Ratings for Dr. Nader Amir Khalidi

I met with Dr. Khalidi today for the first time as part of the team treating me for pulmonary sarcoidosis at the Firestone Institute. He immediately made me feel comfortable and he explained the treatment that he wanted to administer and consulted with Dr Martin Kolb during the same appointment. I have to say that I feel like I am in very good hands and felt like all he wanted to do was help me and relieve and manage joint pain issues. Our health care system receives a lot of bashing, especially front eh US but I have to say that I am very impressed with the treatment that I have received thus far, the communication from both physicians and their staff, and I am genuinely impressed with Firestone. Thank you for your care and your caring.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Khalidi for years & I am very thankful! I see him for Vasculitis. Without his caring & taking time to listen I would still be walking on broken bones in my foot! He took it upon himself to send me to another amazing doctor for my issues. She ordered an MRI & yes my foot is now in a cast. Thanks to Dr. Khalidi. #1 in my books.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

As my wife has now been a patient of Dr Khalidi for almost a year for a very rare disease called Wagners or GPA, we have nothing but praise and thanks for this man's wisdom and treating of this disease. Thankyou. God Bless. Ed

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

Waited 2 hours before seeing one of Khalidi's "Interns-in-training." His receptionist left a voice mail message a few days before the appointment to say I needed bloodwork but since their office is closed until the day of my appointment she wasn't sure where I should pick-up the requisition and/or which lab she should fax it to. She then left a message to say I should reduce the medication he prescribed, slowly, but not exactly how slowly. Again, their office was closed so I couldn't ask them. If he wants to make people wait 2 hours so he can train students, he shouldn't be billing OHIP. He missed the class in Ethics when they were teaching him that the patient's time is just as important as the doctor's. 6 patients had an appointment for the same time. OHIP is going to hear about this, as well as the Academy of Medicine.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I was a patient of his when I was in St Joseph's. I had problems walking and had not undergone any tests. One of the other doctors had mentioned to me that I should have an MRI done because the pneumonia I was admitted with didn't explain why I couldn't walk. When my mother approached him about it (I was only 25 at the time), he said no because MRIs cost $2000 and it costs too much. He was unhelpful and put little effort into finding out what was causing me not to be able to walk. I do not know about his skills as a rheumatologist, but I do know that he was not helpful in helping in my recovery.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

The best rheuuumatologist l trust him fully have been seeing for last 3 years ,always has time never rushs you out door .

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

The best rheumatologist I have seen. I have seen several in the 40 years since I was diagnosed.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Dr Khalidi is by far the best specialist/doctor I have been too. He is extremely patient and takes the time to really get to know his patient and what is going on. I had seen about 10 different doctors that could not figure it out. Dr.Khalidi is extremely knowledgeable, and he continues to follow up on you, and answer any of your concerns if needed.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Dr. Khalidi is by far the BEST specialist I have ever dealt with. He is very knowledgeable, caring and personable. Even though he may be a little late for appointments (what specialist isn't?!) he is very apologetic which is unheard of in my experience. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a good rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Khalidi for years. He has been treating my lupus. I can honestly say that he is one of the best doctor's I have ever had. He listens to you and follows up on everything you tell him. His staff is great too.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012