Ratings for Dr. Richard Robert Benedict

Great experience, very thorough, and takes the time to explain your procedure, and what will happen after surgery. Makes you feel at ease. Would highly recommend this kind surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Dr. Benedict performed a lumpectomy and a partial mastectomy two years ago for a diagnosis of having breast cancer. He was very professional, friendly, kind and knowledgeable. I have a lot of confidence in Dr. Benedict as a surgeon. I am glad that I was referred to him as a patient . Thank you Dr. Benedict for all the long and tireless hours that you put in to help others.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

So my 7 year old swallowed a toonie. Dr. Benedict spoke with him, and myself. Allowed us both to know how his surgery would go. My 7 year old was not shamed for doing the silly thing, he was so helpful, kind, and even make a joke or two to calm down my son. If you get dr. Benedict for anything. You are in good hands.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

After spending 14 hrs in emerg in the "ambulatory " zone, with a perforated bowel and acute abdomen in excruciating pain (and also in my uniform as i was at work that am), i was on the OR table with dr benedict for the surgeon. He was very good. Saw me everyday, very pleasant and caring!! Successful surgery and did his best to ensure no post op complications.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr. Benedict is a waste of time. He does not have patience, nor understanding for people with disabilities. If you cannot understand or hear him at first, he gets very derogatory and condescending and makes smirking faces and rolls his eyes, and puts on a show for his dictating medical students. His ignorant medical doctor students falsely label people in reports as being obese if they have a few pounds extra which is absolutely insulting. He did not do what he said he would do for the colonoscopy and I spent a full day in the hospital expecting to have an internal issue dealt with. I went through the entire procedure to find out that they didn't sedate me like they said they would and they did not deal with the issue. When I was still under and groggy (and not seeing or hearing), he claims he told me all the results of the procedure. How on earth is a patient supposed to remember anything at that time? You are supposed to wait until they are fully alert, awake, lucid and can see and hear properly and THEN you take the time to talk with them. Then I asked them why and they said I must have misunderstood. No, I didn't. I had to wait over 1.5 hours each time for a scheduled appointment that I was always arriving early for. Don't waste your time with this doctor. Go find someone else in the Sudbury area or travel to see a more competent person who is more honest, patient, up front and realistic.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Dr. Benedict maimed me for life, ruined my life ,I ended up on a disability pension when he was done with me ,I can no longer work because off what he did to me ,he has cost me my future , I have no quality of life because of what he did to me ,I cannot leave my wife and children financially secure because I am now disabled because of him ,in my opinion his licence to practice medicine should be revoked ,Doctors are suppose to help patience not cripple them. I will forever regret the day I met this Butcher.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

His office staff are LOVELY. He was on time, spent about twenty minutes with me and actually spoke to me like a human. What a refreshing change from most surgeons! He even cracked a few jokes!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

Friendly, courteous, knowledgeable, caring, goes above and beyond.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

dr benedict is amazing, as is his staff.... i am petrified of doctors and everything to do with them. i found dr benedict considerate, informative, patient, extremely knowledgeable, more than willing to answer any questions and address any concerns. i just had surgery this afternoon, and although i have slight discomfort, it is obvious he is also a most talented surgeon. dr. benedict and his staff are totally professional and personable.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

Dr. Benedict is a professional and kind surgeon. I was in hospital for 2 months beginning December 2011. During this time he performed 2 critical surgeries on me. I was ill for a long time before this and saw specialists who either didn't or wouldn't find the problem. Dr. Benedict has changed my life for the better. I am very grateful to him.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012