Ratings for Dr. JOHN M. Armitage

I was diagnosed with severe blockage in all main heart arteries 2000, with bypass surgery the only option. Dr Armitage seemed extremely competent and performed the 5 bypasses that were required in about 5 hours of surgery. Instead of the usual process of using a vein from my thigh, he replaced the blocked arteries with ones from my arm, and mammary arteries. He explained that arteries would last much longer than veins. The surgery went perfectly, and the recovery went as smooth as can be expected with that type of surgery. The staff at Mary Washington Hospital was first-rate. This surgery was nine years ago, and I am in top-notch condition, with no after-effects or heart problems. I give Dr. Armitage an A+.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

Dr Armitage performed heart surgery on my father. After six hours of surgery, Dr Armitage and his staff successfully replaced my dad's aortic valve with a mechanical one, patched a hole in his mitrol valve, patched a hole in his ventricular septum, cut out the infection in his heart, and sucked out a liter of fluid from around his heart. After the surgery, Dr Armitage saw to my father's recovery personally. He made all decisions for all of my father's failing organs (and they were all failing). The other specialists all said that Dr Armitage was doing exactly what they would have done. I sincerely believe that most surgeons would have killed him on the table, but my dad is at home and on the path to full recovery. Dr Armitage - if you're reading this, thank you for saving my father's life.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

RE; AORTA TEAR AND QUAD BYPASS MANERISMS OFFER COMPLETE CONFIDENCE. HIS TEAM WAS VERY PROFESSINAL,OFFERING CALMNESS AND CONFIDENCE. AFTER 9 PLUS YEARS I WOULD SAY THE SURGERY OFFERED ME THOSE PRECIOUS ADDITIONAL YEARS TO HELP MY DAUGHTER AND MY FIRST GRANDCHILD,AND MY WIFE,WITH THEIR HEALTH ISSUES. DR ARMITAGE'S CONSULTATIONS AND PREVIOUS HISTORY AT THE PITTSBURG MEDICAL CENTER GAVE ME CONFIDENCE AND ASSURANCE, I WAS HAVING ONE OF THE BEST SURGEONS OPERATING ON ME. HE IS A VERY PLEASANT MAN AND HIS FOLLOW-THRU EXCELLANT.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2007

Dr. JOHN M. Armitage's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)