Ratings for Dr. Ada S. Jemison

What a bad experience. She was 30 minutes late (no surprise there) but I still tried to give her a chance. She gave me unsolicited advice about other fields of medicine--I thought I was seeing a psychiatrist? (Just to give one example, she started telling me, seriously, that I needed to eat less pasta and use a different shampoo. I was not there for nutritional advice or anything related to it.) When I tried to answer her questions, she would interrupt me after exactly one sentence, and at one point she actually said she needed to do more of the talking than me. ?! Isn't the entire point of seeing a psychiatrist to talk?! She also actually SCOLDED me on several occasions when I didn't know the type of chemical one of the medications I was taking was. I knew the generic name but she said I should "really know the type of chemical it is". She was very disapproving when I didn't remember what month I started my period, when I was 12 years old...10 YEARS AGO. Never going back!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

Something you have to understand about Dr. Jemison is that she really is an acquired taste. At our first meeting I disliked her considerably, but with repetitive exposure have found her to be helpful, insightful and, what's more, a genuine friend. Admittedly, she does have an air of pretension about her, which I assure anyone reading this post is, while often as annoying and off-putting as it was to me initially, resultant from her possession of exceptional medical knowledge and diagnostic talent. I really would recommend her as an excellent physician to anyone, but I would caution the soft-hearted to prepare themselves for a bumpy first meeting. It's worth pushing through, I promise.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

she is a great doctor and i hope she would of became like her sister Mae carol jemison but shes not but she is good in what she does i hope she has a good life :)

flag | Submitted January 20, 2010

My 13yr old bipolar daughter was admitted to IntraCare Hospital, simple because I had to call 911 as she had become violent and uncontrollabe and there where no other beds in Houston, and her regular psychiatrist was unable to see her. After sitting waiting on a bed for 9 hours, I was told that they were waiting on orders from what would be her doctor, "Ada Jemison". Orders were written and my child got to her room. This was a Thursday nite. My child was not physical seen by Dr. Jemison until 10:30pm on Friday nite, after she had been given a dose a seroquel. Which left her drugged and under to respond properly. I received no update, no calls from this doctor, or was able to speak with the doctor regarding the plan for my daughters treatment. On my visit on Saturday, I insisted that I get the doctors phone number, as I was very uncomfortable with the lack of communication regarding my child's care. I called DR. Jemison's answering service and stated just that. 6 hours la

flag | Submitted April 26, 2008

Though Dr. Jemison seems to be at least somewhat knowledgeable in her field, she is very defensive and rude if you ask any questions about any diagnoses or medications she may prescribe. This creates a hostile patient-doctor relationship and makes for uncomfortable and compromised service. When she is an hour and a half late for your appointment, she has no issue with this, and does not mention any type of remorse for being being inconsiderate of the time of others. I do realize that doctors have emergencies, but at least acknowledge the regret of being late when you make a patient wait for an hour and a half, especially if you leisurely stroll into the office after the original appointment time with no sense of urgency.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2007

Dr. Ada S. Jemison's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Neighborhood Health Partnership