Dr. Mark Cohen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Mark Cohen

I had my surgery at Lasik MD on May 11th, and I can’t say enough how it was really one of the best things I have done. Not only was it quick and painless, it was also a great experience. The staff was so friendly and kind. They took care of me every step of the way; they did a few tests to make sure that I could proceed with the surgery. I was a bit nervous but everyone was super helpful, they gave me all the information I needed to take care of my eyes after the surgery. Dr. Cohen answered all of my questions and explained how the surgery was going to go, he kept me very calm during the entire process. Once the surgery was done his assistants took care of me while I waited to make sure I was okay. The entire appointment very smoothly, the Lasik MD team was amazing and I recommend them to everyone.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

I’m an employee at lasikmd and i’ve had my surgery with Dr. Cohen. Dr Cohen was super clear and very patient throughout the procedure. I previously had trouble seeing from upclose but now its no longer an issue. The staff members were great as well as the service they provided.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2018

I’ve had the pleasure of having my surgery done with Dr. Mark Cohen last week . Im really ecstatic with my reaults. Dr. Cohen was thorough with his explanations and instructions throughout the entire process. The staff members were all courteous and professional. The wait time was short and nothing felt rushed. I would definitely recommend lasik surgery to anyone who’s considering it!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

Dr. Cohen and staff did a great job at putting me at ease before my LASIK procedure. He was happy to answer my questions and guide me through the process of surgery. The procedure was quick and painless with excellent results and I would happily recommend others book surgery with Dr. Cohen. The clinic staff were also excellent, overall a great experience at LASIK MD

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Prior to receiving surgery, I had the opportunity to meet with Dr. Cohen and ask him any additional questions which I may have had in regards to the surgury. He very kindly went over the process with me and explained what I may feel and experience while the procedure would be taking place which helped to put me at ease. Although I was still slightly nervous during the surgery, Dr Cohen carried out a conversation with me the entire time in order to help me relax and divert my attention from the unfamiliar experience. The procedure went by so quickly and smoothly. By the following morning, I was already able to notice a significant improvement in my eyesight. After wearing glasses for 16 years I can certainly say that Lasik was truly such a positive life changing experience.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Dr.Cohen was extremely professional and courteous. I was immediately at ease during the surgery as he talk me through the entire process calmly and clearly, therefore I felt secured and relaxed throughout the surgery. I would recommend LASIK MD to everyone considering getting having LASIK Eye Surgery. Ii has changed my life and will yours.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

If you’re hesitating where to go for your Laser eye surgery I would definitely recommend LASIK MD. I had my surgery done a few days ago with Dr Cohen and everything went well. Super quick and zero pain, only a bit uncomfortable a few hours after surgery but go to sleep and you’ll be fine! At my appointment the next morning we saw I had a bit of inflammation in my left eye, which went away by the afternoon and I had fibres that were stuck underneath the flap in my right eye. They brought me back in that same afternoon and got a consultation with the surgeon and had it removed in 2 minutes with a simple procedure including water. He warned me it might be a bit uncomfortable afterwards but honestly I felt nothing. The staff is very approachable and professional. Loved my experience!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

I was lucky enough to have Dr.Cohen and honestly he was amazing! I guess he could tell I was nervous so he was asking me all kind of questions during the operation to distract me from the surgery itself and little do I know after 5 minutes I was done. He was the best! The surgery itself is life changing, I wake every morning thinking I have my contacts in, every is just so clear even better than my contacts/ glasses. I honestly recommend everyone to do it! Nobody is a bigger scaredy-cat like me and now I see 20/20 !

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

I had my lasik surgery preformed by Dr. Cohen in the month of January. We had a little consult prior to the surgery where he explained the procedure in detail. He then warned me that I might feel a bit discomfort at some point during the surgery. I appreciated this of him because I knew what to expect during surgery time and I wouldn't be caught of guard. It really appeased me because I very anxious about the surgery. During my surgery, Dr. Cohen took his time and explained every step of the procedure. I felt very comfortable because he was very professional, he knew what he was doing and would continuously asked me during the surgery if I was okay or if I felt any discomfort, which was nice. I am very happy that i did the surgery because i can see 20/20 now and i no longer have to wear eyeglasses anymore nor squint my eyes. A big thank you Dr. Cohen. He did an amazing job.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

Excellent and knowledgeable surgeon! Very professional with patients.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Dr. Mark Cohen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND Dr. Mark Cohen co-founded LASIK MD along with Dr. Avi Wallerstein. He is the president of LASIK MD, and one of its two national medical directors. As a cornea and laser vision correction specialist, Dr. Cohen is responsible for teaching laser eye surgery to ophthalmology residents from the University of Sherbrooke, University of Montreal and McGill University. He also teaches the basic science of corneal imaging to all first year Canadian ophthalmology residents at an annual course offered at the University of Toronto. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND Dr. Cohen completed his medical degree and specialization in ophthalmology at the internationally renowned McGill University. While at McGill, he was awarded the prestigious Holmes’ gold medal, given to the graduate of the faculty of medicine with the highest academic standing upon completion of four years of medical school. He then completed his training with a post-doctoral fellowship in corneal transplantation and refractive surgery. REFRACTIVE EXPERIENCE Dr. Cohen is a world-renowned refractive surgeon. He has performed over 60,000 procedures and has trained more than 200 Canadian ophthalmologists. He holds the distinction of being the youngest surgeon in North America to perform LASIK surgery. A pioneer in the field, he was one of the first surgeons in North America to use a scanning-spot laser and large flap microkeratome, both standard technologies today. Dr. Cohen is well-versed in the Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) procedure for keratoconus patients. He is also an expert in topography-guided laser treatments and teaches this procedure internationally for Alcon Wavelight. Because of his extensive experience with topography-guided ablations for complex corneal cases, Dr. Cohen’s expertise is renowned. Since 2009, his colleagues from all over North America have referred their patients to him for such treatments. ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND AWARDS Dr. Cohen is a certified C-LASIK instructor, one of 14 surgeons in North America with this designation to teach LASIK. He has given several international courses on beginner and advanced LASIK techniques. He is co-author of the governmental Council for the Evaluation of Health Care Technology's report on LASIK and PRK. In 2007, Dr. Cohen was named Quebec’s Young Professional of the Year, by the Chamber of Commerce of Quebec. He (along with Dr. Avi Wallerstein) was awarded the Ernst & Young 2008 Entrepreneur of the Year Award in the professional/financial services category for Quebec. Also in 2008, Dr. Cohen was named one of Canada’s ‘Top 40 Under 40’, in a national competition sponsored by the Globe and Mail. This award is given annually across Canada to 40 individuals who have demonstrated “vision, innovation, achievement and community involvement under the age of 40”. ASSOCIATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS • Royal College of Surgeons of Canada • Canadian Ophthalmology Society • American Academy of Ophthalmology • International Society of Refractive Surgery • American, Canadian and European Societies of Cataract and Refractive Surgery

• English
  • French

• Université de Sherbrooke
  • McGill University
  • Universite de Montreal

• Young Professional of the Year
  • Globe & Mail ‘Top 40 Under 40’