Ratings for Dr. Charles Messer

Went to him for help with an unwanted pregnancy; I was very distraught at the time. His comment to me was "Well you should have kept your pants up". Nice comment - no compassion whatsoever - real jerk!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

All I can say is he is lucky my mom is still alive!. Pill pusher forsure!!! Giving some pretty rank meds! If you could hear the horror stories I have seen from them pills. Both him and them drug companies should be charged!! He is more concerned about the new young doctors making more money than him and about talking about his hunting trips then his patients!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Best psychiatrist out there. It's too bad he is going to retire but I never met such a genuine person who takes his time with you.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Best psychiatrist I've been lucky enough to ever see (and I've seen a few over the last 30 years). I can't say enough good things about him and his staff, top notch.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

could not ask for a better then Doctor Charles Messer is a very caring considerate ,tells it like it is , Thanks r

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

He is probably the most well-respected psychiatrist by other psychologists and psychiatrists that I know. He is smart as a whip, and still keeps up to date on the latest research instead of going with his own beliefs. He is still working because he is worried that no one will be around to take care of his patients if he leaves. He received a provincial physician's award several years ago based on community and peers' nomination -- Can't remember the award. It is sad to see that the only reason he is ranked lower than others on here is because he is not as punctual -- I completely understand but will give him a 5 because he takes the time that is actually needed to see patients in need of Mental Health Care instead of what is allotted. A first class mentor. I want to be like Dr. Messer when I am his age: Valuing social justice and health care before money and other less important priorities in life.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Very nice doctor.really knows his stuff..really cares for his patients..only complaint I have with him is it seems he doesn't value doctor/patience privilege very highly and his stance on opiate painkillers is a little anal

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

I truly respect and admire Dr. Messer. He is extremely kind and exhibits genuine concern for his patients. He's still working at age 76. When asked why he responded that he was worried about what would happen to his patients if he weren't there. Who would look after them ? Would they get the same level of care ? He is a bit "odd" and tends to ramble on though. Takes him 30 minutes to say what could be said in 5. But his stories are very interesting at least. Very respectful. Very smart man. Would hate to have him retire. Where would I go ?

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

My mother had a very severe case of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia throughout my life so I grew up with Charlie in my life. He not only helped my mom, but when she had to be sent away for more invasive and intensive treatment while I was in my teens and I was left on my own he would check up on me. He was always caring about not only what was going on with mon but also how it was affecting myself and my brother. When I became an adult and was diagnosed with another doctor with the same thing and he saw me on the ward passing by, he gav me a hug and told me that I will be stronger and be able to get through easier because of the things I saw with mom. I never understood then what he meant but I do now. Mom died only 8 years after becoming stable, but only two hours after she passed he called personally and was at the funeral. He is a wonderful doctor and person and I wish I could see him as I always feel like a number with my own psychiatrist. I never get more then ten minutes

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

Although late and at times very long winded with stories about his personal problems he truly cares about his patients and will do anything to help.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011