Ratings for Dr. Gloria Mok

I have been seeing Dr. Mok and her staff for 20 years, I have referred all my family to her office. She is very friendly and gets to the point. If there is something wrong with anyone she will not stop until she finds what is wrong. Everyone has there own opinion but everyone I know that sees her and her staff are thankful they aren't pill pushers unlike many doctors now a days. I have read other peoples reviews and all I can say is there are good an bad doctors out there. Best of luck and make your own opinion.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

The blonde receptionist has a very demeaning attitude so she is a natural "fit" in this clinic. Dr. Mok was my regular physician for twenty years. It's a circus shoot as to the attitude you are going to encounter and don't expect much if any respect. She didn't diagnose planters warts, but the foot clinic did. Without getting a lab culture she prescribed multiple creams, for many months, for the rash on my face before referring me to a dermatologist who diagnosed discoid lupus. (A rheumatologist would have been the correct referral as the lupus is worsening) . . I was not sent for x-rays when I smashed my finger, yet told I would never regain mobility in the knuckle and it was splinted with a tongue depressor. I wanted the white bulb that is up and under my eye lid looked at and got to endure a lecture on lid care that included washing my eyes with water. Thank-you, the optometrist office sells cleansing wipes, I use them or baby shampoo at least twice daily to control the crusty eyelids. She never did lift the lid and look behind it. She never seems to entertain the idea that some drugs are incompatible or cause side effects worse than the treated condition, never a reasonable solution on that issue. I have had buzzing/zapping in my head for a number of years but this doctor does not easily makes referrals content with just attributing it to small ear canals. I find it quite alarming that a medical clinic does not screen for trauma/stress and they make a mockery out of the screenings that are in place on the internet and within city services. I am in the process of changing clinics and although the medical records are supposed to be my property this clinic does not have to freely supply them to me and since they would only bring into question her level of competence they wouldn't likely to be of much use to another physician.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Rude and judgemental. The last time I went to what was a drop in clinic during work hours only to be told that she was leaving early. She rushed past me on her way out and I asked her to refill a prescription, she told me to make an appointment. I had told her several times that I was working over 100 hours a week. No compassion. Always talked down to me.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Dr. Mok I have found usually helpful and always courteous. She takes a number of long vacations and is unavailable, but the same might be said for many doctors. Not all receptionists have a grasp of manners or that your time is valuable. If you are unfortunate enough to deal with the blonde secretary, be prepared for 30 minutes of rude, glaring wait.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Very bad doctor. Heartless and uncaring. Prescribes meds like they're going out of business. Doesn't give practical advice to a patient when an issues arises - instead, loves to prescribe meds to cover up and mask the symptoms. Generally appears to be really nice, but over 20 years seeing her and I have seen past that fakeness once I got older and more health issues have come up. Do not recommend to ANYONE.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

office staff are quite rude. They seem to want you off the phone as quickly as possible. (I also had an appointment booked after 5:30, when they are closed).Dr. Mok appears quite friendly at first but I've learned to see past the smiles and funny remarks over the years. She doesn't seem to have much real, comprehensive knowledge or good analytical skills (generally speaking). Her personal opinions also seem to readily slip out between the professionalism. With some medical professions one can really feel the reasoning, the experience, the solid professionalism which I just can't see in her. There has to be better quality than this somewhere else.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Mok my entire life. I had no choice in my younger years and can't comment on any of our dealings then, but I can say in the last couple of years I have been extremely disappointed. I've been made to wait in the examination room for 30 – 45 minutes while I hear her chatting in the next room. I've gone years getting the same problem without her trying asses why it's happening so frequently. And recently I have been unable to get an appointment. Her front office staff are rude and abrupt and want to get you off the phone as quickly as possible without offering any help. I will be looking elsewhere for a doctor for me and my growing family!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

I knew that all I needed was a requisition for lab work due to being started on a new medication but was forced to come in, waste time and resources, and waste an appointment slot for someone who may have truly needed it. To me it would make far more sense to have the results ready for the appointment...no? The staff was not helpful either. I felt a cold presence from both Dr. Mok and front desk clerk.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

Absolutely love her as my family physician. Have been going to her for at least 10 years. She isa vvery wise, knowledgable and caring doctor. Her colleagues are all good at the clinic if she is away.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

Dr. Mok used to be my family Dr for 10 years. She has treated me not only with medication, but also with her understanding and loving heart. She has helped me went though so many difficult time in my life. I moved away now, but when I got big health problem I still want to see her. She is the best doctor in Edmonton.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2012