Ratings for Dr. R. Steinberg

I've seen this doctor several times throughout my life and he has never actually helped. If you visibly show erratic/crazy symptoms he will not help you, to him it probably seems like we have "control" over our emotions but we really and honestly don't and he looks down upon the mentally ill, especially the ones who cannot take care of themselves because he thinks it's a "choice" and not just that our brains are messing with us. He doesn't seem to have an actual grip on mental illness and what it's like to have one. He only respects you if you respect him like an authority/superiority, but like I said, if you show visible craziness/unstable emotions he won't help at all.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Very unhelpful. Told me it was just a phase then proceeded to tell me I would be fine because I had a good family. Worst doctor EVER.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Completely blew me off, saying it was all just a phase and I had to get over it all, when earlier that month i had attempted to kill myself multiple times. Made me very uncomfortable and would not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

He is an amazing doctor he addresses the problem and makes you feel welcome and genuienley concerned about I could have asked for a better person to help.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/01/12/killer-teen-sues-doctors-over-procac. This is the link to an article about this psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

He did not help my son at all. He is an adult now and his advise left him thinking no one cared. He told my husband and I infront of my son and a room full of social workers, cfs, etc. That at 15 he could quit school if he wanted and there was no way to stop him if he wanted to kill himself. He did not refer us to anyone for further help and as a result he quit school and overdosed on the ritalin prescribed, damaging his liver and causing him to have extensive surgery. He is still messed up

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

DR.Steinberg is not a doctor i would advise anyone to send a patient to.Doesnt care about the patients well being,rude,considers himself better than anyone else in the room.Doesnt ask if you will let other people hear your reason for seeing him.brings in other staff members into the room .i find him to be one of the worst doctors my child has ever gone to see.He should consider going back to med school to learn on how to have respect for patients,learn how to be a real doctor.I would strongly recommend people to seek help some where other than this sham who calls himself a doctor.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

Did not take me seriously, even though I had attempted suicide prior to being referred to him. Had a trainee taking notes in a "confidential" appointment, and said I "clearly hated myself" and yet his only advice was to "take up karate or something" absolutely unprofessional

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

PILL PUSHER IN CHILDREN.DOES NOT TELL YOU ABOUT SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS TO WATCH FOR EVEN WHEN HE IS ASKED DIRECTLY ABOUT THEM.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

I am completely disappointed in Dr. Steinberg. My son has seen him going on 4 separate occasions and each time blows us off like there is nothing wrong when clearly there is. He keeps recommending a program that doesn't work for my son without viewing, discussing or giving any other options. My son has been in his "care" for several years now with the situation getting worse with Steinberg's utter disregard to my son's condition. I would NOT recommend seeing him.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010