Ratings for Dr. R. Weinstein

I have been going to Dr. Weinstein for about 8 years now and have been very pleased with him so far. He has done some laser on my eyes and checks every 6 months or so due to high blood sugar levels. Yes there has been a time or two that I had to wait an extra 30 minutes but guess what it is a doctor and most do not run on time. I someone needs extra time he gives it to them. I don't see him standing around talking while people are waiting. Staff has been pretty good but I think they give back to you pretty much the way you treat them. I always try to talk nice and mention how busy they are in a fun way and they seem to lighten up when talking to me. As for the phone yes they usually don't answer the phone but there is a voice mail to leave a message and I have yet not had any time that they did not return a call. There are always times where a mistake may be made but I guess I am lucky and it has not happened to me yet with medical issues. He works at a fast pace so once you are in the office with him he does what he was to do and moves on. Give him a chance and if you have issues with him or his staff talk it over with him first to see how he handles it before throwing up on this site. He is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Well, no one sets up for failure. I am sure Dr R. Weinstein did not. He was recomended to me by Dr Peter Spear. Despite Dr P Spear rescent troubles for unethical remarcs to a patient, as a doctor he has kept me with excellent vision for at least 25 years. Therefore, when he recomended Dr Weinstein to me I trusted him. Dr. R. Weinstein caused an immediate reaction from my wife when he inserted one of his hands into his garbage container and then, without cleaning, it proceeded to examining my eyes administering eye drops for further assessment. I did not think of it as a terrible thing. But my wife thought otherwise. I think I should have listened. Since then, Dr. R Weinstein has made a signifincant mistake and has not done anything to repair the damage, other than empty promises. He told me to opt for a high end torric lense implant to correct my cataracts, and assure me I was never going to need glasses again. I was just going for a simpñe cataract surgery. Money was not the issue, correcting my vision was. He implanted the wrong lense in one of my eyes, in the wrong angle and with the wrong potency. He admited to hos error, did a better but not perfect job on my left eye when he realized he should have been more meticulois in his practice with me. The worst is that he has been avoiding me lately. He does not return calls, his staff are not nice making unfortunate comments and behave as if I have done something wrong when I go to their office. Dr. R. Weinstein has so far not honour his promises. I am not even 50 years of age and I see worse today than when I had cataracts. I am a father of a little kid and have a career and I am suffering due to poor vision. Yet Dr. R Weinstein and his staff seem to think I am going to go away apparently. I am so disappointed, I do not want to go the legal way, but when people act like this with you what do you have left? I cannot imagine what could have happened to older patients who are afraid to demand better outcomes to surgeries and have dealt with this Dr. I suggest anyone to re-think getting involved with this practitioner. He operates at St Mary's Hospital in Kitchener, ON. I strongly suggest anyone to choose someone else. This office is bad news.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Excellent and very knowledgeable doctor. It is true that the staff is not the best following up or giving an answer but the doctor's knowledge and expertise is so good that pays off any poorness on the staff side.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Another disrespectful dr's office with multiple patients waiting over an hour from their appointment time. Ridiculous.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Surgery time changed but they verified it was same day. Then hospital calls asking why I am not there. Office did not admit their mistake. Office way too busy, too many people waiting.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

This doctor has no experience with Laser Cataract Surgery and performs only with a knife. Bit barbaric. As others have stated, the staff there are rude, over worked and short with you, often times letting you stand in front of them for 10 min before they'll even look up at you and you're the only one standing there. If you have an appointment for 1pm there's 20 others with the exact same time slot, don't feel special you have an appointment at all. You'll wait 30 minutes minimum. Again getting someone there to answer the phone is like winning the lottery. Because the office handles 10X more patients than it should often each meeting with the doctor is rushed. Aside from that, he's an Ophthalmologist, he knows his stuff and is simple overbooked to the extreme. If you're looking for the best care possible for your Eye's then I recommend top doctor's in the Toronto region.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Brilliant and caring doctor! My mom is a patient. The staff for some reason not as friendly and caring.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Everyone writing good reviews here obviously have never experienced what a good doctor is really like otherwise Dr. Weinstein would have 1 star across the board. When you need him the most he will not be there for you. The office is useless. Don't even try to call them because they never ever answer the phone and they don't have voice mail. Impossible to contact them. What kind of doctor is impossible to contact. Here's a suggestion - pay a couple of dollars per month for voicemail and return your patient's calls. Another one of my doctor's tried to contact him so that they could have a doctor-to-doctor conversation about my condition. They gave up after two times because nobody answers the phone EVER. This other doctor told me personally that they couldn't believe that nobody ever answers the phone. I now have a spectacular ophthalmologist that genuinely cares about their patients and always answers their phone or if you leave a voicemail they promptly call you back. I would like to thank Dr. Weinstein for one thing. If it wasn't for the total lack of ability to contact you I would never have found the spectacular ophthalmologist that I now have.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

My daughter has been seeing him since she was little. She has juvenile arthritis with related uveitis. There was only one other opth. in town that would treat her and he was awful. Not doubting his expertise but he was always late and his bedside manner was terrible, especially when dealing with a young child. Dr. W took her on and he has done nothing but provide excellent care. He never rushes us, asks about life outside of her condition, and we appreciate his compassion. When my daughter had elevated pressures, he had no problem referring her to his mentor at Sick Kids for surgery but he took over her after care which meant we didn't have to stay or travel back and forth to Toronto. He's genuinely a nice guy.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Have been seeing Dr. Weinstein for 2 years he performed 2 cataract operations for me that both went well. 'The right eye became foggy after about 1 year and I went to see him again he looked at it and gave me laser treatment right in his office in the same visit. Walked out with sharp vision again the same day. Thought that was fantastic. He is pleasant and explains things well when asked, like him much better than someone else I was going to before.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015