dropped him. Skeezy doctor---BEWARE!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

Having read the comments on this page I can't agree more. I've been seeing Dr. M since 1993 - twenty years. I have Lupus and more recently nave developed neuropathy. My rheumatologist and family medicine doctor also sing his praises. He has kept me going with very limited need for surgical remedies. I am still walking - albeit with a cane - whereas my cousin - also suffering from Lupus who lives out of State - has been wheelchair bound since 2007. We were diagnosed with Lupus a year apart. I credit Dr. Massumi and his wise choice of meds,, therapy and injections in keeping me independent. I see the same respect and fondness in all his patients for him. He is a great tribute to his profession and we are lucky to have him in Baltimore.

Submitted October 10, 2013

My college professor at Goucher referred me to Dr. Massumi as he himself is a patient at Massumi Associates. For three months my elbow had been hurting and I had to give up tennis. No over the counter meds helped. Dr. Massumi was able to pinpoint my problem literally on the first visit. He used a machine that measures nerve conduction and also a computer with ultrasound imaging. It was my radial nerve and it was pinched at my elbow. He then placed medicine by injection around it and prescribed a multi-component cream. I was healed essentially from then on. He sent me to a very capable PT and now in week two all my troubles are history. This doctor is the best I have ever encountered for my sports injuries. I'm back in the swing of things at Goucher thanks to him. His office is very convenient to my school and I am so pleased my professor referred me. I've told our athletic trainer about him and he will be referring other injuries to Dr. Massumi

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

Dr. Michael M. Massumi's Credentials

• Univ Of Birmingham, The Med Sch, Birmingham (352-01 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1982)