You may also like

Rate Dr. Edsel Ing

Dr. Edsel Ing's Ratings

Dr. ING and his staff aren't very personable, and the administrative staff is unorganized and borderline rude. In saying that, Dr.ING is an expert and I'm pleased with the results of my strabismus surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2878184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I really don't know how this doctor receive any star. I have never met any doctor as rude as him. I understand the long wait is normal at any specialist office so I am not complaining about the wait. It's his poor bedside manner. He is impatient to my questions , told me I will be in a lot of pain, I will bleed a lot, my growth will come back in two years after surgery then walked out of the room while I was still talking. I thought he just had a bad day or had more important people to see. Second appointment was 8am. I was the first patient. Nothing changed. He was the same rude person. He did not answer my question and didn't even know where to look in my eye because it is obvious he did not take note. All he said was 'this is free service'. I guess he is referring to OHIP patients are taking up his money making time. The receptionist is equally rude. Look like both of them hate their job. Reviews that say he has excellent bedside manner just blow my mind. May be they are the 'PAID' patient not 'OHIP' patient. I have not had my surgery by him yet . Let's hope his skill doesn't match his poor bedside manner. If I have a choice, I will never go Dr Ing ever again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2848412].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Dr. Ing has the best bed side manner of all, he held my hand as I was being placed to sleep before my operation. He is brilliant at his specialty and is well worth the time waiting to get in to see him. His staff is genuine in trying to assist with any questions you may have. Thank you, Thank you

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2804088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Dr. Ing is direct and knowledgeable. Took his time to explain diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2754670].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

Horrible experience. Incompetent staff. Advice to doctor, replace your young receptionist; her people skills are non existent.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2736692].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

He was a really amazing doctor! He knows what he is talking about and he is a friendly and genuine person!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2720122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

My grandmas appointment was at 0930, it is 1039 and still no pre examination. We're sitting around and getting really impatient. No acknowledgement from any of the staff, the Asian reception has the worst attitude and looks like she hasn't had a shower in days

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2702091].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

Dr Edsel Ing is thorough when explaining the steps and risks associated with every surgical procedure. He's approachable and kind. However, his secretary whose name I'm guessing is Melanie (long light brown hair) is beyond rude. Prepare to be spoken to condescendingly when having your eyes pre-checked for the doctor and curtly answered when asking questions. Not impressed, Dr. Edsel Ing should consider hiring someone more professional towards patients.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2638683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Dr. Ing does not appear to be interested in completing or following up on his work. I had strabismus as well as ptosis and he was not willing to do any follow up after the initial strabismus operation. When I came for my scheduled post-op exam he appeared irritated. He is a good surgeon, but go elsewhere for good care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2623125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Ing for strabismus. Everything went well and beyond expectations. He is an excellent surgeon, would highly recommend Dr. Ing for strabismus based on my wonderful experience with him. Thank you Dr. Ing!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528663].votes_count ]]