Dr. Adam B. Alperin

Outstanding Staff Badge

Ratings for Dr. Adam B. Alperin

I love Dr. Alperin, I had a different doctor in this practice and loved him as well but now getting to know Alperin better, my husband and I, both live him. He is very caring and he actually takes the time to sit down and talk at the appointments he is great. Don't let these other reviews scare you off from him I've seen 6 OBGYN in the last 3 years and he is wonderful

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

He is a complete jerk. Ruined my while birth experience. Arrogant, forceful, and he wouldn't listen to a word I said during labor. Wish I would have thought of kicking him out of the room, but I was too busy giving birth. Every time I think of him I get angry. Just a complete jacka**.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

It was my first pregnancy ever and I had zero knowledge of how everything worked. I found Dr. alperin to be rude and know it all. He also did a "vaginall check" at every apt. Really? Why? I've been pregnant now a few more times and never got checked that much especially in the first tri and with no prior history of complications. I'm not saying he's werid or whatever but it sure weirds me out. Never could find someone who coukd explain the need for it.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr. A has been absolutely amazing through both of my pregnancies. I ask a ton of questions and tend to freak out, but he never ever dismisses me or my husband. He delivered one beautiful baby and we are ready to make sure this one does the same, despite a small complication. I wouldn't trust another team of professionals with my pregnancies or reproductive system.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

I love Dr Alperin! I had some complications during my pregnancy and he took great care of me . My baby is healthy and so am I. I highly recommend him

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

I think him and his staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend himto amy of my friends or anyone for that matter. When we decided to have oir mext baby we will come back to his care. One more month till this one is due! Thanks for your help!!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

I was referred to dr alperin by a close friend for my surprise first pregnancy. I felt very comfortable with him and felt that he gave my husband and I all his attention and time that we needed. I loved going to my appointments all through my pregnancy. I would refer anyone to dr alperin and would definitely see him again for myself as well

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

About a year ago I went to see Dr. Alprin for breakouts. Without testing he told me I had herpes. Naturally this is devastating news. News that I had to tell to my new boyfriend (who luckily was understanding and supportive). The fact that Dr. Alprin did no testing made me unsure so I got a second opinion from another doctor who quickly saw that it was not herpes, but a skin condition. Like doctors should do, she ran tests to confirm her findings and she was right, no herpes. I could have been taking medication that was unnecessary and potentially harmful and lost my boyfriend over Dr. Alprins neglect. He is a horrible doctor and I will never recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

I passed several large blood clots during my menstrual cycle. He just wanted to write a script for a low dose estrogen and when I told him (politely, of course) I didn't want to mask my symptoms with medication and that I came to him for the cause of all this, he was dismissive and irritated. I told him I wanted whatever tests to rule out cancer and to tell me the cause of these clots. He stated he'll order an ultrasound to "make me feel better". Well, he has EGG ON HIS FACE because the exam revealed I had a thickened endometrium lining and an ovarian cyst. If I hadn't pushed for testing, I/we never would've found out about these changes in my reproductive system. Afterwards, I chose to see a naturopathic doc for the blood clot issues. The doc did testing which revealed I'm experiencing perimenopause. The nat doc stated she was glad I didn't take the low dose estrogen because THIS WASN'T THE SOLUTION to treating my issues - and would've masked the real problem.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2010

I really liked Dr. Alperin at first but when I was experiencing depression with my fourth pregnancy he had no problem writing a prescription for Zoloft without talking to me about the risks and side effects. I totally trusted him (this was nine years ago) and thought it was okay. Then when I was ready to deliver I asked him about taking the anti-depressants while nursing. He said "I don't know. I'll have to find out and let you know" Really? You wouldn't know that. Anyways, my sweet boy has some learning disabilities and can't help but think that it may have been from the anti-depressants while pregant. I can't believe he would prescribe them without talking to me first and weighing the side effects. I've also heard that he is very very rude to his nurses and hospital staff.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2010

Dr. Adam B. Alperin's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Ga Sch Of Med, Augusta Ga 30912 (Grad. 1995)