Ratings for Dr. Ronald Toews

Accommodating, helpful, great family doctor. Have given me day-before appointments when I needed it but had short notice. Friendly as well and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr. Toew has been our family doctor for years now - we consider ourselves lucky. Sometimes you do have to wait but there have been times when we were in a crisis and he spent the time with us we needed so I when I have to wait, I just think he is likely giving someone else the time they desperately need.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

I have been a patient of dr toews for almost 28 yesrs. Have never had a bad experience with either him or his very friendly, capable staff. Thank you for takimg care ofy familys health

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Dr. Toews has been my family doctor for 25 years - since I was 4. He's a great man, a wonderful and caring doctor, very knowledgable and professional and I truly admire him. He's helped me through thick and thin, and I wouldn't change a thing! The receptionists are also great. Sometimes I end up waiting a while but that comes with the territory, and I never mind. Just grateful I have a doc in Waterloo region, especially one so wonderful. Thanks Dr. Toews!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

Not a Doctor that I would recommend. Misses problems, loves to give prescriptions as opposed to clearly identifying the issue or problem, and then a good solution. Phones are a HUGE problem in the office...Put on hold is a very common problem. There are other better MD's out there. Search them out. You can do significantly better.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2011

i love dr. toews, i have been with him for 7-8 years, i think he is great, agreed that he should be updated on current drugs and effects, and everything else but he is great. very helpful... and friendly... and non judgemental

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

one staff is unfriendly. Dr Toews is friendly but he needs more recent medical knowledge re drugs, treatment, etc. Websites often seem to be more informative than him.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

We have be Dr. Toews patients for many years and feel we are very fortunate to have such a caring doctor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

he is a good doctor. like him very much.like his staff, they try their best.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2010

My family really misses Melissa when she is not there. What a pleasant secretary she is. Since moving to the new office, I find I'm always struggling to get through to book an appointment, and when I finally do, I get put on hold. Also, Dr. Toews doesn't ever really seem to know what's going on. There was one time when he asked me what I thought we should do about it...."I don't know, aren't you the doctor?" He also almost put me on a prescription that would have seriously interacted with my birth control. He is very pleasant to be around, but doesn't seem very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010