Ratings for Dr. Russell K. Leonard

Dr. Leonard is a very personable doctor. He is very friendly and easy to talk to. However, in my case he made very rash decisions without consulting a specialist. I met Dr. Leonard at the emergency of the Peace Arch Hospital in White Rock. I have had recurring episodes of Tachycardia (heart racing) for the last 30 years. I've seen many cardiologists and emergency staff in that time. Therefore, I think I have a fairly good handle on how doctors perform. At first Dr. Leonard followed standard procedure, but after that didn't work he improvised without consulting a cardiologist. It was pretty obvious that he had no clue what to do, but he decided that cardioverting me 4 times with up to 360J was the way to go! He only contacted the specialist after that didn't work either! As I said, he's a nice enough guy, but at least when it comes to electrophysiological problems of the heart, he definitely doesn't know enough.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

We met Dr Leonard in the emergency ward of Peace Arch Hospital where my husband had been admitted with congestive heart failure. He was very caring and kept a close watch on him. He was very patient with us and ensured that all the necessary tests were done to diagnose the cause and extent of the problem. Surgery was expedited when it was determined how serious the condition was. Follow ups were thorough. He listened to us and our concerns, and put our minds at ease. He is very easy to talk to. My husband is doing well now, thanks to him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Very personable, always smiling. Very intelligent doctor - really knows his stuff!!!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2007