Ratings for Dr. C. Cameron

I liked Dr. Cameron, but did not like the fact he argued with me about the torn medial meniscus which his initial scope did not correct. I have no idea how much cartilage I have actually lost in that knee, because I had to strongly advocate for myself to get him to go in again and fix what he did not see the first time, which is that he missed the fact the torn cartilage had exited to the back of the knee. He even argued that the post-surgical MRI report was incorrect (it showed a SIGNIFICANT tear to the MM), claiming the doctor had misinterpreted post-surgical inflammation. THEN he tried to argue I was experiencing patellar pain syndrome. I KNEW that my circumstances had not improved at all after the first scope because I still needed to support myself when going down or rising from a squat position. A second scope resolved the situation, but I did not appreciate that he tried to dismiss imaging and empirical evidence that his initial surgery was not successful.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr. Cameron replace my two knees. The left knee was done December 2014 and the right one was done November 2015. Both operations were a coplete success. Thanks to Dr. Cameron I once again have full mobility and enjoy walking and swimming on a daily basis. This was not the case prior to the operations. Dr. Cameron is a very caring man with vast knowledge and a very very caring manner. He spent all the time we needed answering questions and explaining the entire procedure without hesitation. Additionally my friend had Dr. Cameron to replace both knees with equally good results. We would highly recommend Dr. Cameron to anyone suffering from knee problems. Dr. Cameron's office staff is terrific and very efficient. Thank you all for your wonderful work.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr. Cameron did my hip surgery June 21, 2013. Fabulous job Dr. Cameron! No problems....and I walk at least 5 km every day. Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Dr Cameron did a thr revision for me. Turned out wonderfully. I am 2.5 years post op with no issues.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Good surgeon but front desk assistant is toxic, rude and doing him a disservice

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Had a serious knee issue. He told me that I had a bone decease and the bone was dying. Would most likely end up in a wheel chair and there was nothing he could do. I then left the country for expert advice. I was back to work 2 months later. Dr Cameron had Absolute 100 NO IDEA what he was talking about in this case and made NO effort to investigate any further.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Great doctor. Far too busy. Did both of my knees over period of four years Thankfully no more knees but I wouldn't think twice about going back to him if I had to. Great guy.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Rebuilt my crushed foot 12 years ago, recovered far better than predicted. My recent knee injury was not repairable, but thats not his fault. 100% professional, great explanations of complex medical terms, great "bedside manner". His staff is friendly but overworked, very difficult to schedule anything (might just be a problem with VIHA/BCMed) My knee surgery was considered "urgent" and there was still a 2 month wait with cancellations.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr Cameron was referred by my family. He has replaced both my mothers hips and done resurfacing on both her knees with great results and he has done my Dad's knees resurfacing and fixed his shoulder and massively broken leg from a ski accident. Dad at 71 is on the slopes the season after his break and loving life outdoors still. I needed Dr Cameron the help me with chronic pain and knee swelling. MRI's were inconclusive and the UBC sports guys said just keep exercising and strengthening. "I can keep exercising, it hurts so much It makes me sick". Cameron looked and examined and promised very little other than to try and help. Well...help he did. Bone growths removed, loose pieces removed and no more pain, clicking, locking, popping and snapping. I will ski and ride my mountain bike again this year thanks to Dr Cameron!! He is straight forward and takes his profession very, well, "professionally".

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

He is very real. No sugar coating anything. He knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013