Ratings for Dr. Anthony Vivian

Dr. Vivian is knowledgeable but unapproachable. It was difficult to get an appointment with him and once I did he briefly talked about celiac disease (which I had to then ask him if I had), but he did not talk about treatment. He gave me the email address for a volunteer from CCA so I could ask my questions about my sudden need for a change in diet (so obviously he did not have time for a discussion with me).

flag | Submitted October 22, 2018

Herds his patients in like sheep. Doesn't like to answer questions. I've been trying to get a follow up appt. for a month and still no call back. Front staff is rude and impatient. I'm looking for another Dr.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2018

I find a lot of these negative comments very contrary to my experience. I was sent to Dr Vivian to get an ERCP. My appointment was scheduled quickly. I was in to the exam room quickly where Dr Vivian did a complete history and exam. He determined tha I did not require a scope at this time. Very kind, professional and thorough.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Very good and competent physician. I had food lodged in my throat and he did a masterful job getting it out and helping me with my esophagus issue.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

After four years of suffering with gastric distress, my family doctor sent me for an cat scan and an appointment with Dr. Vivian. He reviewed the scan and said that I had a stone in my bile duct. This was surprising as I don't have a gall bladder. He set me up with an appointment to have it removed in few weeks. The procedure was virtually pain free and by the following day, I was feeling great. Excellent diagnosis, quick action and wonderful results. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Needs to retire... And have open mind to new treatment!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

This doctor doesn't care about any form of life! He's only in it for the quick dollar!!! He completely disregarded a patients request to go without anesthesia, and put him under without any consent!! It sickens me that he is one of the top paid.. let alone still practicing!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Summer 2016 He couldn't decide if I to be hospitalized. Checked myself into RCH emerg. I had internal bleeding. Results a week stay @ RCH, blood transfusions and finally Dr. Matt Bernard helped me...be your own advocate please.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Worst staff I have ever encountered, I think her name was Pam who I dealt with. She was absolutely horrible. Would avoid the office just because of her. Rude and unprofessional, and looks to trashy to be working in a specialist office you wait months to get into.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Billing the taxpayer over $800,000 to $900,000 per year, with his scoping business covering a huge portion of the Fraser Valley, from Abbotsford all the way to Chilliwack and probably more. Literally the most crafty, scheming doctor I have ever encountered - with no regard to human life period. I have no idea why provincial authorities have not yet investigated him for his calculated system of deceit. The unfortunate reality is that all the walk in clinics and doctors for 2+ large cities only refer to him - and only him - a silent but deadly code of referral system that does not allow others to enter into the scoping or biopsy market for reasons only known by a few. Doctor's refuse to look at you without a biopsy from him for anything to do with gastro - and he is your only choice, or so everyone says. Avoid him and pray to god that he one day realizes that his greed drove many patients to death, complicated many lives, and screwed our medical system to his benefit in the entire process.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017