Ratings for Dr. John Hou

My family and myself have have been patients for 30+ years. We all think he and his staff are "Superb"

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Horrible greedy dentist. Recommends the most expensive treatments just to line his own pocket with money. If you don't go with his recommendation, becomes dismissive and irritated. Disgusted by his practice.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

receptionists are friendly at first, they become very quickly dismissive. i had ortho treatment from dr. hou and he would not communicate to my mother (who speaks exclusively her native language). he withheld a lot of information from me, surprised me with the billing, did not take my concerns seriously regarding sensitivity (i know what fluoridation is... i know it's not a replacement for enamel), and chipped my front tooth while filing down my teeth. wish i spent my hard-earned thousands on sound ortho treatment elsewhere after getting a second look from another ortho.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

You don't go there unless you have a good insurance plan. He will try everything possible to consume every coverage under your insurance plan. He could ask you to clean your teeth every 3 months if your plan allows and will take x-ray on your every visit. He never admits his mistake even if he makes one. He is so monetary motivated that I even think of filing an ethical complaint with his association.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

The staff at Dr. How's office are great, the hygienists are great and friendly; the problem is Dr. Hou himself. He always conveniently "finds" problems with your teeth to suck up your insurance money so when you actually have a problem with your teeth, you have to pay the full amount. Furthermore, he is very haughty and proud of himself. I politely expressed concern about the quality of my service regarding cosmetic dentistry and instead of apologizing for the mishap and trying to fix the problem, he blamed what had happened on me. Thinks too highly of himself instead of working to see how a solution can be executed. He is disrespectful and, as mentioned in prior reviews, monetarily motivated. The worst dentist I've ever had. Will never go back.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

Dr Hou has been my dentist since I was 3 years old. He is the most gentle dentist and take his time to do my dental work. My whole family and relatives goes to him too. His staffs are very friendly and knows us well. I would recommend to my friends.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I have been seeing Dr John Hou for over 25 yrs. On a Sunday afternoon a few months ago, I went for walk, slipped and fell with my face hitting the ground. My lower lip was cut but my two upper front teeth were in a bad shape, one tooth half way down the socket and one half way tucked into the gum. I called Dr Hou on the emergency # and explained the situation to him, he agreed immediately to meet me at his office. He was so experienced and explained to me that he was going to try to save the teeth by putting them back into position and splinting the front teeth together to stable them for a few weeks and assess the situation again later. The treatment was done right away and at the end he even stitched up my lip and cleaned up the cut on my palm. I was very grateful for the help and treatment given to me that afternoon. After a while, the splint was removed, the teeth were saved and the situation will be monitored regularly when I go back for my cleaning/check up.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

The staff at Dr. Hou's office will book you for appointments based on your insurance plan. The more you're covered, the more unnecessary work they will do to your teeth. Their dental equipment is also very old and very outdated. X-rays are non-digital which means much more radiation exposure. There are no before and after video/TV screens taken for your teeth, the equipment around the work areas always look dirty, and the front desk staff give out medical dentist advice to patients by forcing them to do procedures which were never mentioned by the dentist, the front desk staff also used the wrong patient chart! One of the dental hygienist ended up ripping apart my gums in the front of my teeth and she never apologized for the pain and damaged she caused. If you’re going to Dr. John Hou’s for dental, you’re playing Russian roulette on your teeth, gums and overall health!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2012

flag | Submitted May 13, 2012

I recently became a patient of Dr. Hou's for Invisalign. I was impressed with his high professionalism and knowledge, and his willingness to take the time to listen to my questions and concerns. His staff were also very kind and helped create a pleasant family atmosphere. I would recommend this dentist to anyone seeking a dentist in the area.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012