Ratings for Dr. Joel S. Federbush

Everything written is true. LiterAlly writes your med while you're talking to him. Doesn't care. 2 min appointments. No joke. If you want to feel like a drug addict....go there.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Everyone assessment of Dr Federbush is correct. His office staff is a complete joke as well. he prescribed me my meds on a monday which my insurance of course rejected and he needed to send an authorization letter. his staff informed me on tuesday they would submit the info to insurance. they didnt. then i called on thursday and told them i have 1 pill left and i need this info to get to my insurance to get my new prescription. they informed me that they would send it in that night. they never did and i was out of meds. i called Dr. Federbush's cell and he acted like he was all annyoed with me and couldnt be bothered. told him i was out of meds and his response was "there is nothing i can do unit monday". so i guess its ok that his patients dont get there meds. guy is a complete joke and could care less about his patients. his office staff is awful, rude and like their boss could care less about you. DO NOT GO TO HIM!!!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Dr. Federbush is one of the worst psychiatrists i have ever seen. He spends maybe 5 minutes with his patients, and has very little actual interest in them. The only positive thing i can say is this: if you are looking for a doctor that will prescribe basically anything, then he's your guy. Lacks empathy, clearly in it for the money.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I went to doctor Federbush bc I have a serious gambling addiction and I explained to him some of the abnormal things I was to doing to obtain gabling funds and he called me a degenerate and asked me what type of person am I to deprive my family of things bc of my gambling addiction and basically told me there was no hope for me. Long behold a few weeks later, after he called me a sociopath I was at the meadowlands race track and I observed the dear doctor Federbush screaming at one of the TV's like a mental patient during one of the races. If you ever need to find the almighty doctor Federbush, you can find him at 50 state road 120, Meadowlands racetrack by the way I observed him and ran into him there several times since. Thank you for your help doctor Federbush, now go seek help for yourself, you sick individual.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

This guy is a total clown. Period. He could care less about u or ur problems. He had the balls to basically call me a drug addict bc I take pain medication that is legally prescribed to me by my doc for a serious back problem and tells me he wants proof that I'm in an outpatient rehab. Then, in not so many words, accuses me of lying to him about my family issues and some of the family emergencies I have had recently. All I wanted to do was punch him in the mouth!! My mother is sick with cancer and my uncle just recently died of a stroke...but I'm a liar? What an A-HOLE!!! And to top it all off, he accuses me of lying to him about taking ADHD meds since I was 14. I mean really what a total A-HOLE. I hope he sees this post bc he will kno who is writing this and I could care less bc I'm never going back to see him and from what I have read in 99% of his reviews, neither is any1 else. If you wanna piss away 100 or so dollars and be judged and talked to like ur trash then he is ur man!!!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

The negative comments here are correct, though I won't necessarily berate him for the waiting room environment - a consequence of "affordable" health care. But, I used him to help me properly withdraw from a medication I had been on for 10 years. During the final stages, while I was mentally/emotionally okay, I had severe physical symptoms. I was upset that he had not discussed these with me before they happened. When I had asserted my disappointment in this lack of foresight and bedside manner, he became defensive, had no desire to hear me out, called my symptoms psychosomatic, and said if I wasn't happy with him I should find someone else. He said not one patient has ever said this to him - that he didn't discuss possible symptoms or side effects. Well, how could you with 5-minute appointments? The in-out/revolving door comments are true. In conclusion: find a doctor that gives you the time you're due and equally respects the psychotherapeutic process. He does neither.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

This doctor is obviously in the field for the money. I was in his office literally 3 minutes. I was RUSHED and while listening to my concerns/questions for a whopping 2 minutes, he was looking at the clock. DO NOT RECOMMEND

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

doesn't really listen to me. Has actually answered the phone while i was in his office telling him about a very personal issue.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2007

When I walked in the door I felted like I was in a medical clinic, people sitting , standing with kids crying on the floor. Dr. Federbush office is a revolving door. No detail, no call backs, very little intrest on his part and rude. When I left his office my feeling were as follows...cheap, embarrassed and humiliated. The worst of the worst

flag | Submitted July 31, 2007

AVOID AT ALL COSTS This guy is the worst. He saw me for one minute and prescribed med's that had me in the ER days later. While I don't think that's his fault, he should've given me more info. He couldn't care less. His waiting room is a cattle call.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2007

Dr. Joel S. Federbush's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1986)

• BCBS New Mexico