Ratings for Dr. Scott E. Metzger

Money making machine designed to keep you coming back...and keep paying them! Very little or no relief for my issue (at least 6 visits, co-pays and other fees even with excellent insurance). Dispatches staff for follow up and other important visits. Worst medical experience ever during procedure. He forgot I was there. Almost two hours late for scheduled procedure while on a fast. Now seeing another Dr. who actually listens to me, treats my body as a whole (Dr.M will only focus on one area of pain/discomfort w/o taking into consideration your other maladies) making a strong case for a more holistic method of healing and becoming healthy again. He needs to take his face out of his digital exo-scetch and look at the persons body and listen.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

After 14 months of poor quality medical care, I found Dr Metzger andI cannot say enough good things about him. Not only did he accurately and quickly diagnose me but his treatment relieved my pain within 2 weeks. His office and staff are top notch, Dr Metzger is warm, empathetic and skilled. If you are in pain this Doctor is the person to see. I spent over a year with a diminished lifestyle and was getting depressed. I wish, I had seen him immediately.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I have been putting off seeing a doctor for my sciatica. I thought it would go away on its own but it didnt. I was so glad to find out that I have a lot of options. Dr Metzger was very informative

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

Dr. Metzger is wonderful. His staff is extremely helpful and amazing. There is little to no wait time to get into the room and see the doctor. Since going to Dr. Metzger I am not laying on the floor as much as I used to and I am feeling so much better. I have never had any problems with either the doctor and the staff.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2014

Waited 45 minutes and was told I couldn't even be seen and they refused to give me my copay back

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Dr. Metzger is by far the best Pain Management Doctor I've been to in the past 30 years. He always greats me with a warm smile and really listens to me. I never leave his office with unanswered questions. He is easy to reach and his office staff is so friendly and helpful. I'll never use another Pain Management Doctor even if it means going "Out of network"!!!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

Dr. Metzger is not only knowledgeable but also very polite and kind. His bedside manner is beyond reproach. If you are in severe pain and need a good doctor to help you I highly recommend Dr. Metzger. Not only is he a good doctor but he is also a fine gentleman.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2013

Have been seeing Dr. Metzger for Ten years. I find his best attribute to be his wiliness to listen and truly care about my well being. He is extremely professional and dedicated. I would not be able to function as well as I do after so many failed back surgeries if it was not for his guidance. I trust his judgement and feel honored to be treated by him. He simply is the best. Believe me, through the years, I have experienced many Drs. And yes, it is unfortunate, but you are not their number one priority. With Dr. Metzger, you are... Staff included.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

My physical therapist recommended Dr. Metzger several times before I called to schedule an appointment. When I met him and his staff I was so glad that he was willing to coordinate my care with my physical therpist. I wound up having an epidual and I did great with the injection. I would go back to his office anytime if my pain came back:-)

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

Dr. Scott E. Metzger's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Boston Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02118 (Grad. 1992)

Oxford
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Money making machine designed to keep you coming back...and keep paying them! Very little or no relief for my issue (at least 6 visits, co-pays and other fees e..."

October 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After 14 months of poor quality medical care, I found Dr Metzger andI cannot say enough good things about him. Not only did he accurately and quickly diagnose ..."

July 10, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "He could not even bother to read my file before coming in to see me. He never knew who I was. "

June 16, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=708096'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 22, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=708096'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

February 6, 2014