Ratings for Dr. Janet Marley

I was hemoraging Dr Marley got me right in sent me for blood transfusions and set up out patient surgery stat. I'm feeling MUCH better, waiting on the test results I think Dr Marley saved my life.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

Never in my life have I ever been treated so rudely. I saw Dr. Marley three times in a 3 month period and had decided before my 3rd appt that it would be my last. The 3rd appt was a follow up consultation on a Biopsy. I waited for 10 min in the lobby and 55 min in her office. When she finally came in she asked me "what are you here for today?" I was nervous, irritable and awestruck that she was asking me why I was there. I hesitated and she barked "Speak up, speak up". I said I had been waiting for an hour and before I could continue she told me, I didn't have to wait for her and I could go somewhere else. I let her know that this would be my last appt and that I had already asked the nurse for a transfer form. She then shut my file and told me that she would not waste her time with me then. She got up and left her office without giving me my results. I knew before going that I was leaving but I thought that after an hour wait time I would at least have got my results.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

Have been a patient of Dr. Marley's for over 6 years. The only staff member that shows any emotion of being human is the nurse that takes your vitals and then leaves you in the room to wait for hours on end for Dr. M. to finally show up and then rush through your visit. Had an outpatient surgery, was told to call if any problems arose, took the receptionist 2 days to respond to my problem. Two weeks later, Dr. M finally talked to me about the surgery results. Now looking for a new surgeon and gynecologist. Can no longer put up with this type of continued behavior. My life is more important to me and seems to be of no matter to this doctor or her staff. Overlooked the rude staff behavior for years, but cannot dismiss the doc's behavior after my surgery, it was just too much & the last straw!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

Mom was cursed w/Dr. Marley cuz she had lump in breast & needed a GYN 2 request Diagnostic Mammo instead of regular 1. After mammo & biopsy, staff said they'd call w/results. Week went by, nothing. Finally @ 4:27p on a Friday, I called them. Staff said exactly this, "Oh yeah, ur mom has breast cancer. Have a good weekend" & hung up. After mastectomy, during chemo, w/her hair falling out, mom had a follow up appt. Staff repeatedly told her how "awful" she looked! 2day, w/3pm appt, mom sat in waiting room til 3:35 then was taken 2 room & left there naked til 4:23. They close @ 4:30! Dr. Marley rushed thru exam & then staff literally physically forced my 76yr old mom outside in2 parking lot & 95 degree heat 2 wait alone 4 her ride cuz she missed 1st one. She begged them 2 allow her 2 wait in lobby as others were still in office. "NO! It's 4:30 & we want 2 go home so u have 2 go NOW!" Need more? Dr's so rough, exam feels like tank is driving thru!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

in my opinion dr marley is a good doctor. initially i chose to go to her because i figured she had wisdom and i didnt want to see anyone too young or fresh out of school. when i first started going there which was several years ago i found her to be very thorough and things ran like clock work. things changed for the worst. now the wait time is so long i have accually been tempted to walk out. the staffs bedside manor is nonexistant!. and you never get a call back on labs even when you have issues that need to be adressed) its up to the patient to initiate contact and when you do the staff acts like your being bothersome or overly concerned. im so glad i left. i refuse to spend a $40.00 co-pay for that level of service.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

I think the staffy and Dr. Marley is great. I have been going there for years. You have to get to know them. Dr. Marley really knows her stuff. She is frank but she is very cautious & knowledable. They call me as soon as my results are in. Yes the wait time is a little long but they are worth it. I feel confident that I am going to a doctor that knows what she is doing. If I have any questions she takes the time to answer them. If you want a good doctor that knows what she is doing then, she is the best. The staff knows me by name and everyone is very nice. I wouldn't go any place else.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

All the comments so far seem on point. The top complaints I have for this doctor is: 1) Lack of concern/Insensitivity: I feel like she is a fast food restaurant type of doctor who comes in does the test hurries out. Once I had to yell wait! before she left the room and then her answer would be in the form of a question. Also, I brought up a question about the security of my records and she had the nerve to ask if I had anything to hide! I will let you analyze that one. The 2nd thing that irks me about this office is the staff: 1) Majority of the time I am calling them for my test results about a condition. The follow up was good at the beginning but then they stopped. One time I called and they had lost my results. They said they would return my phone call the same day but they did not. I ended up calling back the next day to find out that they still had not found my records. Overall, I've had my worst experience with this office and I encourage you to find someone else.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

There are about 100 things I could say. #1 when calling for test results because after a month I still hadn't heard anything, the staff called me their problem child because I wanted to know exactly what was wrong with me. They take a month to call about things that should be urgernt. This has happened several times already. Dr. Marly took a phone call from a vendor during the middle of my pap. Here I am with my legs in up and she swings the door open to go take this call and the whole office can see my goodies. I had several things happen to me and I was clearly upset about it and asking for information and treatment and all she could say was... You're not dying today. Great, I'm so reassured. She has no bedside manner, and the office staff are incompetent.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2009

I agree with other reviewers that the wait time in this clinic is absolutely unacceptable. I have sat in the rooms over an hour waiting for the doctor to see me. Once she arrives, she DOES NOT acknowledge the delay nor apologize. She also scurries through the visit. I also witnessed her taking a customer who arrived after I did because the patient complained about the delay. This was not fair. The doctor should go by order of arrival and appointment. Clearly appointment times mean nothing here. In addition, the staff, while most times friendly, seem limited in knowledge.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

I like Dr. Marley for the most part. Yes, she is knowledgeable, but I don't fell she takes the time with he patients that one would expect. I think a big part of the problem at that office is the staff. Some examples: My Mamogram came back bad. She was faxed the report the same day it was read at the xray facility. Notations on the report to her staff was to call me. They never did. The xray facility informed me when I never called to schedule further testing. My daughter had some testing done for Endo. & Ovarian Cysts. never called us, we had to call them. Test results were abnormal. Long waits in office and in exam room. She always seems to have an 'emergency".

flag | Submitted February 13, 2009

Dr. Janet Marley's Credentials

• Madras Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India (Grad. 1964)