You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Edsel Ing

He is the worst ophthalmologist ever. He is very poor in diagnosis. I even hate his name for no reason made a surgery on my eye and one eye is much smaller than the other one. I never forgive Edsel Ing for what he has done.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

He's a soft-spoken, kind man and a skilled surgeon. We went to see him for a biopsy and a follow-up, and on both occasions he was very polite and professional. The office staff were prompt and courteous. I sensed care in everything… in his staff's conscientiousness, in his bedside manner and in his thorough explanation. He even prepared a print out for us to take home. He explains medical conditions in layman's terms very clearly, and this sets him apart from the other eye doctors I've met. On both visits, we met with medical students that he was mentoring. Dr. Ing is the best in his field, and students who learn from him are very lucky. I found him to be a quality person. We felt the sincerity of his care. We were more than satisfied with our appointments. Thank you again.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. ING and his staff aren't very personable, and the administrative staff is unorganized and borderline rude. In saying that, Dr.ING is an expert and I'm pleased with the results of my strabismus surgery.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I really don't know how this doctor receive any star. I have never met any doctor as rude as him. I understand the long wait is normal at any specialist office so I am not complaining about the wait. It's his poor bedside manner. He is impatient to my questions , told me I will be in a lot of pain, I will bleed a lot, my growth will come back in two years after surgery then walked out of the room while I was still talking. I thought he just had a bad day or had more important people to see. Second appointment was 8am. I was the first patient. Nothing changed. He was the same rude person. He did not answer my question and didn't even know where to look in my eye because it is obvious he did not take note. All he said was 'this is free service'. I guess he is referring to OHIP patients are taking up his money making time. The receptionist is equally rude. Look like both of them hate their job. Reviews that say he has excellent bedside manner just blow my mind. May be they are the 'PAID' patient not 'OHIP' patient. I have not had my surgery by him yet . Let's hope his skill doesn't match his poor bedside manner. If I have a choice, I will never go Dr Ing ever again.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Dr. Ing has the best bed side manner of all, he held my hand as I was being placed to sleep before my operation. He is brilliant at his specialty and is well worth the time waiting to get in to see him. His staff is genuine in trying to assist with any questions you may have. Thank you, Thank you

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Dr. Ing is direct and knowledgeable. Took his time to explain diagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

My grandmas appointment was at 0930, it is 1039 and still no pre examination. We're sitting around and getting really impatient. No acknowledgement from any of the staff, the Asian reception has the worst attitude and looks like she hasn't had a shower in days

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

Dr Edsel Ing is thorough when explaining the steps and risks associated with every surgical procedure. He's approachable and kind. However, his secretary whose name I'm guessing is Melanie (long light brown hair) is beyond rude. Prepare to be spoken to condescendingly when having your eyes pre-checked for the doctor and curtly answered when asking questions. Not impressed, Dr. Edsel Ing should consider hiring someone more professional towards patients.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

Dr. Edsel Ing's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "He is the worst ophthalmologist ever. He is very poor in diagnosis. I even hate his name for no reason made a surgery on my eye and one eye is much smaller than..."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "He's a soft-spoken, kind man and a skilled surgeon. We went to see him for a biopsy and a follow-up, and on both occasions he was very polite and professional. ..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. ING and his staff aren't very personable, and the administrative staff is unorganized and borderline rude. In saying that, Dr.ING is an expert and I'm plea..."

July 27, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I really don't know how this doctor receive any star. I have never met any doctor as rude as him. I understand the long wait is normal at any specialist office ..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ing has the best bed side manner of all, he held my hand as I was being placed to sleep before my operation. He is brilliant at his specialty and is wel..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ing is direct and knowledgeable. Took his time to explain diagnosis. "

March 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Horrible experience. Incompetent staff. Advice to doctor, replace your young receptionist; her people skills are non existent."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He was a really amazing doctor! He knows what he is talking about and he is a friendly and genuine person!"

February 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My grandmas appointment was at 0930, it is 1039 and still no pre examination. We're sitting around and getting really impatient. No acknowledgement from any of ..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr Edsel Ing is thorough when explaining the steps and risks associated with every surgical procedure. He's approachable and kind. However, his secretary whose ..."

December 1, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ing does not appear to be interested in completing or following up on his work. I had strabismus as well as ptosis and he was not willing to do any follow u..."

November 17, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Ing for strabismus. Everything went well and beyond expectations. He is an excellent surgeon, would highly recommend Dr. Ing for strabismu..."

September 8, 2014
  • City changed from "Toronto" to "East York"

April 22, 2012