Dr. Mark Cohen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Mark Cohen

I had my lasik surgery preformed by Dr. Cohen in the month of January. We had a little consult prior to the surgery where he explained the procedure in detail. He then warned me that I might feel a bit discomfort at some point during the surgery. I appreciated this of him because I knew what to expect during surgery time and I wouldn't be caught of guard. It really appeased me because I very anxious about the surgery. During my surgery, Dr. Cohen took his time and explained every step of the procedure. I felt very comfortable because he was very professional, he knew what he was doing and would continuously asked me during the surgery if I was okay or if I felt any discomfort, which was nice. I am very happy that i did the surgery because i can see 20/20 now and i no longer have to wear eyeglasses anymore nor squint my eyes. A big thank you Dr. Cohen. He did an amazing job.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

Excellent and knowledgeable surgeon! Very professional with patients.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Le Dr Cohen a réalisé mon intervention LASIK en janvier 2018 à la clinique LASIK MD de Montréal. J’étais très nerveuse, mais aussi particulièrement excitée à l’idée de me débarrasser de mes lunettes. Après plusieurs examens le jour même de la chirurgie, j’ai rencontré le Dr Cohen, qui m’a rapidement expliqué en quoi consistait l’intervention. Ses explications ont été claires et concises et il a pris soin de s’assurer que je n’avais pas de question. La chirurgie en tant que telle s’est déroulée encore mieux que je l’imaginais. On m’a administré des gouttes anesthésiantes pour que je ne sente absolument aucune douleur (je n’en ai d’ailleurs pas ressenti même après l’intervention). Je redoutais le moment où je n’allais rien voir pendant quelques secondes, mais j’ai été tout de suite soulagée de remarquer que ça se produisait graduellement. Le Dr Cohen m’a aussi aidée à me sentir en sécurité à ce moment parce qu’il me décrivait ce que mes yeux percevaient au fur et à mesure que ça se produisait. Il m’a aussi dit que je pouvais compter jusqu’à 15 avant de pouvoir voir à nouveau. Je me suis donc concentrée à compter après quoi tout était pratiquement déjà terminé. La chirurgie n’a duré qu’environ trois minutes par œil, après lesquelles je pouvais déjà constater une amélioration de ma vision. Je recommanderais le LASIK et le Dr Cohen à toute personne admissible à cette intervention. Votre vie en sera assurément transformée.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

I had my surgery done on November 23rd with Dr. Cohen, who made me feel at ease as soon as I walked into the operating room. Dr. Cohen explained the different steps of the procedure with much details and ensured I had no questions before we proceeded. Very well-experienced doctor, has a calm and reassuring personality which made me feel very comfortable throughout the procedure. The surgery was done in minutes and I did not feel any pain or discomfort. The end-result is great and I am very satisfied. Thank you LASIK MD!!!!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Very good doctor. Did not wait for a long time to see him.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

After 15 years of wearing glasses and contacts, I finally decided to take the plunge and had Custom LASIK with Dr. Cohen on October 2017. The whole process was very well organized and the staff were very nice, giving me plenty of opportunities to ask questions, and I really felt that they were extremely diligent with their evaluation tests. I was slightly nervous when I entered the operation room, and Dr. Cohen did an amazing job in making me comfortable and keeping me distracted with conversation. Both him and his assistant, Deniz, worked very quickly and professionally - although they told me the operation would take 10 minutes, it barely felt like three! He also followed up with me again outside of the operation room, ensuring I can contact him with any questions. I'm still amazed how fast my vision improved, I rested most of the day after my operation but I was able to see perfectly clear and go back to almost all daily activities the next day.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I had been thinking of getting laser surgery done since a couple of years now, but I was hesitant to take the first step. I had been wearing glasses and contact lens for over 16 years so after completing my free consultation, I was literally counting the days until my surgery! I completed my surgery on September 21st 2017 in Montreal with Dr. Mark Cohen. Dr. Cohen, is very kind and professional and he really knows how to put his patient's at ease. I started to feel nervous after entering the surgery room and Dr. Cohen sensed this immediately, so he helped distract me during the procedure by discussing the history of Lasik MD. The surgery was quick and painless and we were done in a matter of minutes. I am very happy with the results and the service I received and I am currently convincing my brother to undergo the same procedure. Thank you Dr. Cohen and Lasik MD, for giving me a new and clear view on life!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I had my laser eye surgery done on june 21st with Dr.Cohen at LasikMD in Montreal, I am a very anxious person but the staff walked me through the whole process and were able to answer all my questions before going through the procedure which really helped to calm me down. I was also able to talk to Dr. Cohen before the surgery, he was quite nice and reassured me concerning the procedure. I am so glad I am now glasses free ! .

