Ratings for Dr. Jim Melling

Dr. Melling is one of the most unprofessional dr.'s I've ever met. I saw him at the St. Anthony's Medical Clinic on July 19th. I had a profoundly sore eye and needed it to be seen. He was unprofessional, rude and made some really awful remarks. "I'm going to put some green *s...*t in your eye". He didn't know what the problem was, he didn't treat it, and he didn't offer any suggestions about how I should treat it. When I left he said "good luck with that." He was flippant, rude and incredibly unprofessional. I will never go back to that clinic and I will never see him again. Worst experience I've ever had with a dr.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I've been seeing Jim since 1986 and he's great. He doesn't sugarcoat anything and is very practical and proactive. The parent who gave him two stars for asking "why do you think your mother dragged you in here" is not too bright. He asks that so he can hear in the patient's own words what's wrong with them (instead of in the words of their crazed mother). As well, I guarantee he has seen many concussions (a couple from me I know about for sure!) and knows what symptoms to look for. What the rater doesn't mention is that her son was absolutely fine and that Jim was correct in his diagnosis (I'm sure if he was wrong she'd be writing about that). The post does point out accurately that Jim is more worried about your health than your feelings. If the prospect of that bothers you then you're probably not a good fit for his practice.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Jim is the best GP around. He has an excellent bedside manner, is very knowledgable and actually cares about his patients. Our family have been lucky to know this man and we think the world of him.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

DR MELLINGIS THE ONLY DR. I WOULD SEND ANYONE I CARE ABOUT!! I FEAR DR.S AND HE HAS MADE IT VERY EASY FOR ME..HE IS THE BEST DR. OUT THERE..PREOFESSIONAL PUNCTUAL AND ALWAYS SEARCHES FOR THE RIGHT TREATMENT SUITABLE TO THE PROBLEM, HE SAVED ME FROM MIGRANES WHEN NOONE ELSE WOULD!! THANX DR.MELLING

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

very professional, always friendly, he helped me through a lot of hard times

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

Dr Melling was totally unprofessional. I took my son the St. Anthony's clinic where Dr Melling was working. My son had a possible concussion after an aggressive blow to his head and body at a soccer game, melling did not even look at my son, did not exam him at all and made snide, judgemental, noninformed remarks "why did you let your mother drag you in here" - then proceeded to discount, without ANY examination, without reading any medical reports, lab results or xrays, previous doctor's findings. This man is a waste of our medical dollars and in my opinion should never be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2010

Personable, excellent, and great sense of humour! I couldn't find a physician and he took me on when I really needed it!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

Dr. Jim takes the time! I have been his patient since i was 2 (20 years ago!)He is wonderful, supportive and kind. Jim always listens and looks after. no problem to big or small, he is there! I commuted from courtenay to see him, no one can compare...thanks Jim, may you inspire more doctors to follow you! (p.s. Tina, you rocked that office! we miss you!)

flag | Submitted January 30, 2009

I have had Dr. Jim as my doctor and friend for over 10 years and he is the best Doctor around. He is always attentive, polite, punctual and can be very funny when he wants to be. He always makes me feel so comfortable that I can talk to him about anything.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2007

One of the most personable and caring physician's I have ever delt with. Chuck Morris

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007