Ratings for Dr. E. Vickar

Brilliant man, amazing doctor. Continued to take me on in his private practice when I turned 18 and I couldn't be more thankful. We've definitely had our ups and downs but as an adolescent psychiatrist, especially in eating disorders that is to be expected. He's always late, yes, but that is because of how much he cares about the mental health of his clients and WANTS to keep talking to you, causing him to run behind. I agree with a previous post that he will appear to be falling asleep and then wake up with the most brilliant answer or thought. I hated him as a teenager but love him now.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

He will ruin your family. While very intelligent, he will poison your child into believing their disorder is the fault of someone else. this happened with our daughter and have met a parent with a similar experience. I'm glad in the help she received from him and his team but unfortunately he also created a monster who thinks everyone is wrong and she is entitled to everything. He would invite or family to group and then let our daughter scream for two hours about how awful we are. He is toxic and delusional and full of himself. I would not wish him on anyone

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

Great doctor. Generally cares about his patients. Makes time for me when I need it.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

Never ever on time and yeah he can sometimes get distracted or whatever BUT he always goes the extra mile to help his patients I've been working with him for a long time and he's been a great mental health support in my life. He is compassionate and cares about his patients and won't hesitate to call you out on your s**t when it's necessary. I probably wouldn't be here if he didn't treat me the way he does. There's a lot of terrible psychiatrists out there and he's absolutely not one of them.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr. Vickar saves lives. Period. He can be unconventional in certain aspects, though I think this is a strategy to help bring issues and reactions out in his patients. His care and concern is genuine, and he will go above and beyond to help in a crisis and has total commitment. This is what stood out for me in my treatment. I read a few other reviews and chuckled about him falling asleep. I thought this too for a while, though I realized he is listening carefully when he appears like this. I think he may enter into some sort of therapist trance and is doing a kind of abstract mental computing. Anyway, he saved my life multiple times and for this I am eternally grateful. Thanks Dr. V!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Very direct, knowledgeable open and honest. Caring. Spends more time than allotted so can get behind schedule.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Ironic to find another reviewer said that he was successful with his patient but treated the family awful. In my experience, he is very much responsible for the destruction of mine. He claims to not believe in forgiveness and has blamed everyone in the family for his patient's illness/problems.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr. Vickar is one of the most intelligent and compassionate human beings I have ever met. Definitely in the right field. Genuinely cares about his patients/ clients. Very respectful and empathetic. Great sense of humour when appropriate. Never feel rushed during an appointments. Has had an extremely positive impact on my life.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014