Ratings for Dr. Loretta Fiorillo

At 19 I started losing my hair at a rapid rate. I was referred to dr fiorillo but had to wait over 3 weeks for an appointment. To a normal person this would seem fast to see a specialist but by the time 2 weeks was up, let alone 3, I had lost all of my hair. Devastating to a 19 year old girl to say the least. When I got in a room finally I was extremely nervous and upset. Dr fiorillo would not speak to me, only my mother, which aggravated me to no end as I was an adult and had only brought my mother for moral support. She informed me that it was my fault for waiting too long to come and see her and that because my hair had fallen out so quickly there was nothing she could do for me. She told me to get a wig and get used to it as this was going to be my life now. I left demoralized and felt like it was my fault my body had made my hair fall out. No reason. No diagnosis. Just felt numb. Fast forward 9 years of being completely bald and scared of ever seeing another dermatologist I was referred to a dr in Edmonton. He had my hair growing back in less than 2 months. He diagnosed me with alopecia universalis and told me possible reasons for the cause. I was shocked that I had been brushed off and made to spend a great deal of my adult life without hair when there had been a solution and help all along. Disgusting that dr fiorillo has no compassion. I have spoken to other women who suffer from alopecia and they have had similar results with her. I would never darken her door if my life depended on it.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

I got Botox injections for overactive sweating in underarms and the whole staff was amazing! She snuck me in between appointments to ensure I got this procedure done before my wedding. I cannot thank her enough. To finally stop overactive sweating is actually life changing.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Fiorillo removed a mole on my neck and did an excellent job. She is clearly very intelligent. She referred me to her colleague Dr. Day who performed laser treatment on swollen blood vessels on my face which turned out really well. He said that she is so highly trained that she is one of the head dermatologists at the university hospital in Edmonton. I am happy to be her patient.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

She then started going on about "Radio Therapy", skin grafts, and some othertreatments I didn't understand. I asked her to slow down and explain these various options for treatment as I didn't know what they all were. She did very little to explain anything to me. She was in a big hurry to take her lunch break rather than answer my questions. I left her office thinking I was going to a consultation for the radio therapy. Length of actual time with her was less than 10 minutes. I received a call from Dr Fiorillo's office (within a couple of days) to tell me of my appointment with Dr McDonald (plastics), I was confused as I thought I was going somewhere else. The staff that called me was very helpful and informative, I learned more in that phone call of the various treatments, what was best treatment for me at this point and why I was going to see Dr McDonald. I cannot rate this doctor any higher in knowledge as I was given no example of it. She may understand what is going on but as someone who has been diagnosed with any form of cancer, being thorough, answering all questions so the patient understands should be #1. #2 should be cleanliness and hygienic (she did not wash after leaving my room)

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

So I read all the reviews before I went for my appointment and was a little nervous to say the least. However I must have seen a different doctor because the Dr Fiorillo I saw was really great. She was warm and friendly when she came into the room. Showed interest in me and my problems. She was helpful and knowledgeable and did exactly what I hoped she would. She engaged in conversation and asked about my past with interest. Yes I waited a half hour for my appointment but it's the same nearly everywhere you go so I didn't let that spoil my experience. Staff were also very polite and friendly.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

It is pathetic that a specialist with the number of flaws that Dr. Fiorillo possesses can be allowed to practice medicine. It amounts to professional incompetence. I have been to this doctor several times over the span of a number of years for skin issues. Habitually late for appointments, uninformative regarding prescribed medication, delegating important skin information to her staff to tell patients (I had to be advised by her nurse of my particular issue, she never said a word), curt, unresponsive, rude to the point of assuming that her patients either know nothing or are not capable of Googling medical conditions to get their own answers, pugnacious when questioned, non-compassionate, unable to listen to her patients and essentially seeming unconcerned whether they are there or not, and the list of negative comments goes on and on. I completely agree with the reviewer of February 7, 2015, October 7, 2014, December 16, 2013, etc. A complaint or complaints should be made to the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta regarding Dr. Fiorillo.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

She was 45 minutes late to the appt., never mentioned a word for that, never said hi or greeted or handshook, when I asked one question, she literally yelled back at me like as if she was offended I even dare ask her question! I'm not a dermatologist! Of course I'm going to take the opportunity to ask a question! for the sake of my child. Very rude doctor and very curt. Stared at her computer mainly, didn't make eye contact or said bye, just left. Odd she is allowed to treat parents like this? and assumably gets to go to work tomorrow too, and treats others the same! We are there for help and she doesn't seem to have compassion for this or care people may have fears and questions. Very, very strange interaction from a doctor.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I've been to her twice. And while the appointment was montha away. I needed to see her badly. I'm Puerto Rican. I have waited in the ER for 7hrs when in PR to see a doctor, waiting for 20mins to three hour for an appointment is nothing for me. She was knowldgeable, she listened and was very nice and polite. She helped me greatly. I consider her my regular doctor and Im about to make an app with her months in advance because I know people will want help before summer arrives.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

I absolutely dis like her, only been to her twice, not by choice. You wait horrible long in the waiting room, even when you have an appointment booked that you are missing work for. She don't care about what's going on, so what if I am young and loosing my hair, who gives a $hit, cause she don't. Soooo riled! Nothing nice to say about her.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Her staff seemed to know more than she did, and definitely cared more about me. Her staff tried to determine what was going on at the infected spot and came up with some hypotheses, but she just looked at it and wrote me a prescription for some antibiotics. I told her that I didn't believe it was regular acne, and she became very rude to my concern, and basically called me stupid. The antibiotics didn't really work. After a few more years of feeling like crap about my condition I went to a different dermatologist who determined that it wasn't regular acne but rather folliculitis. To sum up my experience in one sentence, Loretta is both useless and rude. Look elsewhere if you can (I drove to Calgary and it was worth it).

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013