Ratings for Dr. Jane A. McDonald

She is currently taking care of my grandmother in the hospital. She has been rude and heartless towards her patient and our family. Frankly, I fear for my grandmother's life because of her incompetence with work up, inaccurate understanding the medical history and unwillingness to listen! I pray that we're able to get my grandmother transferred today!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

I am switching doctors because of Dr. McDonald's lack of knowledge. She doesn't take care of my real needs and when I wanted to discuss other issues I'd been having she wanted to shimmy off to lunch and didn't listen. I ended up having to get the prescription from my gyno, who I LOVE. The prescription was something I didn't think the gyno could even prescribe but she took the time to listen when dr. McDonald wouldn't!!!!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2008

Dr.McDonald was my father's dr. when he began having breathing problems last year.The care she provided him was less than poor.She ran some inital tests,did not explain them or the results,and was rude to my father and the family. When her initial tests came back negative,she told him that he was simply "old"(at 68),and that he would just have to live this way(he couldn't bend down to tie his shoes or take a few steps without running out of air)-but "maybe they could check for sleep apnea". She did not have him see a pulmonologist until my brother and I suggested it. When he mentioned seeing a cardiologist,she told him that cardiologists would kill him. She attempted to withhold medical records from my parents and refused to check his protine levels on a weekly basis as ordered by the cardiologist-once we got him under the care of the NE Heart Inst. After receiving a bi-ventriuclar pacemaker, my father was as healthy as ever. Had he been left under her care,he would not be here today.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2008

Dr. McDonald was my parents' doctor, and they really trusted her. However, when my dad started to not be able to walk hardly any distance without completely running out of breath, Dr. McDonald did not take the time to find out to correctly diagnose the problem, and was unwilling to refer him to anyone else. She diagnosed it as old age, and told him he would just have to give up his farming operation. Because of my parents trust in her, my dad truly believed her. Thankfully, we had a relative who could get us to a cardiologist in Lincoln, as Dr McDonald would not refer him. And, it was he who finally determined one of the switches in his heart was not working, and that he needed a bi-venticular pacemaker. The day before the surgery, my father was ashen gray, and had the look of death. Within an hour of the surgery, my father was able to walk and talk at the same time. Dr. McDonald's lack of care and unwillingness to send my dad to a specialist would have cost my father's life.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2008

Dr.McDonald was my father's dr.when he began having breathing problems last year.The care she provided him was less than poor.She ran some inital tests,did not explain them or the resuls in any understandable manner,and was rude to my fater and the family. When her initial tests came back negative,she told him that he was simply "old"(at 68),and that he would just have to live this way(not being able to even bend down and ties his shoes)-but "maybe they could check for sleep apnea". She did not have him see a pulmonologist until my brother and I suggested it. When he mentioned seeing a cardiologist,she told him that cardiologists would kill him.She tried to withhold medical records from my paretns and refused to check his protine levels on a weekly basis as ordered by the cardiologist (once we got him under the care of the NE Heart Inst). After surgery to insert a bi-ventriuclar pacemaker, my father was as healthy as ever. Had he been left under her care,he would not be here today.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. McDonalds for 8+ years and I can say that she is a wonderful doctor. Listens and remembers all the important things about you physically and personally. I feel very comfortable telling her how and what I feel.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2008

I saw Dr. McDonald once with high reference from a coworker. After briefly getting my medical history, she offered me antidepressants before scooting me out the door with no proper diagnosis or testing done. She's good with my coworker but I found her to be mediocre.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2007

Dr. Jane took my parents as patients when they were in their late '80s. She diagnosed my mother immediately with advanced heart failure allowing us to spend more quality last days. She is very attentive to my father who is experiencing advance diabetes. She explains everything to me in a very understandable way. She does not rush to get out of the room. I am very comfortable with her and very pleased with her knowledge.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2007

Dr. McDonald is extremely knowledgeable and always quick to come in when faced with a very sick or challenging patient.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2007

Dr. Jane A. McDonald's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Top Hospitals in Grand Island, NE