Ratings for Dr. Marlene Lidkea

I WILL NEVER FORGET UR KIND HONEST STRAIGHT FORWARD CHARACTER. 😢😢 RIP WE LOVE U

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

I found Dr. Lidkea competent and caring. She delivered my first baby, and I had an extremely complicated and long delivery. Without her competence I could have very likely ended up with a c- section and other procedures I specifically did not want. My birth plan was very specific and she respected all of my wishes always. Due to all of my complications my birth plan required some on-the-fly alterations and she was respectful while doing what was best for me, and baby. I loved her and will miss her.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

I have known lidkea for almost thirty years though i would never see her again what shame she haslost touch with why she became a physican she was cold mean !!! careful if u get on her bad side!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Dr. Lidkea is one of the best people I know. She delivered my son and kept me at ease during the whole pregnancy. I have never felt rushed and she never looked at me as just another patient. Dr. Lidkea is very good at what she does- you wont find much better then her.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2010

I chose Dr. Lidkea because she works with doulas and is the only doctor in the Capital Region who can get you a birthing tub in a hospital setting. I hired one of the doulas she works with and wouldn't have done it any other way. Dr. Lidkea was supportive of my desire to have minimal interventions. She did a great job of stitching up my 3rd degree tears!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Lidkea for 8 years....she delivered both of my children and I do really like her. However, that being said, I find in next to impossible to get an appointment with her. I have also been told to call between 8:30 and 9:00 for same day appointments but I've never been able to get one yet. I am often forced to take my kids to medi-centers for any problems they have. I also think her staff is severely lacking in compassion and could use a crash course in bedside manor.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009

The best doctor I have ever had. She was very friendly and informative. I had a complicated pregnancy that ended in an emergency c-section and she was extreamly helpful throughout the entire process and many ultra sounds. Also she is the first doctor that showed any kind of concern when I mentioned that with birth control my feet turn purple and my toe nails fall off and asked to get blood work done. Every other Dr. just gave me a different perscription for a different birth control and sent me away saying that nothing was wrong i probably just stubbed my toes or something. Its nice to see a doctor actually listen to your problems and not just shove some pills in your face and push you out the door.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Dr.Lidkea really needs to rethink the 'same day appt.' I take antidepressant meds which one can not stop without severe withdrawl, which I once experienced on a vacation. The receptionist offered me an appt. in a month, and suggested if I called bet 8:30-9am any day I could book one of these short appts. After trying for 2 days only to be put on hold, then learning the 'winning' appointments had been taken, (like a radio call-in show)I tried to explain to the receptionist the Dr. had only given me 2 months prescription instead of the usual 6, and that I would be out in 2 days. She again invited me to call for the same day appointment or contact my druggist who could give me a months supply without prescription...the druggist was very frustrated as the Pharmacy Act does not allow this. I am terrified of the upcoming withdrawl, wondering what to do next and how it will effect my job. I will be lodging a formal complaint and finding a new doctor.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

she is opinionated - but that is because she beleaves in the truth - unlike many other physicans - if you are doing some thing stupid she may just tell you that - if you are smart you will listen to her. ver skilled in natrual childbirth issues

flag | Submitted December 30, 2008

Dr. Lidkea has been our family doctor for 26 years. I have to agree with a lot of the negative comments. I like her, but she does make you feel like your complaints are silly. I tend not to bring up concerns because I don't want to feel stupid. I have gone to the medicentre just so I don't have to ask Dr. Lidkea something.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008