Ratings for Dr. George A. Murphy

I cannot for the life of me understand these low ratings for Dr. Murphy and his staff. I was originally referred years ago by my dentist. I have had numerous office visits for different procedures and I highly recommend him. Knowledgeable, takes his time and explains everything to you. They are very patient and always on time. I always get the nitrous and sleep IV. You wake up and you are all done. I have never had any problems. I once called outside of office hours with a question and my phone call was returned in 15 minutes. Will go back and keep recommending him.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

i am confused too. staff is horrible and rude and i would never go back

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

I am confused about the 4 and 5 star ratings and can only think that maybe his own staff writes those reviews to make him look good. I have been to other oral surgeons and I can say that Dr. Murphy is rude as is his staff. He is disrespectful and constantly tells you to be quiet. He also tries to coerce you into being sedated. Some of us don't need sedation. He is the worst Dental professional I have ever visiting. I didn't even let him touch me. I went to another Oral Surgeon. Dentists like him should not be able to touch anyone. He is older and really need to retire and take his miserable staff with him.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

Just got my wisdom teeth removed by dr muphy, and highly recommend him for anyone else that is able to use him via insurance ( I ended up paying 200 $ , which I thought was very low). This guy definitely knows what he is doing I have minimal pain and will be returning to work next day. Thanks dr Murphy! The whole procedure took under an hour, by the way!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

Dr. Murphy removed my wisdom teeth and one infected molar. He did a wonderful job. In and out efficiently, minimal discomfort after the procedure, put to sleep for the procedure. It was great. Recommended highly.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Dr Murphy was wonderful. He helped me as an emergency and got me thru a significant problem. No pain, no swelling and he was great. If you need oral surgery, he is definitely the Dr to see.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

I read these other comments...there is no way they saw the same Dr. as I did. Dr. Murphy was fantastic. Spoke to me before the extractions (2 wisdom, 1 molar) We discussed sedation options and I accepted his suggestion of nitrous oxide and the injection (forget the med name but it "makes you forget") I was aware of what he was doing if I payed attention...which I did sometimes. I heard him the entire time and never felt worried. My teeth were broken, had remnants of filling and were hard to reach. He did well. I was concerned about the bleeding later on (never had this done before) so I called his answering service and he returned my call within 10 min. It was about 9:00pm. I need more work done and will return to him. Seriously, this Dr. wasn't at all the monster some of these post try to make him out to be.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2010

I got referred to Dr. Murphy bu my dentist for a growth on my tongue. Dr. Murphy explained all of the possibilities and then did a biopsy. He was wonderful. I was worried but he was reassuring. It all turned out great. He could not have been better.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2010

Simply a wonderful experience. On time, professional, kind, considerate and very skillful. Terrific

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

Dr Murphy was wonderful in every respect. He was professional and knowledgeable. I was very nervous but he was informative and reassuring. I had virtually no pain and very little swelling from the procedure. Dr Murphy is definitely the doctor to see for oral surgery. He was great.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2010