Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Steven A. Barna

Waited more than an hour and a half. He never said anything about his delay. The walls are thin and we heard him talking to his previous patient about his hair. Really unbelievable experience. My husband has had herniated disks for six months and was scheduled to have an epidural. Sadly due to medical complications my husband was unable to have the procedure. We had hoped he would have had other suggestions to alleviate his acute/chronic pain. He suggested my husband try another medication which was contraindicated based on the meds my husband is on. Clearly he didn't take a few minutes to read the 4 /5 medications that my husband is on. He said maybe in a year the disc would dislodge. He told my husband due to his medical status " he was screwed" in terms of getting an epidural or other procedure. My husband has a serious medical condition that wouldn't safely allow. When my husband disclosed his incident the Dr's response "that sucks" . He was out the door before we could ask questions like what did he mean when he said the disk could break off. The Dr's assistant came in and I asked what the dr meant by the disk breaking off? The tech said he would have the dr come in to explain. We waited a few minutes and realized it would be a waste of our time waiting for the dr to return. When he left the patient room we saw the dr across the hall drinking a coffee and eating a snack. I wouldn't trust this dr as he seems more interested in himself rather than the patient.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Dr. Steven A. Barna's response
We are terribly sorry to hear that your husband is in chronic pain and that he was unable to have the epidural to help deal with the pain he is in. We understand that it must have been very uncomfortable waiting a long time for the physician. We extend our deepest apology that we did not express empathy for your husbands condition at the time of your visit and that we did not offer a thorough explanation for the physicians recommendation, forcing you to have unanswered questions. Thank you for your feedback so we can bring this to the attention of our clinic leadership and address this with the physician team.

Submitted May 4, 2018

The most professional, courteous, and organized surgical-care I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Very pleased. Dr. Barna took care of wife's back and subsequently my back. All good experiences. Also very pleased with care at your Wesley Chapel Physical Therapy Facility.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Dr. Steven A. Barna's response
Awe, thank you! We are happy to hear that you've had great experiences with us!

Submitted September 5, 2017

Unprofessional, came in the room, was unable to bring up my MRI info (which I called 3x prior to visit to make sure it was there), he got up and left the exam room with me chasing after him in the hallway. I asked office staff why they couldn't pull it up in their computer. They looked at me like I was an alien. 'What? What do you mean?' After playing dumb, they admitted having access to 2 Diagnostic centers, but not mine. I asked can they fax it over, I'll call them. They said sure. Meanwhile, Dr Barna, never returned, I had to stop him in the hallway on his way to see another patient. He said he was unable to speak to me without the disk with the images. The report was nothing he was willing to even review and discuss options, he said walking away with his back to me. I sat in the waiting area reading my MRI fax with over a dozen herniated disks up and down my spine, crippling pain. I drove over an hour to see him and took the day off work. Next appointment over a month away.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Dr. Steven A. Barna's response
We are very sorry for any inconvenience. We always advise patients when scheduling an appointment to bring their diagnostic report and images with them. We don’t have the capability to bring up results from other diagnostic centers outside of FOI, except 1, which has granted us access to do so. That’s why Dr. Barna couldn’t pull them up on his computer. Without this info and in all fairness and good faith to our patients, physicians are unable to give an accurate and full evaluation. As a result we do not charge for the visit and recommend that the patient reschedule.

Submitted June 22, 2017

Would never go back after seeing how rude and unpleasant this doctor is! No bedside manner. Did not even introduce himself or even act like he cared! On top of that, I waited over 2 hours to see him only to be rushed out the door! Never going back!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Terrible, unprofessional. I wasted a month, in severe pain with him. They drag their feet getting insurance approval. My procedure was cancelled at 4pm the day before, we rescheduled for the next week. Then they never even called me to tell me it was cancelled AGAIN, after I left several voice messages the day before. I even prepaid the Dr. & surgery center. I gave them a few days to make up for their bad treatment of me before posting this. Nothing done. Unheard of treatment for their patients!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I've been to FOI for several ailments so I knew the reputation already. Dr. Barna was excellent!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

My experience at the Surgical Center was excellent thanks to Dr. Barna!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I was impressed with the coordination and thoughtfulness of the check-in , surgery prep, recovery staff and esepcially Dr. Barna. This makes for a less stressful experience, even for minor out patient surgery.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

From the time I entered the office until I left, everyone was so courteous. What a pleasant surprise to meet with Dr.Barna,and actually have him take the time to listen and not be in a rush to move on. He took the time to explain what the problem is and why surgery has to be done. Another surprise was no wait time! My appointment was on time and the doctor was in quickly.

Dr. Steven A. Barna's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Barna is a board certified and fellowship trained interventional pain physician who focuses on the minimally invasive care of spine conditions and other chronic pain conditions. He serves as an Assistant Professor of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine at University of South Florida, as an academic editor for the journal, Medicine, as well as a reviewer for the Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma.

• Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med, Cleveland Oh 44106 (Grad. 1997)