Ratings for Dr. Rami Rustum

I honestly left there TODAY feeling extremely HAPPY for the first time in about a YEAR! Last May I had an MRI done of my neck, head, spine, the "so called" Dr that I was booked with to READ the MRI and evaluate me after was a nightmare! He said and I quote "you have one bulging disc and it shouldn't be causing you pain, so I have NO IDEA what your problem is and why you're here"! I literally cried because "I know" my pain is REAL and I'm NOT crazy but that guy was a rude A-HOLE who didn't care! He also didn't take the time to READ the MRI or he would've seen I had 2 bulging discs and NOW nerve damage! My left arm goes numb now! I have to say after that apt I was skeptical to see DR Rustum but OMG am I glad I did!! He was SO nice and SO caring and professional and explained my pain is REAL and HE understood completely! He DIDN'T suggest surgery 1st, he opted for injections and meds 1st, he explained the plan he had for me very well and I was excited! THANK YOU Dr Rustum!!! :)

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Is not knowledgeable about chronic pain management, has issues with ego (ex. if questioned, even if politely), inflexible, can become defensive and aggressive, as well as childish, insults other practitioners and claims (and I am quoting verbatim) "I am the only *real* pain management doctor, they (my other pmds in Boston for cancer care) aren't *real* pain management doctors!" This he screamed at me. Does not possess any modern information. Does not read or use medical records nor patient assessment for care decisions... what IS he using then?? Offered me no work-up, alternate meds, nothing. We ended up dropping each other. I am now seeking pain management back in Boston, where they are trained well, well educated, and informed and COMPETENT. Wish I could have found a local doctor. Tired of Boston after all my cancer care! :( I do NOT recommended this man. p.s.~ agree with other reviewer, not good for women especially. Male ego thing.. (God complex)

flag | Submitted October 6, 2013

This doctor is unfortunately only interested in his own agenda. He does not listen to what the patient wants or needs, and if you disagree with anything in his treatment plan he becomes accusatory and states that you are noncompliant with treatment. He will not give narcotic medication for acute exacerbations of your pain issue, no matter how much pain you're in. He is very apathetic. He does not return phone calls when he is on call. His nurse thought an NSAID was a muscle relaxer. He pushes for surgery even though the surgeon thinks it's a bad idea. He doesn't look at MRIs/Xrays, he only reads the reports, so I can't help but question his diagnostic abilities. He is rude and constantly interrupts you when you try to talk. He constantly talks about how he is mandated by insurance companies and the DEA and therefore will not tailor his treatment to the patient, but instead tailors his treatment to the insurance company and DEA. What a shame.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

Dr Rustum was anti-physical therapy, anti-chiropractic, and anti-exercise. He just gave me an option of 2 injections plus medication then surgery for a bulged disc. He was not open to any alternative treatment.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

Great, Great doctor. Treats you with respect. I was turned down by other providers as I have MassHealth but Dr. Rustum treated me like I have the best insurance with many options. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

The best I have ever been to.He does not play games. With todays abuse of medication. He is not going to lose his right to practice for someone who is Doctor shopping. He treated me personaly with respect.I dont waste his time he does not waste mine.I give him the facts of my health. He gives me his professional opinion. If we agree, we act on it.Its a joint decision. Mine and his.If not he talks about ather options.I cant praise him enough.His staff is outstanding.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

met at open house and made me very hopeful gave me lots of options for treatment, then at the appointment completly contradicted himself and acted like he could not help and there where really no options for me except constant surgureies. ONLY SPENT 4 MINUTES WITH ME at appointmnent!!!! Had no bedside manner. It was like i was speaking to a diffrent doctor from the 1st time. Would NEVER RECOMEND to anyone with women's health issues!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

Dr. Rustum is fabulous. He is extremely knowledgeable, kind, compassionate and without question the best pain management physician I have ever seen. His office staff is also great. He has helped me tremendously. I recommend him highly. He is very approachable, too.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Dr. Rami Rustum's Credentials

• Univ Of Tichreen, Fac Of Med, Lattakia, Syria (Univ Latakia) (Grad. 1994)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Lawrence, MA