Ratings for Dr. E. Vickar

Great doctor. Generally cares about his patients. Makes time for me when I need it.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

Never ever on time and yeah he can sometimes get distracted or whatever BUT he always goes the extra mile to help his patients I've been working with him for a long time and he's been a great mental health support in my life. He is compassionate and cares about his patients and won't hesitate to call you out on your s**t when it's necessary. I probably wouldn't be here if he didn't treat me the way he does. There's a lot of terrible psychiatrists out there and he's absolutely not one of them.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr. Vickar saves lives. Period. He can be unconventional in certain aspects, though I think this is a strategy to help bring issues and reactions out in his patients. His care and concern is genuine, and he will go above and beyond to help in a crisis and has total commitment. This is what stood out for me in my treatment. I read a few other reviews and chuckled about him falling asleep. I thought this too for a while, though I realized he is listening carefully when he appears like this. I think he may enter into some sort of therapist trance and is doing a kind of abstract mental computing. Anyway, he saved my life multiple times and for this I am eternally grateful. Thanks Dr. V!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Very direct, knowledgeable open and honest. Caring. Spends more time than allotted so can get behind schedule.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Ironic to find another reviewer said that he was successful with his patient but treated the family awful. In my experience, he is very much responsible for the destruction of mine. He claims to not believe in forgiveness and has blamed everyone in the family for his patient's illness/problems.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr. Vickar is one of the most intelligent and compassionate human beings I have ever met. Definitely in the right field. Genuinely cares about his patients/ clients. Very respectful and empathetic. Great sense of humour when appropriate. Never feel rushed during an appointments. Has had an extremely positive impact on my life.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

flag | Submitted August 25, 2013

Dr Vickar is one of the strangest people I've ever met in my life. He couldn't care less about his patients, and he eats infront of us all the time. Dr vickar is never ever ever on time, and his prioritys are ****ed. He falls asleep all the time! He says crazy things like he's stuck to us forever.. And he always says bacause and greetings... He always screws people over and never believes his patients. This man does not have a heart. He always overreacts and says your dying when ur not and tends to remind us that this illness is deadly. Like we didn't know that before? Thanks captin obivious.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

He is never on time EVER. And does tend to nod off fall asleep during meetings. As a patient for almost 3 years the two of us engaged in many arguments where he did force me to cry. I would not reccomend him as a psychiatrist if you want any help

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012