Ratings for Dr. Andrew Whynot

Dr. Whynot was my mother's physician during the last years of her life, as she slipped into dementia. He was unfailingly pleasant and helpful even when I questioned his recommendations. He helped me make care decisions on her behalf and to ensure that she was as comfortable as possible. I had little problem with punctuality, but that may have been that I typically saw him first thing in the morning.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Great pill pusher when you are looking for a quick fix. Otherwise stay away. When I was suffering from a long term health issue (which was since resolved by another doctor) I was told I would never heal without accepting a hire power into my heart. Unacceptable. My brother in law's family was going through a tough time, he made the situation worse by intervening as a mediator and siding with the Christian side of the family against the non-believers, despite the fact that the Christian side had stolen money from their ailing grandmother on multiple occasions. The inappropriateness of getting involved aside, bringing religious bias into the situation was irrationally damaging to the situation.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

Dr. Whynot is an excellent Doctor. He genuinely cared for his patients even those of us who only met him through the emergency department at Strathroy Hospital. He doctored from the heart not just the mind. He literally saved my life the day he saw me at the emergency department several years ago. I was struggling with some really hard issues and he convinced me to keep trying and to not give up. I thank him for that everyday and was very sad to hear that he had to retire due to health issues. There are too few doctors like him out there. I wish him and his family well and hope that he does not give up on life like i almost did. Thank you again for all you have done for all the people you have helped during your time as a doctor. You are greatly missed. Hope Hall, Strathroy, ON

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr. Whynot is the best doctor i have ever meet.. thank you for being my doctor..sonja (Taylor) now Collinet...thanks for everything!!!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

I will wait any amount of time it see Dr. Whynot!!!! What people seem to forget is he's running late because he's truly taking moments for people in crisis. Until your family is in the situation and he spends extra amounts of time to make sure your families physical and emotional needs are met! He is truly a man of compassion and a caring for small community he's in. Remember the doctor shortage? It would be so easy for him to have a small number of patients but he cares for the community and those without any doctor. When your sitting in that waiting room waiting (and I know I've been there hours at times with 3 children)- take a minute and think a crisis is happening to someone in your community. car accidents, a ill baby, teen suicide, or love one dying at home. (Which he'll still come to your home when needed) May your family never be in a crisis situation but if you are you'll finally realize what a genuine caring person he is. This man is not on the golf course! Thank you Dr.W

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

yes , he is overworked and more tired then other docs, but he is a very smart doctor with a lot of ER experience behind him .I found him to be soft spoken,caring and polite and I've seen him go the extra mile for some of his patients.He has been very helpful to me and caring and I really have nothing negative to say, because I think he does a good job.I would gladly recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2009

This doctor spreads himself too thin. He has his hand in all local medical services. His choice. He is often rushing. He fails to act on symptoms with appropriate diagnostics to get to the bottom of peoples problems in certain cases. I know of two situations where he failed to follow up on reported symptoms, resulting in dire results for his patients. Too bad, he is a nice man when he wants to be. I would not use him as my doctor though, no matter how short of Doctors we are in this province.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2008

He is a wonderful Doctor. We were fortunate to be his patients until we moved. He cared for my mother & Aunt with compassion and understanding for their dignity until the inevitable happened. A brother is alive because of this Dr. When he is behind on appointments, someone needs the extra time. And each may enjoy that same attention when the seriousness of their problem warrents it... *s* Sorry for the person that wants him transported to Niaraga, but, we need him farther north.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

Overworked (granted, that may not be his fault, but it still affects his work!). I found that he tried to rush through things, even when you had questions, etc.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

This doctor is a very very kind man, as well as an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2008