Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Steven A. Barna

Very pleased. Dr. Barna took care of wife's back and subsequently my back. All good experiences. Also very pleased with care at your Wesley Chapel Physical Therapy Facility.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Dr. Steven A. Barna's response
Awe, thank you! We are happy to hear that you've had great experiences with us!

Submitted September 5, 2017

Unprofessional, came in the room, was unable to bring up my MRI info (which I called 3x prior to visit to make sure it was there), he got up and left the exam room with me chasing after him in the hallway. I asked office staff why they couldn't pull it up in their computer. They looked at me like I was an alien. 'What? What do you mean?' After playing dumb, they admitted having access to 2 Diagnostic centers, but not mine. I asked can they fax it over, I'll call them. They said sure. Meanwhile, Dr Barna, never returned, I had to stop him in the hallway on his way to see another patient. He said he was unable to speak to me without the disk with the images. The report was nothing he was willing to even review and discuss options, he said walking away with his back to me. I sat in the waiting area reading my MRI fax with over a dozen herniated disks up and down my spine, crippling pain. I drove over an hour to see him and took the day off work. Next appointment over a month away.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Dr. Steven A. Barna's response
We are very sorry for any inconvenience. We always advise patients when scheduling an appointment to bring their diagnostic report and images with them. We don’t have the capability to bring up results from other diagnostic centers outside of FOI, except 1, which has granted us access to do so. That’s why Dr. Barna couldn’t pull them up on his computer. Without this info and in all fairness and good faith to our patients, physicians are unable to give an accurate and full evaluation. As a result we do not charge for the visit and recommend that the patient reschedule.

Submitted June 22, 2017

Would never go back after seeing how rude and unpleasant this doctor is! No bedside manner. Did not even introduce himself or even act like he cared! On top of that, I waited over 2 hours to see him only to be rushed out the door! Never going back!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Terrible, unprofessional. I wasted a month, in severe pain with him. They drag their feet getting insurance approval. My procedure was cancelled at 4pm the day before, we rescheduled for the next week. Then they never even called me to tell me it was cancelled AGAIN, after I left several voice messages the day before. I even prepaid the Dr. & surgery center. I gave them a few days to make up for their bad treatment of me before posting this. Nothing done. Unheard of treatment for their patients!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I've been to FOI for several ailments so I knew the reputation already. Dr. Barna was excellent!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

My experience at the Surgical Center was excellent thanks to Dr. Barna!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I was impressed with the coordination and thoughtfulness of the check-in , surgery prep, recovery staff and esepcially Dr. Barna. This makes for a less stressful experience, even for minor out patient surgery.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

From the time I entered the office until I left, everyone was so courteous. What a pleasant surprise to meet with Dr.Barna,and actually have him take the time to listen and not be in a rush to move on. He took the time to explain what the problem is and why surgery has to be done. Another surprise was no wait time! My appointment was on time and the doctor was in quickly.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I Love Dr. Barna. He listens and has great bedside manner. He is excellent at what he does.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Service and staff members were excellent -----truly kind and professional.. Thank You

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Dr. Steven A. Barna's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Barna is a board certified and fellowship trained interventional pain physician who focuses on the minimally invasive care of spine conditions and other chronic pain conditions. He serves as an Assistant Professor of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine at University of South Florida, as an academic editor for the journal, Medicine, as well as a reviewer for the Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma.

• Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med, Cleveland Oh 44106 (Grad. 1997)