Ratings for Dr. Gerald Maloney

A family member died because of his slow diagnosis. He just gave him so many pills that by the time they went back (100th + time), he finally sent him to the hospital for tests. Not willing to critically think to help. Just gives as many pills as possible

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

Very rushed, not competent to diagnose correctly, runs no routine tests ever unless prodded to do so. Very unimpressive performance.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

Always squeezes my family or I in when we need to see him, listens to our imnput, provides feedback, and follows up. Very professional, caring, personable and approachable. The service couldn't be better! Very pleased.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

This Dr. has taken very good care of my in-laws and their friends on the Base Road. There are not many of his breed left!!!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2007

Dr Maloney is a very competent doctor. he is is punctual and very helpful.I wish I could say the same for myself. If you have a medical problem he is not sure of he will send you to specialist. When Dr. Maloney retires I hope our community will be fortunate to get a doctor as good as Gerald.Henry

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007

I know I shouldn't complain because we are fortunate enough to have a physician who is easily accessible in the St. Martins area.....however! His knowledge is extremely limited, he doesn't seem to have answers, even for what I would classify as everyday health concerns. Quick to pass you off to a "specialist". Personally I have had a bad experience with him, turning me away at a time when critical care was required. Thus I would choose not to entrust him with future medical care of myself or of my immediate family.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007

This doctor (?) left a very elderly ill lady in a very poor situation. He refused to see the lady, his patient, at the hospital, at her home, or in his office. His explaination: if she was "that sick" he didn't want her in his office. He would not make a 'home visit' and if she went to the hospital, someone else would look after her. The women was left in a very ill condition, one which cost her 44 days in hospital. Needless to say she got another doctor, a real one. Do not question this doctor about ANYTHING.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007

Always willing to help you as fast as possible. I have had him as a doctor since he began his practice in St. Martins. I wouldn't give him up for the world.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2007

Always pleasant and goes out of his way to make you feel comfortable and hopeful. He makes house calls if you are feeling too ill to visit his office.If you need a specialist, he tells you immediately and makes the necessary arrangements.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2007

Very interested in what you have to say, appears to be correct in my situation.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2007