Ratings for Dr. Michael M. Massumi

I have been seeing Dr. Massumi for over one year for back pain management. He has given me relief from my herniated discs and bulged nerves. He has a wonderful manner, very easy to talk to, listens carefully, and explains all treatment options. I appreciate his depth of knowledge, professionalism, compassion, and recommend him highly. Dr. Massumi has provided me with excellent procedures and right medications. The office environment is warm and friendly, has a professional yet kind staff, and very attentive with timely appointments.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

I visited Dr Massumi at different times for different medical problems I had. The first visit was because my severe back pain about two years ago. The second visit was because of pain in my right hand about one year ago. The third visit was because of an injury in my right knee about one year ago. The fourth visit was because of pain in my left knee about one month ago. In all (four) instances, I went back to my normal after about 2 months. In each instance, he did identify the problem through manual checks and his ultrasound device and then he did inject a mixture of medicines in precise points. After a follow up visit and taking the prescribed pills I was back to normal in less than two months. A great experienced doctor for pain management.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Dr. Massumi is compassionate, learned and competent doctor who has provided excellent care for my parents who have complicated issues. I recommend him highly to anyone with back pain and hip pain.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

I have seen Dr Massumi for chronic pain for at least 20 years now. He is a ver understanding and extremely educated pain management physician. When other doctors are fearful to administer pain medication to those who need it to function, Dr Massumi treads into this field. Granted he is working in an area where the risks can be great for patients who can abuse the medication or become addicted easily, I have never known him to over prescribe. Independent doctors such as this man are harder and harder to find as the big medical establishment and insurance companies try to control the market. Don't be afraid to see him. I've referred plenty of patients to him who have all had positive outcomes, including my mother.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Dr. Massumi isn't a bad guy, but (holy cow!) he sure does love giving injections -- injections that may or may not help. And I have to tell you: He is not very delicate in delivering injections, so if you're leery of needles, consider yourself warned. At one appointment in particular, he gave me close to a dozen shots, and I woke up every day for the following three days feeling like I'd been hit by a bus. Be prepared to get stuck A LOT, at each and every appointment. He doesn't take insurance like most doctors do; he charges a flat fee for everyone, and provides the patient with the paperwork to submit it to his or her insurance company. This would be ideal for people who don't have any coverage, but not so ideal for people with small or small-ish copays. Lastly, until they, "get to know you," you have to pay in cash.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Dr.massumi is one of the best doctors I have ever had and I would refer any of my friends or family that have neuro problems or pain management issues as well as arthritis,rehabilitation. Dr.Massumi is a very knowledge doctor you will not be disappointed!

Submitted May 13, 2015

I have been in severe pain for 5+yrs and been to 10+ doctors trying to get a correct diagnosis and relief. Doctor Massumi has been able to give me relief through both meds and injections. He is not a therapist and doesn't listen to pain complaints but will teach while working on you. He seems to make every effort to keep us from becoming too addicted while getting our bodies to heal themselves through different types of injections. Definitely recommend to those who don't want to get further addicted but does give meds when required. I also find the staff helpful and pleasant to deal with.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

I was lied to by the receptionist with accent and black hair to sucker me into paying 150.00 assured me I wouldn't ha echo have injections and the doctor would refill my pain meds ! Well I get there coming from my family doc he gave me Ned's that both cause drowsiness and cut my pain meds in half first visit second visit he cut them again ! And have me injections ! I was lied to and was being weaned off without me knowing ! I was left in terrible pain and broke ! He is a money hungry liar ! I lost both my jobs and he didn't e en care only wants money .. He likes to talk and not listen .. Asks same questions or surprised wen you tell him something you told him last visit .. I would it recommend him as pain management doctor !!! Receptionist with black hair and accent lied to get me in the office and waste money I didn't have !!! I am in disability and he took no et from me knowing he wasn't what I was looking for ! Do not trust him or his staff

Submitted November 27, 2014

Massumi lies, he shot me with very strong antiinflamatories 9 times in my lower back, prescribed me anti inflamatories-yet I have heart failure. Um..that's LETHAL! He continued to do so- I refused his shots the next time.. He said he talked to my Dr about a serious misunderstanding- I asked him to verbally verify 3 times-he said yes he talked w/ my Dr. He lied-My Dr said he was told by secretary to talk to her. Now he's withholding the anti inflamatory info when he sent my records to my new pain Dr.. I asked why? He replied -I'll talk to your new Dr. I said no fax them-I have a right as a patient...he said I'd have to pay money for them by law his asst will be calling me. I said how much? he said 6 dollars. I told him My new Dr already faxed a request and he did not send all my info.Now I have to pay? He said yes- WHAT A QUACK! HE COULD HAVE KILLED ME! beware! he's so wrapped up in his $$$ he does not even look at patients records!

Submitted April 18, 2014

He was sanctioned for his injection process. Apparently he was giving too many injections too frequently. More than 1 patient(s) complained to the state. His office was closed 3 months due to this. He prescribes a boat load of medications (I am assuming for the money). Lied to me about why he was closing (stated his office had to install special super expensive equipment, only to return 3 months later and all he installed was this little machine 3 feet high with wheels on it...hmmmm you closed for 3 months for that???) He lied to me to get me to write a letter about how he helped me. Made me feel bad for him by telling me that the state was pushing him around telling him how to rx his patients. In reality he was giving us all too many injections, too frequently and not doing it properly. I feel bamboozled. He had me on like 6 medications which I complained about all of the time. Insurance also dropped him. Skeezy doctor---BEWARE!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

Dr. Michael M. Massumi's Credentials

• Univ Of Birmingham, The Med Sch, Birmingham (352-01 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1982)