Ratings for Dr. Lynn Johnston

Excellent, thorough, caring doctor! Took time to explain, careful attention to detail

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

As a physician she is not helpful in educating her patients. She's very condescending & arrogant. I would like nothing more than to have another ID physician who devotes the time and effort to get to know their patients needs & concerns.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

She's "meh". I have been seeing her for 12 years now, Dr. Johnston is much more helpful and far less arrogant than when I first met her. As a Poz person, there is not a lot of choice in Halifax as far as HIV physicians go, you pretty much have to take what you can get.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

This statement left by another commentator sums it up perfectly 'I would not recommend the so called Dr. Johnston if she was the last physician in the world. She is arrogant,condescending, narcissistic with her only real concern being her ego. She has no true interest in the well being and treatment of her patients unless she feels she can somehow personally gain from the experience. She is a pathetic disgrace to the profession.'

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Was seen both on an inpatient and outpatient basis by Dr. Johnston. I appreciated her careful listening, weighing of options for treatment, her skill in eliciting information, her awareness of the fact that several different physicians were involved in my care that may affect decisions about treating me, and her caution in not ordering drugs without a clear reason for doing so. I was surprised that she was aware of tests my local physician had ordered and considered the information. Finally, she does make sure I understand her current assessment and managing of my care.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2016

DR Johnston is a disgrace. If she doesn,t care about me you would at lest think she would care about the people I might pass this infection on to. I thought it was her duty to inform the Department of Public health of these hind of infections.I might go and see them myself.All Dr. Johnstone concerned herself with was my big toe when in fact my whole body is infected with something that I can pass on to others.I called her office for a second vist on she couldn,t be bothered to see me.Maybe I will have better luck at The Department of Public Health.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

No help at all. Told me I couldn't have Lyme disease because ticks don't bite on the back. They go for warm areas. She also said testing in Canada was very accurate and even though all my joints hurt they weren't swollen, so I couldn't have Lyme. All very inaccurate statements. A complete waste of time. I went to BC to be treated and have spent over $20,000 so far. I am doing a lot better, no thanks to Dr Johnston. ID doctors need training. They don't even know about co-infections.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

I was refered to Johnston by another so called specialist,it was the worst experience ever I waited for 2hours just to get an intake done by a nurse that didn't have a clue,I don't think she was a nurse a secretary maybe.then iwas told to wait in a halway with two other poor soles .the doors were open to patient rooms you could see right in.the smell of piss and other stuff was horrible the ceiling tiles were stained and missing. Then I finally got to see Johnston my first impression ****.not a clue she doesn't care about where you live in relation to health care she thinks you should move to the city go on welfare and start doing yoga or some**** wtf.reality.then Johnston told me to strip and put on a Johnny shirt in a filthy room stained with filth.she left the room. I got up walked out .my drive had been waiting for 4 hours I live 4 hours away this was an 18 hr day I was incredibly stressed sick and completely broke.still with no real dr.she lies.icould go on this is true get well

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

My personal doctor very recently sent a written referral (a copy of which I have in my possession) to Dr. Barbara Lynn Johnston, because he is concerned about an infectious disease related health issue I am dealing with. Dr. Johnston flatly refused to meet with me for consultation. I find this to be totally reprehensible conduct. I believe it is fair to say that my personal doctor is incredulous. I have reported this situation to the office of the Premier of Nova Scotia. It is therefor my understanding that Doctor Johnston is a disgrace to herself, her profession and the people of Nova Scotia in her capacity as the head of the Infectious Disease department at the QE11 in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I would rate Dr. Barbara Lynn Johnston at the very bottom of your rating scale.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014