Ratings for Dr. Nader Amir Khalidi

He’s a nice guy if you catch him on a good day (which is very rare). He was helpful with my joint issues. But when he took over my care for scleroderma, I had it very rough! A hit or miss treatment doesn’t even begin to describe his treatment rationale. Even though I know he’s trying, I don’t believe he knows what he’s doing. This isn’t about ego, doctors like him should get out of the way and let real experts treat us. I should have switched doctors when I had the chance. Now my scleroderma has spread to my heart and lungs and thanks to him I’m too weak to be accepted for stem cell transplant. For proper treatment for scleroderma, cross the border if you want a chance to survive this.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

My father has been seeing Dr Khalidi for 3 yrs now. He is a very caring, intelligent man. He takes time to find out everything that is going on and arranges appts/tests for ailments outside his realm of expertise. We are blessed to be seeing Dr. Khalidi.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

A humble and very caring man. Treats the patient as an individual; does more than just prescribe medication but is empathetic aboutat how one's life is affected by the disease. He is a godsend!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Dr. Khalidi is exceptionally compassionate, approachable, caring, and knowledgeable. He will go out of his way to ensure that you receive the best treatment. He always asks for your view on the situation and involves you in the conversation. On countless occasions he has called to check up on me and see how treatment is going. I simply do not have enough compliments to give Dr. Khalidi! As a very young patient of his, his sense of humour is greatly appreciated.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr. Khalidi is exceptionally knowledgeable and generous with his time. He takes time to consider how best to treat patients, and also took into account my own opinions about which medication to use to treat my vasculitis, which allowed me to feel more empowered and involved as a patient. He is very conscientious and even telephoned me at home when I had a bad reaction to one of my medications. It's a pleasure to have such a knowledgeable and humane doctor.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

He's the best, ever !.. He's intelligent, very welcoming and hilarious.. for a trip to the doctor, he makes it very comfortable!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

I met with Dr. Khalidi today for the first time as part of the team treating me for pulmonary sarcoidosis at the Firestone Institute. He immediately made me feel comfortable and he explained the treatment that he wanted to administer and consulted with Dr Martin Kolb during the same appointment. I have to say that I feel like I am in very good hands and felt like all he wanted to do was help me and relieve and manage joint pain issues. Our health care system receives a lot of bashing, especially front eh US but I have to say that I am very impressed with the treatment that I have received thus far, the communication from both physicians and their staff, and I am genuinely impressed with Firestone. Thank you for your care and your caring.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Khalidi for years & I am very thankful! I see him for Vasculitis. Without his caring & taking time to listen I would still be walking on broken bones in my foot! He took it upon himself to send me to another amazing doctor for my issues. She ordered an MRI & yes my foot is now in a cast. Thanks to Dr. Khalidi. #1 in my books.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

As my wife has now been a patient of Dr Khalidi for almost a year for a very rare disease called Wagners or GPA, we have nothing but praise and thanks for this man's wisdom and treating of this disease. Thankyou. God Bless. Ed

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

Waited 2 hours before seeing one of Khalidi's "Interns-in-training." His receptionist left a voice mail message a few days before the appointment to say I needed bloodwork but since their office is closed until the day of my appointment she wasn't sure where I should pick-up the requisition and/or which lab she should fax it to. She then left a message to say I should reduce the medication he prescribed, slowly, but not exactly how slowly. Again, their office was closed so I couldn't ask them. If he wants to make people wait 2 hours so he can train students, he shouldn't be billing OHIP. He missed the class in Ethics when they were teaching him that the patient's time is just as important as the doctor's. 6 patients had an appointment for the same time. OHIP is going to hear about this, as well as the Academy of Medicine.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016