Ratings for Dr. Mark Brown

His front admin staff is awful, save one. 2/3 are rude on their best days. I delay making appointments because they are horrid to deal with. Dr. Brown is good. I wish he would be a little more open to alternative pain options instead of resorting to hard narcotics. I have also found his conservative personal views to sometimes influence treatment for health issues, particularly toward female health issues.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

I am very saddened that I find myself leaving Dr. Brown's practice and starting over with a new Dr. after so many years. These are the reasons why I left: 1. His staff are rude and EXTREMELY unhelpful. For years I have endured rude and unprofessional behaviour from 2 of his 3 staff in order to see Dr. Brown . It has become obvious that his older nurse (although lovely and the only decent staff member to deal with compared to the other two) is either incompetent and unorganized or just plain doesn't care anymore..not sure which one it is. 2. I did (past tense) have a fantastic relationship with Dr. Brown up until the last 2 years or so. Dr. Brown has brushed off many of my requests for medication, tests or referrals which has caused undue pain and suffering. Although I believe he has the knowledge and the capability to be a great doctor he appears to have become apathetic , cynical and dismissive. Dr. Gingrich, whom Dr. Brown took over for, would be unimpressed to say the least. I'm going to miss the "old" Dr. Brown immensely. The one that made me feel like I had an advocate and I could go to him for just about anything. It's been a long time since I felt that Dr. Brown had my best interest in mind. I'm tired of not being taken seriously.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

As a medical professional this is the first DR who would not give me his physician number during a phone order. I have never met him and all other Dr's give their number,why not him?? Maybe he does not know it or just a difficult person.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I had the misfortune of being sent to Dr. Brown during the after hours clinic. I was in terrible pain. He brushed my symptoms off, insinuated I was hysterical, and made sure my actual doctor agreed with him. After months of sickness and extreme pain, I was finally sent to a specialist who gave me blood tests and an mri. These tests confirmed that I wasn't hysterical, and that I was indeed sick. I have now been officially diagnosed with an actual disease for which I will be monitored and medicated for the rest of my life. I despise Dr. Brown!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

I find Dr Brown to be arrogant and judgemental. He would not listen to me when I complained of the same issue for a year, leaving me disabled, and lucky to be alive. To this day, he is not helpful to me at all, and seems to care even less than he did when he first came here. He also took a personal call from a fellow rugby coach, while I was in his office with him.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Dr. Brown is a nice person but I do not appreciate his dry sarcasim...it gets in the way of my comfort level discussing personal health issues. I find it extremely difficult to get an appointment and frequenly have to recall several times because the phone is not answered. I delay making appts because of my comfort level and difficultly making appts.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

I really like Dr. Brown as my family doctor. He is knowledgeable and a great doctor. However, can't say the same for a couple of his staff. In particularly one person of his staff is very unfriendly and border line arrogant. Not suited for that kind of job.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I drive out of town just visit Dr. Brown. There are no better Dr's out there. He explains everything, works great with kids, and even apologizes when late (once waited 5 minutes).

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr. Brown is a great doctor and just in general a really great guy. He is very helpful in all areas and he has a great sence of humor which makes you feel very comfortable in his presence!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

Dr Brown is kind, caring, and compassionate with a wonderful sense of humour. My family appreciates his professionalism and wisdom. Many thanks Dr. Brown!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2011