Ratings for Dr. Brian Fitzsimmons

You may feel reluctant to see a male OBGYN but all of my visits with Dr. Fitzsimmons were nothing but pleasant and comfortable. His office ambiance is the first thing I noticed. It's set up to make you feel at home and it's tastefully decorated and soothing music played in the background. You can tell he cares about his patients. Great MOA, I might add. He was very considerate, explained my options and patiently answered all of my questions . I feel very lucky to have experienced his care. The best doctor! Will recommend him every chance I get.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Could not have asked for a better experience. Answered every question and anticipated a few I had not thought of. Was completely reassured and prepared. The entire team from initial meeting at office to surgical pre and post op staff were amazing. Cannot recommend highly enough.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I have seen Dr. Fitzsimmons 3 times after being referred to his office by my GP. Each time I have found him to be caring and helpful. To be honest, I am so glad to have found him and know that if/when I need him in the future, that he will be there and that he'll give me the best care and treatment possible. He has always made me feel at ease and answers all my questions and follows up on anything and everything that I've told him on past visits - he seems to genuinely care about my health in general and not just OBGYN issues. Not to mention, he totally understands my twisted sense of humour, which comes out when more when I'm nervous, and I actually really appreciate that! His MOA Evelyn has always been a delight as well and follows through on everything and is always wonderful when ever I've been in the office or on the phone. I honestly can't say enough good things about him, and am so glad to have him as my doctor!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Excellent doctor very caring understand situation love him

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

I was a little nervous about seeing a man at first until I met Dr Brian. He put me at ease immediately. His gentle manner and easy to understand explanation left me feeling positive about my health. He has created a nice balance of a professional and relaxed feeling in his office. Love Dr. Brian and would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

The worst doctor I have seen in my entire life. His receptionist is rude, too.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

Around December 2014, I was referred to Dr. Selke but ended up being a patient of Dr. Fitzsimmons, regarding a 4cm subserosal pedunculated uterine fibroid. I told him I was concerned about the symptoms I was getting (heavy periods, lots of cramping, feeling of full bladder, urinary frequency) and that I wanted to try to get pregnant in the next year (I’m in my early 30s, never have had children). His recommendation was to put me on birth control, to help relieve the symptoms, but was totally against surgery and it could lead to infertility. To be honest, I was open to surgery at that point because it would have been laparoscopic (less invasive), while if the fibroid grew I knew a laparoscopic surgery would be less likely, leading to the need for a laparotomy (abdominal incision) with higher rate of c-section delivery. He mentioned that there were some drugs to help shrink but they haven’t been fully tested and that I would probably be fine, that I could even get pregnant with a fibroid and delivery a baby. Six months after being on the pill I came back to him, with less symptoms and no period – to which he exclaimed “Great! Who wants those anyways?!” I thought that was an extremely insensitive comment. He did not suggest a follow-up ultrasound to see how the fibroid was doing and just sent me on my way. I asked my MD to refer me to another OB/GYN but was told that they can only refer you once a year to an OB/GYN…I don’t think that’s true, I tried twice and was told no. In Feb. 2016 I had a follow-up ultra sound and the fibroid has now doubled in size – it’s 10x6x9 cm. I’ve developed chronic lower back pain, constipation and my urinary frequency is about 4-5 times/hour and the feeling that I’m never really emptying my bladder, along with a 3-month pregnant looking abdomen and feeling of pelvic fullness. I get cramps which are most likely related to the twisting of the fibroid. Of course if took quite some time to get a referral to a specialist and I finally saw a new OB/GYN this week and was told that if I wanted to stick to my plan and get pregnant within the next year I have two options: 1) try to get pregnant with fibroid (but she’s afraid I’d have a miserable pregnancy given the symptoms I already have) or 2) have a laparotomy (abdominal incision) which will then most likely lead to a c-section. She said that taking out the type of fibroid I have will most likely not lead to infertility as mine is not in the uterus, it’s attached, but not embedded – Dr. F, should have known that too. She also said that it’s too bad that Dr. Fitzsimmons did not see the bigger picture and try to address the fibroid soon and leave me in a position where I don’t need such an invasive surgery, knowing that I would like to have children soon. I feel that the medical system failed me in not letting me get a second opinion. I feel that Dr. Fitzsimmons failed me by being dismissive and overly assured in what he thought he knew – he lacked follow-up skills, diligence and simple listening skills. Now I have been given two undesired options and most likely have had the option of experiencing a vaginal birth taken away from me. It’s extremely frustrating and sad because had my situation been dealt with properly I would most likely not be undergoing all of this physical and emotional pain and discomfort.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

He is my doctor for 10 years. I am always getting excellent help with all my, sometimes uncommon health issues. Highly recommend both Dr. Fitzsimmons and Dr. Selke.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I am so blessed I found a doctor like Dr. Fitzsimmons.I am a new immigrant from Greece, he was very kind and helpuf to me like no other doctor before ,although my english wasn't at the level I wanted but he and I we found a way to communicate.He tried to make me understand everything.I totally recommend him for sure!!!I am so happy having a doctor like him by my side.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

From my initial diagnosis through surgery Dr. Fitzsimmons has been fantastic. Kind caring and compassionate and ready to answer any and all questions I had. Evelyn, his receptionist is great too. I would highly recommend him and have done so to co-workers.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016