Ratings for Dr. John Ellis

No doctor is god! They do the best they can! This doctor has a wonderful bedside manner! I feel very comfortable with him and know he would do the best he can to help me with my health issues! I know they are not god and can't cure all so I always keep that in mind! They are only human and most do the best they can! Thank god for them! Not an easy job!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Dr. John Ellis is truly an incredible Doc ! One of the few that really cares about his patients and always sends you to the best specialists that we have in Alberta . Best thing is he never talks over your head with medical jargin and is an asset to Alberta Health Services !

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

He has been my doctor for many years hes a great doctor and a even nicer person

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

Dr. Ellis delivered both of my daughters, my second daughter is actually named after him! He is not only a wonderful doctor but also a wonderful person! He is caring and understanding with a great sense of humor! have always felt very at ease and calm when bringing up any questions or concerns. I would recommend Dr Ellis to everyone.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Dr. Ellis was my prenatal doctor while I lived in Red Deer and he was very kind, knowledgeable, and understanding of my 'first pregnancy' worries. Always reassuring and kind.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

He is very negligent and has been detrimental to my sons health. My ex takes him to Ellis when he is visiting with him. He Gave my son penicillin 3x in two months, not ONE swab was sent to the lab, my doctor checked on the AHS database. My doctor has made note and if it happens again, he intends to report it to the college of physicians and surgeons. He's just a pill pusher. From what I've seen on the college sight, he hasn't upgraded since 87, so obviously missed the not all bugs need drugs campaign to avoid antibiotic resistance. He should not be allowed to practice any more. His knowledge level is 30years behind. Don't trust your health to this person. If you need more than just a refill and can't get in to your reputable doctor in time, he's your man, if you need a diagnosis, and not just an assumption and a trip to a pharmacy with no verification of the need of it..go to a different doctor!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

Very negligent doctor. Would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Absolutely fantastic doctor. He is kind and caring and is so fantastic with my son. He's the best doctor we have ever had. When my son was having developmental concerns and the specialists thought he might have autism, he called his wife to come down to talk with me and bring their amazing daughter to calm my fears and answer any questions. As soon as he has a concerns he sends you for tests and checks every possibility before dismissing any cause. I love doctor Ellis and his amazing wife who also is a nurse and works with him.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

AMAZING Doctor...always honest and always there when you need him.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

we have all had bad experiances with doctors. this man threw my pregnancy and years after is not just the best doctor for dozens if reasons but also one of greatest human beings I feel lucky to know.his heart is gold

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015