Ratings for Dr. David Venturi

Doesn't close the door because he's so quick to get you out of his office! Doesn't listen to you, completely dismissive. Venturi gets paid to tell people to go home and wait for the problem to go away on it's own. Doesn't like to give a prescription, doesn't want to refer to a specialist, he cracks sick jokes about your condition...he's an arrogant and just plain mean. He's also a naturopath, and loves to push alternative medicine quackery all the time!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

This physician's indifference, rushing and dismissive behaviour ultimately led to an ICU admission and prolonged hospital stay for my parent which has ended his/her ability to work. We received no acknowledgement (never mind apolofy) from the practice. The only reason we have not formally complained to tbe College is because my parent is afraid of needing to see him again. Please be very careful if you have to see this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Horrible Dr, only cares about himself, hearing his own voice and cracking jokes. He should probably return to Yuk Yuk's and give up his practice. Refused to treat my ailing father after we took him to a specialist against his wishes. We're forced to do so because he had no time to review his medication, think outside the box as his health continued to detoriate. Anyone thinking of having him as your Dr, please think,twice.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

He definitely doesn't waste a lot of time, but he does have genuine concern. He's always taken my concerns seriously. I have never experienced the supposed apprehensiveness to refer to specialists as reported in other reviews.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Venturi for years. I go in with a list if I have more than one inquiry and he attends to each of my concerns. The waiting room is always full and this is why he "rushes". We're in a very highly populated area and he has a LOT of patients to see so try to see things from his perspective as well when reviewing. If you will require a longer appointment then mention it when booking! If you're going to request a physical (for a woman) request Dr. Basta who works in his building and has done a complete physical for me. It is always better going to a woman anyways!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr Venturi is an extremely intelligent and knowledgeable doctor, there is no doubt about this. He does go through patients quickly but he has to in order to not have a crazy wait at an extremely busy office. When my father was ill and i was struggling with the fact that he was dying, dr Venturi helped me a great deal. He didnt rush me, i remember sitting in his office crying, he did everything he could to help me, i will never forget his kind words and his encouragement.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Wrong diagnosis more than once. Not a good choice if you're looking for a doctor. Very short, no eye-contact. Doesn't even close office door for privacy

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

I stopped seeing this doctor. He would cut me off mid sentence, before I could finish telling him what's wrong and gave a (wrong) diagnosis. I guess he is clairvoyant. He made very light of a recurrence of depression even though I have a history of 2 suicide attempts. Glibely stated, "a lot of people are low at this time of the year" and quickly fired off a prescription for an antidepressant. I am a nurse and used to work in mental health so I know he did not do an appropriate assessment. He also gave me wrong information regarding hip pain saying I was too young to have arthritis. I have since had a hip replacement after seeing a different doctor.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Here is a doctor who thinks he is God and doesn't feel the need to refer to anyone and when asked can become very defensive and aggressive. It is more important for him to feel as if he has come up with the idea than to listen to a patient ask for one. He is an arrogant person and has more interest in pumping patients through to bill ohip than to listen to a patient. He is quick to brush off your concerns. Stay clear of this one...especially if you are female....doesnt think they have a brain:(

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

I've been having gastrointestinal problems for years, and I've seen multiple doctors. They all wrote me off as IBS and perscribed Metamucil. Venturi was the first doctor to take my problems seriously, and do all he could to help.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014