Ratings for Dr. Lee-Anne Jansma

This Dr. Doesn't listen to her patients. She doesn't take the time find out what is wrong with you. My mom went in on Thursday feeling horrible and pain in her back and trouble breathing - Jansma's response was prob a virus there going around - oh and you've had this pain before, my mom replied not this pain its different - sent my mom on her way - Friday my mom called her said I'm still having pain in my upper back, all Jansma did was have her reception fax a prescription to the pharmacy - she had no time for my mom , seniors are often not listened to - and just shrugged off - Sunday my mom was still feeling awful to the point we called an ambulance cause the pain was still in her back and having trouble breathing - the ambulance came and rushed her to the hospital - she went into cardiac arrest twice in the ambulance and 3 times at the hospital - she never regained consciousness, and passed away 9:30pm that night of a blood clot to the lungs - my mom would be here today if Jansma did what she took an oathe to do, but she shrugged my mom off - she could have saved my mom's life instead my mom is dead due to her gross negligence. She should never be allowed to practice again. If it we're up to me she would be in jail with the other murderers.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Awesome lifetime GP who is knowledgeable and empathetic

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Are we really that self-centred? This is a doctor-patient relationship, not a friendship, duh! Yes, when I go to a doctor I am there to talk about my medical issues. This doctor is completely unprofessional and self-centred. I do not appreciate her making derogatory comments about me to other patients nor do I appreciate being yelled at for having the audacity to see her for over concerning symptoms.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

I liked Dr. Jamsma when she first became my doctor but I find her a complete quack. It is not being self-centred, I don't want to hear about her dealings with other patients while I am booked for a ten minute appointment. She will send you for one test and when that comes back normal, likes you to shut up and forget about it. Her staff, although efficient, are very pushy and seem to think they are privy to specifics about why I want to see the doctor.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

I must agree with many other commenters on here-I find Dr. Jansma punctual, polite and friendly. However, I seriously question her knowledge and thoroughness. She seems hesitant to refer me to specialists or for further testing yet will admit she does not know what the problem is. Nice enough woman, but I seriously question her knowledge.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

When she first started her practice, was attentive, and interested. Now, as with many Doctors,has become very good and quick at writing prescriptions ,even if she doesn't know or take the time to find out what is wrong with you. To bad, was so hoping she would be different.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

I've never had a reason to doubt Dr. Jansma. I've found her to be caring, competent and knowledgeable. When a referral was needed it was no problem. She's a fine family physician.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I am absolutely shocked at the negative feedback here. Some of you really have your heads up your asses!!!!! Dr Lee-Anne Jansma is extremely knowledgeable, and her banter is exactly what relaxes people you idiots. Are you really so self-centred that all you care about is talking about yourselves??? She has been my doctor since the day she took over the practise from my previous doctor. She is extremely warm and compassionate. No matter what you tell her, no matter how severe your state at the time, she never ever casts judgement on you. Shame on you people.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

I have found Dr Jansma and her staff polite and friendly. She does make you feel comfortable. Though I have been told by staff you can not make appointments for a specified time. They do not want to keep the doctor later than necessary waiting for you. Then tell me what is the point of having office hours? Dr Jansma is punctual, I have never had to wait for her. As for her helpfulness, she is rather lacking. She herself has admitted she does not like making referrals; and after trying all other treatment options, had to make one. When asking about receiving vaccinations for travel because the travel destination suggested it, she did not want to prescribe/inject the vaccination. She suggested I go to a health link centre. I am not impressed. What is the purpose of having her as a family doctor then?

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

Warm and friendly and I never felt rushed. I felt that she was a good doctor until I suffered a serious medical condition that was finally diagnosed by a physician in the ER and was admitted to hospital. I strongly believe that my life was saved with the help of family and friends, and other physicians. No credit is given to her for my final diagnosis or treatment. In fact, her diagnosis of my condition was unacceptable given my concerns about my ongoing serious condition and numerous appointments with her). Her incompetency is inexcusable.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011