Ratings for Dr. Edsel Ing

Dr. Ing is the best! He fixed my strabismus beautifully. In addition to his skills as a surgeon, I was really impressed by his kindness and caring attitude. I felt that he saw me as a person, not just as a case. He put me at ease with his sense of humour even in the operating room. Toronto is a three-hour drive from our home, but it was well worth the long drive to all the appointments and surgery, to be looked after by such an outstanding professional.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I arrived, was immediately tested, and Dr. Ing came promptly. Very good rapport, efficient testing, good explanation of condition and options, took time to test a number of lens options. I found him intelligent, organized, articulate, and reasonable in every way. I feel lucky to have been referred to him. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I have been to see several ophthalmologists and left the office feeling very frustrated. I was referred to Dr. Ing and found him to be very knowledgeable, compassionate to my issue and extremely helpful. Dr. Ing explained everything in detail.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr. Ing is one of the best doctor I have ever met, he's so patience to explain everything. I do not expect a busy specialist spent so much time with us. He is so professional and give us all advices to solve our double vision problem and refer as needed. His staffs also nice to us too. I don't understand why there are some people complain his and his staffs attitude. They were so good. I know there's a little bit of wait time, but they just tried to take care of all the patients equally, and some people have more questions than others which is not under control by him. I would recommend him if people need to see a specialist with same problem.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I thought he was a complete jackass. Overconfident, repetitive, and certainly his inability to run an office doesn't give one any confidence in an other abilities he may or may not have.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Staff is extremely unprofessional and rude. They dont follow appointment schedule and instead if its your first time they will tell you that their priority is regular patients. New patients even with apountment have to wait more and see people coming after and going first.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I had strabismus surgery in 2012 , I had 2 preliminary appointments with Doctor Ing and then the surgery at Toronto east general. My surgery was complicated due to many earlier surgeries when young so I needed to be put under full anesthetic . I went home that night and began the healing process. After several days I noticed unusual bleeding and began to feel very ill, I tried to contact Dr Ing's office several times- I only ever reached the secretary once and she was very very rude. I ended up going to my family doctor and ended up in the hospital for 3 days as I was diagnosed with pneumonia, my family doctor indicated this was a result of the strain circulating in the Toronto East hospital operating rooms. During my post op appointment with Doctor Ing (scheduled before initial surgery) I tried to pass on what had happened and even had some questions from my doctor. I HAVE NEVER BEEN IGNORED AND RUSHED Out of an office that way in my life. He did not look at my eyes!!! Worst doctor experience of my life as the strabismus surgery didn't correct my eyes at all, I would love to have my eyes straightened but I am to scared to try again.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I have been to a few ophthalmologists and Dr Ing is the very best. Polite, kind, gentle, listens and skilled. He is a standout in a demanding field.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

He is the worst ophthalmologist ever. He is very poor in diagnosis. I even hate his name for no reason made a surgery on my eye and one eye is much smaller than the other one. I never forgive Edsel Ing for what he has done.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

He's a soft-spoken, kind man and a skilled surgeon. We went to see him for a biopsy and a follow-up, and on both occasions he was very polite and professional. The office staff were prompt and courteous. I sensed care in everything… in his staff's conscientiousness, in his bedside manner and in his thorough explanation. He even prepared a print out for us to take home. He explains medical conditions in layman's terms very clearly, and this sets him apart from the other eye doctors I've met. On both visits, we met with medical students that he was mentoring. Dr. Ing is the best in his field, and students who learn from him are very lucky. I found him to be a quality person. We felt the sincerity of his care. We were more than satisfied with our appointments. Thank you again.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015