Ratings for Dr. Richard Levy

Has been my doctor my entire life (37 years) and, much like someone else has mentioned, I dread the day he retires. He's fun and down to earth. A lot of people think he's not taking things seriously or joking around too much but don't be fooled. He knows exactly what he's doing and hears everything you're saying. I'm blessed to have this man looking after 4 generations of my family.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I had Dr Irving Levy for my first Dr he was amazing man. I am very grateful to have Dr Richard Levy as my primary physician. He has been there anytime I have needed him, his staff is excellent. I have been a patient for over 30+ years along with my whole family.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Where do I start, 1 hour wait times for the dr to rush you out after 5 minutes, not getting test results or any medication. Been my only doctor since birth and kinda fed up with not receiving any help. To get charge for going to a different walk in clinic is just wrong. I have recently seen him and asked to be on a different pain killer he had prescribed because I been on the same one for years and has no effect anymore, I was told to make appointment with another doctor and get the prescription from them. Like many other posts you need to call all day to get threw. If your the type of person that see's the doctor once a year then he will do, but if you need more often find yourself someone that will have time for you.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

I have been with Dr. Levy since I was born. My brother was in the same boat, but when he needed to get an appointment and called 83 times in 1 day only to get a busy signal or the automated message, my brother left. Last week, after trying to get through since the 24th of April and it was now May 5th, as I have been unable to walk without shooting pains through my leg, I searched google for their fax number and sent a message through. I was promptly contacted, to be told under no circumstances am I to fax them. The only method in which I can get through to my doctor's office, results in me getting scolded for them not taking phone calls. I was then told, the earliest appointment was June 2nd, which is only a little better than my standing appointment of June 14th, yet I still have to limp and hobble, possibly be off work (already had to take 4 days) until a month later. This isn't the first time I have not been able to get ahold of my family doctor when there has been a problem, but it is going to be the last. Dr. Levy is great! He might not have an immediate answer for you but will get an appointment for you with whatever specialist is needed to get you the best information possible, but the rest of his staff have absolutely no concern for dealing with patients that ultimately pay for their wages. A detailed complaint is being sent to the Ministry of Health for their information as well.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

I'm 45 years old in April. Richard's father, Dr Irving Levy, delivered me and Richard himself delivered my brother on the night of his graduation as a doctor. Some may not care for his joking ways but, its in his nature, harmless, and intended to break tension. The man came up in the ranks of some very well known funny people and its not hard to figure out who if you can apply a little thought to it. The fact is that he is good at what he does or he would not have been my family doctor for my entire life. I'm not one to suffer stupidity well and there is none with Richard, so I can certainly say with confidence that the few naysayers I've read on this list should have lightened up a little and taken the humour for what it is. They missed out on a great Family Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

in 2004 Dr.Levy. stared at me for 3 minutes. I said " what?" he then says " blonde hair blue eyes eh?" I said "ya" then he proceeds to say " It's about time you have a pap smear." Not bloody likely! Now I refuse to have male doctors!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Dr. Richard Levy has been my Doctor for 30 plus years. I am grateful to have him and his staff care for me. The staff over the years have been caring, kind, and always willing to help whatever my needs are. Thank You for all of your care for all these years for myself and my family........:)

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Richard is an awesome doctor. He is NOT a pill doctor at all. A prescription is written only after all other avenues have been considered. His receptionist unfortunatley is VERY rude and unprofessional. Richard spends time with his patients to get to the bottom of a problem. That does sometimes cause appointments to run late but I have been in there without an appointment and he has seen me right away in emergency situations. Even if I have to be there for an extended period of time while he sees other patients in between. I couldn't ask for a more personal and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

Try calling the office.Staff think they are doctors and can diagnose your problem.Dr.Levy dose not take job serious,always joking.Willing to solve problems with drugs instead of alternative methods.He is a nice guy ,friendly,but I should have listened to my husband and found a new doctor long time ago.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2013

I love Dr. Levy he is an amazing doctor. Great personnality however the phone system kind of sucks. I called today because i found i was pregnant over the long weekend, the lady that answers the phones told me she will write it down and see if an appointments required. I believe one is when you are pregnant.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2012