Ratings for Dr. Simon Cheung

I have been with Dr Cheung for many many years. A couple of years ago I told him I just didn't feel right and had several disturbing symptoms - pain, hair loss, lack of energy, foggy thinking. He did nothing but comment on my weight and recommend various types of weight loss strategies. Finally I insisted on bloodwork and found low thyroid function and low b12. Even then he insisted that this was due to my weight. I insisted on thyroid meds and after 3 months I feel like a new person. When I went back for a monitoring visit and told him that, he said it must be because I had lost some weight (which I haven't). He used to listen, but now he doesn't anymore. Very dismissive of my concerns, which he didn't use to be. Sad, because I used to really respect him as a doctor. Now I feel like I am treating myself.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Dr. Cheung has been my doc since I was a child and unfortunately I'm seriously considering getting a new doctor. He brushes off things as nothing most times so I usually have to Google symptoms and bring them to him to have a suggestion of what my symptoms MIGHTC be before he can just say it's nothing. Recently he told me I have herpes which at first glance he thought could be from shaving. He did not swab test nor blood test but prescribed me valtrex!! Herpes is not something you can get rid of some you better be sure before you just tell someone they have herpes. Very upset.. waiting for my results from another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

He is an awful Doctor. Every time I go to him he dismisses my issues without even considering further testing. Says "it's stress" and won't listen to me any further. Not everything is stress related. Won't even acknowledge that it could be something further. He doesn't care about his patients.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Cheung for 30 years. He has a great sense of humour, he makes me feel very comfortable. Dr. Cheung is the best... l'll be very upset when he retires!!! <3

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I have known Dr Cheung for over 30 years. He was our family dr for many years before we moved far way. He is currently my elderly brother's Dr. We are in the middle of a family crisis and Dr Cheung couldn't be more helpful or compassionate. When he (always ) returns my calls about him he is kind and thorough. I only wish I still lived close by for him to still be my doctor.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Dr. Cheung is a great doctor however he must have his scheduling fixed because the wait time is hours after appointment. He is actually funny and listens well. His methods may not always be the best but he is extremely helpful and will not give up on you. Thanks for being an amazing doctor!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

Very disappointed Cheung, The moment u r honest of your history, surely stigmatized. This is true from a friend of mine as well as me I have brought several family in to prove what my symptoms are very severe, pain is ridiculous, He wouldn't do anything, even after trying every drug. including what is now taken off the market!Vioxx, soon to be Lyrica for sure, as i lost two weeks of my memory, almost burned down house, high as a kite, yet i cant get a minor pain reliever, not even a referral,I did(without him)and mentioned the place to my friend who is equally in pain, in bed or lying down most of day, "GREAT LIFE"? So when asked to go to pain clinic, she had my paper in pocket saying what they would accept, xray..HE had and stated that he will "only send it again to same place denied previously!" I thought the oath was, do no harm? My family perspective incl. us is that was he is arrogant, ignorant, hateful rude! God forbid it was his family or himself, Karma! if there was 0 star opt.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

Doctor Cheung has been my Doctor all my life and I am 28 now. As with most doctors offices you may have to wait a little longer to see him however he is always on point. He is accurate, thorough and extremely knoweledgeable which I have not found the odd time I have to go somewhere else. He is always professional and I dread the day he retires and I have to find someone else.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

i love dr. cheung he has been my doctor since i was born and he helped me through multiple problems and there is nothing wrong with him he is very intelligent.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

Dr. Cheung is an awful doctor. He laughed when I went to him about something embarrassing. Really unprofessional. Can be very rude at times as well.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011