Ratings for Dr. R. Weinstein

Another disrespectful dr's office with multiple patients waiting over an hour from their appointment time. Ridiculous.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Surgery time changed but they verified it was same day. Then hospital calls asking why I am not there. Office did not admit their mistake. Office way too busy, too many people waiting.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

This doctor has no experience with Laser Cataract Surgery and performs only with a knife. Bit barbaric. As others have stated, the staff there are rude, over worked and short with you, often times letting you stand in front of them for 10 min before they'll even look up at you and you're the only one standing there. If you have an appointment for 1pm there's 20 others with the exact same time slot, don't feel special you have an appointment at all. You'll wait 30 minutes minimum. Again getting someone there to answer the phone is like winning the lottery. Because the office handles 10X more patients than it should often each meeting with the doctor is rushed. Aside from that, he's an Ophthalmologist, he knows his stuff and is simple overbooked to the extreme. If you're looking for the best care possible for your Eye's then I recommend top doctor's in the Toronto region.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Brilliant and caring doctor! My mom is a patient. The staff for some reason not as friendly and caring.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Everyone writing good reviews here obviously have never experienced what a good doctor is really like otherwise Dr. Weinstein would have 1 star across the board. When you need him the most he will not be there for you. The office is useless. Don't even try to call them because they never ever answer the phone and they don't have voice mail. Impossible to contact them. What kind of doctor is impossible to contact. Here's a suggestion - pay a couple of dollars per month for voicemail and return your patient's calls. Another one of my doctor's tried to contact him so that they could have a doctor-to-doctor conversation about my condition. They gave up after two times because nobody answers the phone EVER. This other doctor told me personally that they couldn't believe that nobody ever answers the phone. I now have a spectacular ophthalmologist that genuinely cares about their patients and always answers their phone or if you leave a voicemail they promptly call you back. I would like to thank Dr. Weinstein for one thing. If it wasn't for the total lack of ability to contact you I would never have found the spectacular ophthalmologist that I now have.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

My daughter has been seeing him since she was little. She has juvenile arthritis with related uveitis. There was only one other opth. in town that would treat her and he was awful. Not doubting his expertise but he was always late and his bedside manner was terrible, especially when dealing with a young child. Dr. W took her on and he has done nothing but provide excellent care. He never rushes us, asks about life outside of her condition, and we appreciate his compassion. When my daughter had elevated pressures, he had no problem referring her to his mentor at Sick Kids for surgery but he took over her after care which meant we didn't have to stay or travel back and forth to Toronto. He's genuinely a nice guy.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Have been seeing Dr. Weinstein for 2 years he performed 2 cataract operations for me that both went well. 'The right eye became foggy after about 1 year and I went to see him again he looked at it and gave me laser treatment right in his office in the same visit. Walked out with sharp vision again the same day. Thought that was fantastic. He is pleasant and explains things well when asked, like him much better than someone else I was going to before.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

I saw Dr. Weinstein in an emergency situation, but have seen him for follow ups since, and between the genuine care, and the skill that my eye is a testament too, he is a great doctor. The thing I appreciate the most is that he is not afraid to refer a patient to another doctor if they have more expertise than he does in a particular case, or situation. I'm thankful he was on call when I was hurt, and would happily recommend him and his associate Dr. Yepes to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Showed genuine concern and did an excellent job with the cataract surgery.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

I had a retinal hole lasered by Dr. Weinstein. Nothing but praise for the technical competence and easy-going nature of this extremely busy specialist. He seems to enjoy his work and it shows.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014