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I recently got my vision corrected by Dr.Cohen at LasikMD in Montreal, his staff were super friendly and both them and him took the time to explain the whole procedure to me. After a few minutes I could not believe the results, I now no longer have an astigmatism and couldn't be happier with the results. I strongly recommend Dr.Cohen and LasikMD

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

On March 16, 2017 I was very fortunate to have Dr. Mark Cohen perform eye laser surgery on me. From the moment I walked into Lasik MD Montreal branch I felt welcome and at ease. The day of surgery, I did additional tests for precision purposes. The first step I was seen by an ocular specialist, Maher, he was very professional, informative and supportive. After meeting with him I did some more examinations with another technician, I then signed consent sheets, met with a surgical councilor; she went over the rules to follow, explained how to use the drops answered a couple of questions, and finalized with the payment. Afterwards, I was seen by Joel, a surgical assistant, he was very informative and sympathetic, he advised me that this was going to be a lot less nerve-wrecking than expected, it would be quick and painless (I must admit he was not lying). I then met with the surgeon, he explained the following steps thoroughly, asked if I had any questions and was extremely professional, which allowed me to feel comfortable with my decision of undergoing the surgery. The procedure happened; I was told it would last around ten minutes, it felt like three. Post-Surgery another specialist examined my eyes to confirm everything was well and finally I was on my way. I went to bed right after I got home, as I woke up I felt a bit of discomfort. The next morning I went back for the 24-hour follow up appointment at the Laval branch, (as it was more convenient). The receptionists Adrianna and Sabrina were very caring, I was seen right away by the optometrist, Dr. Carolyn she was extremely informative, and patient, she answered all my questions precisely, she also explained that I had dry eyes but with the Systayne eye drops it should get better otherwise there are many alterative solutions that can be considered should the problem persist. In conclusion, throughout the entire experience I was followed and reassured, I hardly had time to worry, I felt no pain and I no longer feel discomfort. I can now see perfectly without depending on glasses or contact lenses! Thank you Lasik MD staff for being informative, professional, supportive and caring and most of all thank you for giving me my vision back!!!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Mark Cohen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND Dr. Mark Cohen co-founded LASIK MD along with Dr. Avi Wallerstein. He is the president of LASIK MD, and one of its two national medical directors. As a cornea and laser vision correction specialist, Dr. Cohen is responsible for teaching laser eye surgery to ophthalmology residents from the University of Sherbrooke, University of Montreal and McGill University. He also teaches the basic science of corneal imaging to all first year Canadian ophthalmology residents at an annual course offered at the University of Toronto. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND Dr. Cohen completed his medical degree and specialization in ophthalmology at the internationally renowned McGill University. While at McGill, he was awarded the prestigious Holmes’ gold medal, given to the graduate of the faculty of medicine with the highest academic standing upon completion of four years of medical school. He then completed his training with a post-doctoral fellowship in corneal transplantation and refractive surgery. REFRACTIVE EXPERIENCE Dr. Cohen is a world-renowned refractive surgeon. He has performed over 60,000 procedures and has trained more than 200 Canadian ophthalmologists. He holds the distinction of being the youngest surgeon in North America to perform LASIK surgery. A pioneer in the field, he was one of the first surgeons in North America to use a scanning-spot laser and large flap microkeratome, both standard technologies today. Dr. Cohen is well-versed in the Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) procedure for keratoconus patients. He is also an expert in topography-guided laser treatments and teaches this procedure internationally for Alcon Wavelight. Because of his extensive experience with topography-guided ablations for complex corneal cases, Dr. Cohen’s expertise is renowned. Since 2009, his colleagues from all over North America have referred their patients to him for such treatments. ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND AWARDS Dr. Cohen is a certified C-LASIK instructor, one of 14 surgeons in North America with this designation to teach LASIK. He has given several international courses on beginner and advanced LASIK techniques. He is co-author of the governmental Council for the Evaluation of Health Care Technology's report on LASIK and PRK. In 2007, Dr. Cohen was named Quebec’s Young Professional of the Year, by the Chamber of Commerce of Quebec. He (along with Dr. Avi Wallerstein) was awarded the Ernst & Young 2008 Entrepreneur of the Year Award in the professional/financial services category for Quebec. Also in 2008, Dr. Cohen was named one of Canada’s ‘Top 40 Under 40’, in a national competition sponsored by the Globe and Mail. This award is given annually across Canada to 40 individuals who have demonstrated “vision, innovation, achievement and community involvement under the age of 40”. ASSOCIATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS • Royal College of Surgeons of Canada • Canadian Ophthalmology Society • American Academy of Ophthalmology • International Society of Refractive Surgery • American, Canadian and European Societies of Cataract and Refractive Surgery

• English
  • French

• Université de Sherbrooke
  • McGill University
  • Universite de Montreal

• Young Professional of the Year
  • Globe & Mail ‘Top 40 Under 40’

Oxford