Ratings for Dr. Venita Ramanna

I recently started seeing Dr. Ramanna again after she returned to practice after some time away. Having been with a doctor during that time who seemed more interested in protecting "the system" from "overtesting" than in advocating for me, I was reminded that there are good and bad in all professions, even medicine. Dr. Ramanna is everything I want in a doctor. She listens, she asks questions, she respects my opinion and gives me hers, which I trust and want. She is direct, which I appreciate; I don't want to have to guess as to what she thinks or means. If she comes across as confident, her confidence - and expertise - have been earned over years in practice. She is open to my interest in alternative medicine in combination with western medical approaches. I really appreciate the fact that she will say she is NOT an expert in some areas, and will refer me accordingly. In response to the comment made by the August 25th poster, I PRAY that the "style of health care" practiced by Dr. Ramanna never becomes obsolete. I've seen what else is out there and no thank you. After my first appointment with Dr. Ramanna, I felt like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders after months dealing with a doctor who was actually causing me stress in addition to doing nothing to help me get to the root of my problem. Thank you, Dr. Ramanna.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2018

I feel very confident and comfortable with Dr Ramanna. The clinic itself is very clean, with caring and helpful staff. I am very happy and relieved to have found this care. As a bonus, there is a lab right next door!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2018

I’ve only seen this MD a handful of times, unfortunately my experience with her was not exactly pleasant. I understand that some people enjoy a doctor that tells them how to manage their health, but I do not. I’m all for partnering with a doctor, working together, but ultimately this is my body. I felt my interactions with Dr. Ramanna were tense, I would even be so bold to say I felt bullied. She talked down and interrupted me on various occasions and eye contact was rarely had. I found her to be over confident in her ability to treat, given that when questioned it was clear she was lacking in understanding the etiology of my condition. The old paradigm of “I’m the doctor, you listen to me” is over due to the accessibility of information....Thankfully, not all doctors display this level of arrogance. Thankfully, times are changing rapidly, soon this style of health care will be obsolete.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2018

Dr Ramanna is the best family doc I have ever had.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2018

Recently moved here from Vancouver where I had a great dr. and was worried about replacing him. I am not worried anymore - I have found the best dr. I have ever been to. Dr. Ramanna is very thorough and takes nothing for granted. Listens to what you have to say and then offers solutions for furthering investigation and/or treatment. Thank you Dr. Rammana.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2018

Seriously one of the best physicians I have ever dealt with! Her new office location has a great staff. Truly a doctor who advocates for her patients.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

We were happy to discover Dr. Ramanna had resumed her practice, now at Richmond Square Medical Centre, as we were looking for a new family doc. She seems experienced, knowledgeable, balanced, and caring. She's not overly interventionist, which I like, and she takes an interdisciplinary approach to care, being part of a team of other professionals.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I am very sad to hear the Dr Ramanna has retired. I wish her all the best in her retirement. I will greatly miss her & her staff. I truly wish there were more Drs like her.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Sad to see her leaving her practice. She has been a wonderful Doctor to have. I wish there were more like her. Her & her staff will be missed

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Dr Ramanna keeps it real! She is very sincere and compassionate and has helped me through any problem that I came to see her for. I was always able to get prompt appointments (within a week or earlier if needed) and the staff in her office are such wonderful ladies, they have been nothing but sweet and kind to everyone! I will miss everyone at Dr Ramanna's office dearly.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015