Ratings for Dr. Terrence Ming-Fok

Dr. Ming is not helpful or personable. He does not talk with you in a friendly way and I always left his office feeling scolded. When I was seeing him with my first pregnancy, I never felt informed of what the process would be or what the next step was. I had to ask a lot of questions to get any information, nothing was explained. He required me to have unnecessary appointments. I had to switch doctors halfway through my pregnancy to be able to get the quality I desired. During the process of switching I had unpleasant experiences with the staff, one of which a receptionist hung up on me. Every appointment I have ever had with Dr. Ming has been a negative experience. I’m glad to have finally switched.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Dr Ming has always been a great doctor. Very thorough. He's always had great advice and the staff is amazing as well

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

I do not know what planet the last person commenting comes from, but I have not experienced anything like that. Dr, Ming is very personable and quite willing to listen, any complaint, He has no problem admitting that he is not an expert in certain fields and without hesitation, will send me to a specialist. I on the other hand have recommended other people to him, and they are also pleased with him.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr. Ming and most of his staff are very arrogant and unsociable. They all seem so uptight, and do not liked to be questioned, because it seems they know everything, and to them, I’m just a fool. A few years ago I questioned Dr. Ming about his analysis of my back injury, and he told me that “I should seek out a different doctor, but good luck trying to find one”. He was eager to prescribe high blood pressure medication for me although my blood pressure was normal, and wanted me to take statin drugs even after I told him I was allergic to them, but good luck trying to get pain medication stronger than Tylenol. He is very loud and can be heard talking to patients from the waiting room. (so much for Doctor/Patient confidentiality). About a year ago I phoned his office to see if he would fax a prescription to my pharmacist, and one of his staff members told me that the doctor doesn’t like to fax prescriptions, and I should make an appointment because that’s how they make their livelihood. I would definitely not recommend this doctor and his staff to anybody looking for a good GP. I finally took his advice and have since found a much better doctor.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr Ming is a very good family doctor. He is very thorough and could even be called cautious. He gets right to the point which can be positive or negative depending on whether you like chit chat or not. He does not refill Rx over the phone abd gives short numbers of refills so that can be a bit annoying. However, all in ll, I think he is a strong physician.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

I have had a number of health issues all my life. Which has kept me in regular need of the services of a doctor. Dr. Ming-Fok did a complete history and testing of my conditions. Best of all the doctors I have seen over the years. His recommended treatment was exactly as my experience indicated. He is very professional but lacks some of the social skills many expect of their doctor.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

I have to admit, Dr. Ming isn't very personable, but he does a amazing job with my medical issues (I'm mentally and physically ill). He thoroughly explains the diagnosis given and helps me understand why some specalits are needed. One thing I do not like is how the nursing staff handle referrals. My referal to a couple specalits had to be sent a few times to go through.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

It blows my mind that people trust this man with their health. I am fortunate enough that I don't have severe medical issues, but still. My original family doctor retired when I was 11, so Dr Ming took over my file and for the last eleven years it has been a nightmare (unfortunately no decent doctors in the city were taking new patients until recently). I saw him yesterday because I have been having terrible hormonal acne/hair loss/severe menstrual cramps, so I wanted to see if he could possibly check me for a hormonal imbalance. He didn't look at me the entire time I was talking, PLUS he was too busy writing in someone else's file to even open mine. He asked me my age and if I had any allergies (which were readily available for him to read in my file), and then proceeded to tell me acne can last until I'm 30. It wasn't until I informed him I have never had acne until 3 months ago that he prescribed me a topical cream just to mask my symptoms. God forbid he actually treats the cause.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

A very good doctor. Actually saw him out of office one time and he is much more personable when not being your doctor. He takes your concerns very seriously and always makes sure you are on the proper medication. He will send you to a specialist if he deems it necessary and I trust his opinions and knowledge at all times. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012