Ratings for Dr. Edsel Ing

I had strabismus surgery in 2012 , I had 2 preliminary appointments with Doctor Ing and then the surgery at Toronto east general. My surgery was complicated due to many earlier surgeries when young so I needed to be put under full anesthetic . I went home that night and began the healing process. After several days I noticed unusual bleeding and began to feel very ill, I tried to contact Dr Ing's office several times- I only ever reached the secretary once and she was very very rude. I ended up going to my family doctor and ended up in the hospital for 3 days as I was diagnosed with pneumonia, my family doctor indicated this was a result of the strain circulating in the Toronto East hospital operating rooms. During my post op appointment with Doctor Ing (scheduled before initial surgery) I tried to pass on what had happened and even had some questions from my doctor. I HAVE NEVER BEEN IGNORED AND RUSHED Out of an office that way in my life. He did not look at my eyes!!! Worst doctor experience of my life as the strabismus surgery didn't correct my eyes at all, I would love to have my eyes straightened but I am to scared to try again.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I have been to a few ophthalmologists and Dr Ing is the very best. Polite, kind, gentle, listens and skilled. He is a standout in a demanding field.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

He is the worst ophthalmologist ever. He is very poor in diagnosis. I even hate his name for no reason made a surgery on my eye and one eye is much smaller than the other one. I never forgive Edsel Ing for what he has done.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

He's a soft-spoken, kind man and a skilled surgeon. We went to see him for a biopsy and a follow-up, and on both occasions he was very polite and professional. The office staff were prompt and courteous. I sensed care in everything… in his staff's conscientiousness, in his bedside manner and in his thorough explanation. He even prepared a print out for us to take home. He explains medical conditions in layman's terms very clearly, and this sets him apart from the other eye doctors I've met. On both visits, we met with medical students that he was mentoring. Dr. Ing is the best in his field, and students who learn from him are very lucky. I found him to be a quality person. We felt the sincerity of his care. We were more than satisfied with our appointments. Thank you again.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. ING and his staff aren't very personable, and the administrative staff is unorganized and borderline rude. In saying that, Dr.ING is an expert and I'm pleased with the results of my strabismus surgery.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I really don't know how this doctor receive any star. I have never met any doctor as rude as him. I understand the long wait is normal at any specialist office so I am not complaining about the wait. It's his poor bedside manner. He is impatient to my questions , told me I will be in a lot of pain, I will bleed a lot, my growth will come back in two years after surgery then walked out of the room while I was still talking. I thought he just had a bad day or had more important people to see. Second appointment was 8am. I was the first patient. Nothing changed. He was the same rude person. He did not answer my question and didn't even know where to look in my eye because it is obvious he did not take note. All he said was 'this is free service'. I guess he is referring to OHIP patients are taking up his money making time. The receptionist is equally rude. Look like both of them hate their job. Reviews that say he has excellent bedside manner just blow my mind. May be they are the 'PAID' patient not 'OHIP' patient. I have not had my surgery by him yet . Let's hope his skill doesn't match his poor bedside manner. If I have a choice, I will never go Dr Ing ever again.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Dr. Ing has the best bed side manner of all, he held my hand as I was being placed to sleep before my operation. He is brilliant at his specialty and is well worth the time waiting to get in to see him. His staff is genuine in trying to assist with any questions you may have. Thank you, Thank you

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Dr. Ing is direct and knowledgeable. Took his time to explain diagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

Horrible experience. Incompetent staff. Advice to doctor, replace your young receptionist; her people skills are non existent.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

He was a really amazing doctor! He knows what he is talking about and he is a friendly and genuine person!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015