Ratings for Dr. Eva Lorber

Dr. Lorber always listened, and was always helpful. She has been a caring , compassionate and skilled family physican. She will be missed.. Susan Ficek

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Dr. Lorber has been my GP for roughly 20 years and treats a number of my family members. I have nothing but positive things to say about her. You never feel rushed with you're with her; she is willing to refer out to specialists. Some have used words like "detached" to describe her. I personally feel that it's simply her way of staying calm which can soothe an anxious patient. Her bedside manner is quite pleasant. I echo another reviewers comments - Dr. Lorber: Please don't retire!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

Firstly, I'd like to say that I've been going to Dr.Lorber for many many years, as have members of my family. While she is a pleasant person; I am so frustrated with her because she unfortunately tends to be very detached and very calous about my health concerns. I've had to drive myself to emergency in order to get things looked at because unless she sees me half dead, she doesn't seem to have the energy to pursue other tests or answers to my conditions. I thought perhaps it was just me but when I speak to my friends/colleagues, they seem to have doctors that 'appear to care' whether by insisting on further testing or offering preventative/non-pharmaceutical remedies. Btw,having her offer preventative remedies is not a make or break for me, it would just be nice if she could listen and help me figure out what is wrong with me without me begging, I end up diagnosing myself and giving her the prognosis from an alternate doctor. Be sure to push for further tests!!!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Dear Dr. Lorber... Please do not retire! Thank you for your kind, sympathetic and knowledgeable care; I looked hard to find you, because they just don't make them like you any more! Perhaps doctors are underpaid and forced to "process" us more quickly, but you have never taken that road. Thank you again...

flag | Submitted July 4, 2011

I'm lucky and grateful to have been able to become Dr. Lorber's patience a few year's back. She's kind and understanding, besides being a knowledgeable physician. For me, it is worth the waiting and has never been excessive.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

I am blessed to have had Dr Lorber as my GP for 30+ yrs. When I lived in the Middle East, N. Africa and Europe for 20 years, always made the trip back for check ups. She must be the most empathetic, caring, genuine MD on the planet. She is gentle, concerned about one's life and so very approachable. I would never consider complaining about having to wait beyond my scheduled time as I know there have been times when others have had to wait while I had my appt. The idea that she may retire one day is my biggest fear! To any negative comment I would suggest the person finds another doctor to leave space for someone who will greatly appreciate Dr Eva Lorber. May she live a long and happy life!!!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

Dr Lorber has been my family physician for most of my adult life. She is competent, knowlegableand patient, as are the physicians she refers her patients to.. I have peace of mind knowing she is my family doctor. Although I lived in Kitchener for 6 years I drove to Toronto in order to keep her as my doctor. I now live in Sudbury and intend to keep her as my doctor. Her staff has always been excellant.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

I've been a pateint of Dr Lorber's for close to 10 years. She always takes time to catch up with you prior to her examination; that adds a personal touch. My only critisism is that sometimes, more often than not, the doctor is running behind. Most liekly because she spends quality time with her patients discussing their needs. So I guess the wait is worth it.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

Wonderful doctor! She has been my doctor for over 30 years! Patient, kind and caring! Thank you Dr. Lorber

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

Dr. Lorber listens to me in a very caring and knowledgeable manner. She has been my GP for over 10 years and I would recommend her. My young adult daughters have started going to Dr. Lorber, and are very pleased with her approachability and thoroughness.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009