Ratings for Dr. Robert Paterson

I am so saddened by Dr. Paterson’s retirement announcement, although I am very happy for him. He has given me some quality of life and now I am not sure what I am going to do without him......he will be dearly missed. Thank you to Chris his secretary for her devotion and understanding each and every time I called with an issue. It was a very well runned office and clinic. Good Luck!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

Learned just this minute that Dr. Paterson is leaving Dartmouth General Hospital pain clinic & I'm freaking in tears! He's been my pain doctor for at least 20 years now & don't know what I'll do without him. Seriously!! If it weren't for him I wouldn't be on my feet!! Life as I know it has just come to a crashing end due to loosing him from treating my herniated & degenerative discs. It's only because of his knowledge & understanding that I have ANY quality of life. Hands down the BEST Doctor I've ever had the privilege to know & unfortunately because of my health history, I've known far too many. He ALWAYS has time to explain any of my questions or concerns. Just a really great guy to talk to with a great sense of humor to boot. Your not just a number when you enter his office. He sincerely treats you like a real human being. He's been giving me spinal injections for some time & always helps to put me at ease at every appointment. His right hand woman Chris & nurse, Arron are fabulous as well! Shame on DGH for not finding a way to keep him in the pain clinic!! Many, many of his patients will now have to suffer needlessly. This is DEVASTATING!! Doctor Paterson PLEASE don't leave us! JEH

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

Dr Patterson has been treating me for close to 20 years so to hear he is leaving the pain clinic at DGH is devastating. I have nothing but respect and appreciation for everything he has done for me. His knowledgable, dedication, understanding and kindness he has shown me, makes it devastating to hear he is leaving the pain clinic. It's the patients that will suffer because the government is doing nothing to keep their highly skilled doctors in all areas of medicine. His patients will be left high and dry, with no replacement thanks to the poor management of the government and health care management. DGH is fortunate to have Dr Patterson continue practicing as an anesthesiologist but it's a hugh loss to the pain clinic and his patients. I will be forever grateful for his dedication, knowledge and kindness throughout the years. With fewer pain specialists means more family doctors will be treating chronic pain without the experience in pain management . I'm am loosing, along with many others, a fantastic doctor.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I have had the pleasure to know all of his staff and they go above and beyond to help people with chronic pain.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

He is the most awesome doctor I have ever been to and I have been to alot. He really cares and listens to me. First specialist /Dr. that I have been to that doesn't treat you like a number. I travel 3 hours to see him and it is well worth it. He is very knowledgeable about everything. I have had alot of other issues besides chronic pain in the last 10 years I have been seeing him and he takes time out of his busy schedule to explain them to me. He has helped lessoned my pain and made me more comfortable. All I can say is that Dr. Paterson is the best. So fortunate to have been referred to him. Chris his secretary is great as well. Very pleasant, cooperative and has gone beyond her duties for me. Thanks to Chris and Dr. Paterson for all they do and have done for me. His nurse is great as well. Don't know how I would have been without Chris, Dr. Paterson and his nurse for the last 10 years. Dr. Patterson gets a five-star plus from me. So grateful to have him.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Great Doctor and staff. He has done a great job lessening my pain. Nice man and nurses.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr Patterson has treated me for over 12 years and I feel I could not have had better treatment by any one else. He is caring and knowledgeable. Even if sometimes the wait is longer than expected I still would rather wait for him than any other doctor

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Dr. Paterson is amazing, there have been so many positive ratings on him I can only agree with everyone else. I am lucky to have been referred to him.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

I have had a great experience with the Pain Clinic in Dartmouth. Dr. Paterson is extremely knowledgeable and has a very kind demeanor. He explains everything in great detail and makes you feel at ease. I would highly recommend him, he is an absolute blessing. Chris his secretary is very pleasant to deal with and extremely efficient with each dealing I have had with her from day one.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Dr. Patterson is completely fabulous. I have been seeing him for almost a decade, and he is caring, knowledgeable, and easy to talk to. I can't imagine a better pain specialist. Chris, his admin assist, is also fabulous- friendly, efficient, and caring.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015