Ratings for Dr. E. Vickar

Great psychiatrist. Very easy to talk to. Knowledgable and kind. Thanks for everything Dr Vickar. :)

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Dr. Vickar helped to save our daughter's life. He was committed to her and developed a treatment plan with his team that addressed some very complicated and heartbreaking issues within our family. Our daughter hated him at times, but that was because he pushed her to challenge her way of thinking and encouraged her to face the truth of what was going on with her perception of her body and her mind. We are grateful for Dr. Vickar and wish him all the best in his retirement.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

If it wasn't for Dr. Vickar taking me on as a teenager and fixing all the mistakes of the doctors who loaded me up on unnecessary medications, a wrong diagnosis and referred me to the correct programs I wouldn't be here. Did I hate him and fire him at times? Absolutely I was a teenager/young adult with a whole whack of baggage from an awful childhood. I had to go through a few different programs throughout the years and no matter what amount of support I have needed I've been able to get. I have a chronic mood disorder and I have had an eating disorder along side of it and I have survived it all. If it wasn't for him calling me out on my s**t I wouldn't have gotten anywhere. I've had incredible success now and I still have the support to make sure it stays that way. AND he has been way better with the whole punctuality lately so that's been nice.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Dr. VicMar is an amazing doc who helped me so much in treatment. Punctual, helpful, understanding, patient, everything a doc should be!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Brilliant man, amazing doctor. Continued to take me on in his private practice when I turned 18 and I couldn't be more thankful. We've definitely had our ups and downs but as an adolescent psychiatrist, especially in eating disorders that is to be expected. He's always late, yes, but that is because of how much he cares about the mental health of his clients and WANTS to keep talking to you, causing him to run behind. I agree with a previous post that he will appear to be falling asleep and then wake up with the most brilliant answer or thought. I hated him as a teenager but love him now.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

He will ruin your family. While very intelligent, he will poison your child into believing their disorder is the fault of someone else. this happened with our daughter and have met a parent with a similar experience. I'm glad in the help she received from him and his team but unfortunately he also created a monster who thinks everyone is wrong and she is entitled to everything. He would invite or family to group and then let our daughter scream for two hours about how awful we are. He is toxic and delusional and full of himself. I would not wish him on anyone

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

Great doctor. Generally cares about his patients. Makes time for me when I need it.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

Never ever on time and yeah he can sometimes get distracted or whatever BUT he always goes the extra mile to help his patients I've been working with him for a long time and he's been a great mental health support in my life. He is compassionate and cares about his patients and won't hesitate to call you out on your s**t when it's necessary. I probably wouldn't be here if he didn't treat me the way he does. There's a lot of terrible psychiatrists out there and he's absolutely not one of them.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr. Vickar saves lives. Period. He can be unconventional in certain aspects, though I think this is a strategy to help bring issues and reactions out in his patients. His care and concern is genuine, and he will go above and beyond to help in a crisis and has total commitment. This is what stood out for me in my treatment. I read a few other reviews and chuckled about him falling asleep. I thought this too for a while, though I realized he is listening carefully when he appears like this. I think he may enter into some sort of therapist trance and is doing a kind of abstract mental computing. Anyway, he saved my life multiple times and for this I am eternally grateful. Thanks Dr. V!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015