Ratings for Dr. James D. Bertus

I was seen because I was told that my MRI showed compression on my spinal cord in my neck as well as nerves being pinched. Dr. Bertus refused to say that there was any signs of this. Actually said my pain could actually not be real. But he still wanted to hook me up to electroids and shock me. I already have shocking and shooting pain. I don't need any more. I will be looking for another Dr who knows more about cervical spine pain and injuries.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

Office staff is incredibly rude and unhelpful. Any questions directed to the staff are ignored. Dr. Bertus was knowledgible and helpful in the office setting, less helpful in the surgical setting. Surgical staff were wonderful, very helpful and responded to all questions/requests promptly. Surgical staff were friendly, professional and did their best to ensure a calm, relaxed setting for patients. I had problems after my last cortizone injection (which was administrated without anesthesia because I was taking a taxi cab home) and approx 45 days after injection, during surgical procedure on my back it was discovered that I was leaking spinal fluid (which the surgeon patched up) as Dr. Bertus had torn my dural sac on both sides. None of the above are illegal, but the results were extremely painful and unprofessional in my opinion.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

Dr. James D. Bertus's Credentials

• University Of South Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Norfolk, NE