Ratings for Dr. Annette K. Pelaez

She works very fast, no time wasted, but when there is a problem with the test/labs results, she calls you at home and give advise of what to do, recommend other specialist with their information.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

I have been with Dr.Pelaez since 2005. She was the only OB/GYN in our neighborhood that would do a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section). She is extremely wonderful and very knowlegeable. She is also very efficient in her work. She takes the time to answer all your questions even when they are not necessarily in reference to you. Been with her for 10 years now and wouldn't change her for nothing in the world. Her staff is exceptional. My daughters will definitely be seen with her.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

Punctuality was great. I waited 5 minutes I the waiting room and 5 minutes in the exam room. Side note: parking can be bad. Staff was courteous. Dr. Pelaez answered all of my questions in detail. The exam went well. No complaints.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

I had a horrific experience with Dr Pelaez. I came to her with an ultrasound at 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and no heartbeat detected. She walked in, barely looked me in the eye as she introduced herself, never introduced herself to my husband, who sat crammed in the corner of the changing room. She looked through my ultrasound records and said in a neutral voice, while flipping through the records, "yeah, you probably had a miscarriage. You can get a D & C or miscarry naturally. Any questions?" My husband and I sat in stunned silence. When I started to cry, she said "yeah, it's hard," in a snappy voice. She told me she would arrange for an ultrasound and walked out of the room. She was right, and I arranged a D&C with her. She did it in her ofc without anesthesia, which I subsequently learned was bad practice: she should have offered me a hospital OR and anesthesia. It was incredibly painful; I still cry just thinking about it. She didn't send it for pathology: another bad practice.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

This is an awesome doctor1 She is the only doctor who i met out of 4 that would do a natural birth after c-section. She was so paitent with me! She also did a great job with harvesting cord blood so we can send to cord blood bank. Super awesome doctor. As an RN, i felt very comfortable with her.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

She is so sure of herself that she neglects patient's concerns or knowledge of their own bodies. would seek second opinion for surgery or something serious.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Pelaez for more than 8 years. She is knowledgeable and to the point. I've seen many OB/GYN's and she was the first to point out that there was an acidophollus(Sp?) pill that I could take to help to prevent yeast infections--none of my other OB's had ever pointed to this... and I am very gratefull to her for this.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2010

Extremely rude OB. She spend no more than 3 minutes with me and I have to ask her for an extra min. to get some answers. I will not recommended her to anybody.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2008

This doctor is terrible about returning calls! I was hospitalized several times for different problems during my pregnancy including high blood pressure and dehydration and she was nearly impossible to get in contact with. Her office staff is also extremely rude!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2008

She's just alright. She will answer your questions to the best of her knowledge but sometimes it's not enough. If you have a choice I would see another OB/GYN based on friendliness and caring. If you're all about business then she's the person for you.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2007

Dr. Annette K. Pelaez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Brown & Toland Physicians