Ratings for Dr. Christopher J. Mays

Dr. Mays is great. He's a quality doctor. He's a great listener. He's a friend. He cares a lot about my health.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Dr. Mays' staff is highly professional and compassionate. They know how to access specialists when necessary. Having access to them has provided me with prompt care when necessary.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

Our visits with Dr Mays (when we were with him) were good however, the office staff was not. They weren't attentive to patients who were at the window, had very little interaction and when we called on more than one occassion to try to get an appointment, we had the "out to lunch" message or unavailable message from 11am to 2pm! Yikes! Wish I could take a 3 hour lunch break! It is because of the office staff that we will not be returning to see Dr Mays which is unfortunate since he seems to be a caring doctor. But honestly, you just don't have that same sense from the staff----

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

Dr. Mays saved my life! I have been his patient since he treated my Mom when she was dying over 8 years ago. He has always been spot-on with every issue I've ever had. Last year I went into his office for a "routine" visit scheduled 6 months prior to this day. I almost stayed home because I felt so terrible--thought it was the flu. But he seemed to know immediately that it was not the flu but an urinary tract infection--a serious one. He not only sent me to the ER, but had two nurses take me there in a wheelchair. I spent 5 days in Intensive Care and 7 days in the hospital. Had I not seen Dr. Mays that day, I would probably not be here today. I thank God everyday for giving Dr. Mays His Own love for people and wisdom to save lives in His own wonderful way! Dr. Mays is truly a wonderful person and an excellent doctor! Thanks for reading!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Dr. Mays is a very good doctor,however that does not even come close to making up for the complete obnoxious and rude treatment his patients receive from his staff. Not one staff member is even the least bit helpful. You are typically on hold to make appts for over 15 mins. There is a 72 hour wait for referrals, even if you have an appt with Dr. Mays, you are required to return 3 days later for your referral. They will not fax or mail them. Never have been seen on time. Have waited 30-60 minutes for to be seen. Staff doesn't care, and questions and concerns are always meet with rude comments. They openly speak badly about patients that have just left are have no respect for the patients that are paying their salaries. Dr. May's is a good doctor, but not good enough to have to endure the behavior of his staff. Find someone else! I am finally after 5 years of being treated so poorly.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Mays for years. Great bedside manner, very helpful and smart. Remembers everything about me when I walk in the door. If he doesn't know something specific, he will direct you to a specialist. His staff, especially the woman who does the scheduling, is HORRIBLE. I have never encountered such rudeness - I've literally watched her rolling her eyes while on the phone with an elderly person, and then bad mouthing them when she gets off. Who knows what they've said about me! Yikes! Not a pleasant environment. If Dr. Mays wasn't so great, I would have stopped going long ago.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

Dr. Mays is great and a wonderful, caring doctor. His reception staff, however, are the worse.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2008

Dr. Mays is caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable. However, his staff makes it extremely difficult to get an appointment with him, or even to get a telephone message to him. It sometimes takes several days to get a "sick" appointment, or several weeks to get a "well" visit. Additionally, his staff is not generally very accomodating to work schedules, and I have often spent an hour in the waiting room before being seen.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2008

Dr. Mays shows great respect and care for the patient and is willing to take time to listen to all concerns.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2008

Dr. Mays is kind and considerate and careful. He also is sensitive to the cost of prescriptions.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2007

Dr. Christopher J. Mays's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

• BCBS Illinois