Ratings for Dr. Shung Lee

I read the review below, but cannot understand any of the poor ratings, as my experience with Dr. Lee was very positive. I spent a little longer than I wanted in the waiting room, but once it was my turn he took a great deal of time with me, answering all my questions and explaining my condition in great detail. I realized that if he gave all his patients this level of attention, it wouldn't take long for him to 'run a little behind schedule'. I had a varicose vein stripping surgery performed at Victoria Surgery and have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Lee and everybody (from reception to recovery) at Victoria Surgery.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr.Lee is an amazing surgeon and he performed an excellent surgery on my varicose vein.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Decisive in action and direct with information. Remains pleasant through adversity of circumstance and environment. Confident.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Lee after I suffered an upper arm clot related to thoracic outlet syndrome at age 25. He can be a man of few words (which may come across as rude) and was late for my 2 appointments with him, but when it came down to disentangling my vein from my first rib, he got the job done, preserving gross function in my hand. As a note, I waited 8 months for this surgery in the public system after having a clot, if I had had the opportunity to pay to have my surgery done faster (to limit pain, swelling, activity restriction, further vein damage, and ongoing clotting risk) I would have done so.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

8 days after my vein surgery At Victoria surgery. Im Doing good I think :) Looking forward to getting staples out of my leg and stitches dissolved from my groin. Im glad I am able to take two weeks off thou. I will comment again in a month. I was treated very good with all staff and dr's and nurses ect during my stay at the Victoria Surgery.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

Dr Shung Lee i one of the best surgeons in bc if not the best he done a abdominal artery right om time met me in the room pushed the strecher i was on into the operation room and dont the operation this was on a Friday when i came out of the anastedices he was there for me and on sunday morning i was on the way home the last three years he has followed up on me great doctor thanks for my days

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

Remarkably rude, irritable and unhelpful office staff. The doctor himself equally rude, especially when I decided to wait for surgery rather than pay him $4000.00 for laser surgery in his office. This is what our health dollars are going to. Incredible.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

I found Dr Lee to be knowledgeable and straightforward. The procedures were done efficiently. He has a very busy practice and yet found time to take a few minutes to make a personal connection, which I appreciate.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

About 1 percent information volunteered in contrast to what I wanted. 2 minutes of his time for 40 minute wait. Dr. Lee was friendly enough and seems capable, but he didn't provide enough information to make an assessment. I would recommend that more time with his patients would make a world of difference. Come prepared with questions and insist on a response.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

I was referred to Dr Lee for vericose vein problems I was having. Under Dr. Lees suggestions, I elected for laser treatment. What a mistake! At surgery, I was rushed in and out faster than quality care would certainly permit. I felt I was not given enough information to properly care for my leg after the surgery, and when I called the office a few days after, to my surprise I was told that the Doctor was away for the next two weeks, and was given incorrect information on how long to leave the compression stockings on for. Less than two years later, my vericose veins were back and worse. Clearly I am very displeased with his service. I would suggest that Dr. Lee take time enough to properly explain and give information on his pretreatment and aftercare prtocols as he advertises on his website.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012